Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

I started the new one as a filler until the old one returns - hopefully a mod will merge them then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

oh right, where is the old one?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I saw a lovely old Porsche going into Parkwest this morning. Like the one in this picture:

hphoto09.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

About 10 years ago, the DVLC in the UK stopped issuing plates with the digits 666 (due to the higher proportion of accidents with them (more likely due to the personality of the owner, rather than anything supernatural!)).

I am sure I saw a limerick ambulance with the reg "999 DIE" about 10 years back!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

steve06 wrote:
    oh right, where is the old one?
    Apparently any threads with more than 200 posts were deleted (hopefully temporarily

• Advertisement

Yakuza wrote:
    About 10 years ago, the DVLC in the UK stopped issuing plates with the digits 666 (due to the higher proportion of accidents with them (more likely due to the personality of the owner, rather than anything supernatural!)).

I am sure I saw a limerick ambulance with the reg "999 DIE" about 10 years back!
    this isn't true. I have a 2001 Celica and I got it with a 666reg

steve06 wrote:
    this isn't true. I have a 2001 Celica and I got it with a 666reg

Maybe "The Internet" lied to me: http://groups.google.ie/groups?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2005-15,GGLD:en&q=dvlc%20666%20plates%20uk%20&sa=N&tab=ig

http://groups.google.ie/group/uk.people.silversurfers/browse_frm/thread/df8d6b16ee98a750/3426e3764dd5c027?lnk=st&q=dvlc+666+reg+plates+&rnum=9&hl=en#3426e3764dd5c027

Admittedly, I can't find a web page to confirm it, (but plenty of usenet posts), and I do remember reading about it.

You are talking about a UK 2001 Celica, with a *new* plate issued on that date, and not a personalised one that came with the car, right?

no it was a personalised plate preorderd by the owner when they bought the car in 2001. Y666

steve06 wrote:
    no it was a personalised plate preorderd by the owner when they bought the car in 2001. Y666

Fair enough. Maybe you can order a 666 reg (if you want one), but the DVLC don't give them out *in sequence* so someone can't get one at random.

So...err... we're both right, yaay! :)

• Subscribers Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

MrPudding wrote:
    What is with all the nice cars in there? All doctors?

MrP

that luxury car guy is running his business from there now that he sold the garage..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Yakuza wrote:
    About 10 years ago, the DVLC in the UK stopped issuing plates with the digits 666
    Yakuza wrote:
    but the DVLC don't give them out *in sequence* so someone can't get one at random.
    The DVLC became the DVLA in 1990. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Range Rover Project Kahn (with 22inch alloys :eek:)

Looks just like the beast I seen straight out of the factory, Heading back over to Ireland on the ferry with me. Absoloutly amazing, and them exhaust's could really really howl ;)

image786gz7.th.jpg

image789jk3.th.jpg

Hj

New Jag XK today... love it. Although I think it's the same one I posted pics of before.

jag1xd3.jpg
    jag2rh2.jpg

forgot I saw this re-badged "M3"(standard 3 series) the other day....

WHY????????
    m3fakeea7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Coming back from the airport this evening on the M50, a brand new black Mercedes S63 CDI (:confused: ) passed me! Obviously the owner made a mess of putting a high-spec badge on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DaRo

I saw this car 2 months ago
    Classic car!!

dsc00115bo4.th.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

steve06 wrote:
    forgot I saw this re-badged "M3"(standard 3 series) the other day....

WHY????????
    m3fakeea7.jpg

oh what a Muppet

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

'American' (UK reg) Police Cruiser spotted today in Cuffe street (Dublin). I think this car may have been discussed on a thread recently.

is it here for a film? Last year I saw a line of nypd squad cars and nypd taxis going into ardmore studios. I saw a massive big black GMC yesterday, LHD, reg was B10 USA

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

It's back , perhaps the new one should be merged .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

qz wrote:
    Upload it onto YouTube and then post the link? I'd love to see/hear it.

Yes that'd be a great idea, Upload it to youtube. It'd be good to see.

Hj

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Not often you see a Ferari 430 and a Maserati in the same hotel car park especially here in donegal. managed to get the owners to park them side by side... they even swapped keys for a while.. the noise was incedible !!

Say hello to my son and to the most expensive N.Ireland Reg plate. BIG 1. (£104,000 sterling) on a Dodge Ram LHD. Picture taken in Ballyshannon, Co. Donegal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

There's a black 2003 Dodge Ram on the Old Bawn Road near Tallaght Village nearly evey day. Nice looking beast it is aswell.

Heres a daylight look at the Ferari 430.

The guy who owns this has the N.ireland dealership for these beasts. Its amazing how small even a Landcruiser Amazon looks next to this. He also bough BIG 2 and BIG 3 at £30,000 each.... Then again he had just sold OIL 1.. so I guess he had a few spare pounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭AJ!

The Richford Ferrari F430...

dsc00571dp3.jpg

Is this F430 English or Northern registered?

ferrk9.jpg

The black F430 is registered in N.Ireland. The plate cost £16,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

AJ! wrote:
    The Richford Ferrari F430...

dsc00571dp3.jpg

Is this F430 English or Northern registered?

ferrk9.jpg

AJ I've always wanted to go have a look round Richford but would feel like a knacker pulling up in my S class, they've a beautiful blue maserati now opposite the 430 and is the escalade still parked at the back of the showroom?

• Advertisement

love the new Focus ST in orange....
    06090812461rb5.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement