Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

brilliant marcinek, i did not know skoda were making a supercar (the silver one in your photo with the 444 reg) :):) some boot in that one id say !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

dsc08939largecustom.jpg

I really like this photo of the Bristol, very english for some reason, it cant fit into the garage so the doors are held open with two half bricks. Love the pic of the Aston in the rain too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Fixed that for you. Idiots really shouldn't be allowed buy these kind of cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Hogzy wrote: »
    Those Arabs have some sickening amount of money!!!

More money than taste judging by some of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

steve06 wrote: »
    Idiots really shouldn't be allowed buy these kind of cars.

Idiots?

Over the top modifications are fashionable where they're from, their culture and tastes are not the same as ours. You don't like the cars, that's fine, but please refrain from calling the owners idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Let's get back to posting pics of cars rather than discussing owners please. Re-read the first post if you need a refresher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Beauty of a DB6 today at lunch time. Nice little superleggera badge on the bonnet.
    db6.jpg
    db62.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

He's taking a risk parking there. I wouldn't be parking near anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭alejandro1977

4b4d1af7.jpg
    223e551a.jpg
    8accc108.jpg
    I believe this E-Type was featured in Top Gear recently. Not sure what they were filming on this occasion.

a few blasts from the more recent past
    61aa14f5.jpg
    Diable
    42c294cf.jpg
    1aa6a0de.jpg
    904470a4.jpg
    Audi RS2

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭df_h

USA! F*** Yeah!! :P

click for larger view,

the door handle on the 5.7L V8 Tundra 6ft of the ground :eek:

2a.jpg

3a.jpg

1a_2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I love the states but big ass 22" rims are forking terrible.

df_h wrote: »
    USA! F*** Yeah!! :P

click for larger view,

the door handle on the 5.7L V8 Tundra 6ft of the ground :eek:

Ehhh....... it's Japanese actually :pac:.

Seems the diesel engine in those is not the 4.5l from the Landcruiser but an 8.0l from a Hino truck!!!!! :eek:

MCMLXXV wrote: »

Yeh they love their chrome wheels, especially the Afro-Americans, there seems to be some sort of "space race" of who can lift their car higher of the ground :eek: I just had to put the picture up to add "variety" to thread

bijapos wrote: »
    Ehhh....... it's Japanese actually pacman.gif.
    I know I know, the comment was more about how Americans love their big cars (and petrol is more than half the price), Imagine on of these Tundras trying to fit on the Irish roads :eek:, you'll get plenty of respect driving that! otherwise you just drive over em :P

Anyways ill try find more pics

...its a steam powered roadtrain! :confused:

Seen one of these "things" in Donegal a while back, apparently it <very slowly> traversed the length of the country from South to North

Sorry about quality i was going fast in the opposite direction

click for larger

1a_3.jpg

2a_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I think these were primitive versions of steam rollers but I could be completely wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

CianRyan wrote: »
    I think these were primitive versions of steam rollers but I could be completely wrong.
    You are completely wrong ;)

They're threshers.

CianRyan wrote: »

I think it was some charity event, I seen it on way up but didn't take photo (it was very very slow) took one on way back few days later it was few km farther up the road, more of these "cars" here

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Stick that blue Masserati into the "obnoxious parking" thread :p

phjoto.jpg

Where's the NCPS guy when you need him!!?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Shane732 thanks and you don't know how much i had to toil to get all of this photos... i was in london for 3 days and 3 days was rainy with few hours break. my trouses were wet from 10am to 10pm every day the same with camera, lens jacket and of course shoes. When i'm back to hotel i was chilled. And if anyone of you is going there for spotting - there is no Agera R, no Pagani Cinque, only 2 Xenatec Maybach 57SC ( because owner of this cars (one owner who own also Mulsane) gone yesterday. But in few days there will be Blue Koenigsegg CCXR (it was in london last year) bu ti have to say i'm happy with my spotting, i expect few more cars but there was 20 car which i saw for the very first time on street. Now turn the page up and enjoy photos :)

I can only imagine the amount of time and effort you've put into taking all the pictures you've shown us (and I'm sure you've plenty more that you haven't put up here too). I think every poster on the motors forum is extremely appreciative of the work you've done! Thank you for sharing them with us.

You're pictures are just amazing, the angles you get some of the cars at are brilliant and the quality of every picture is brilliant!

I'm sure someone has already asked you but what camera and lens are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

MCMLXXV wrote: »

They are about 26" (or bigger) and it's a high rider or a "Donk"

dariusmilescar.jpg

Saw a few of them in the states, while I'm not a fan it's pretty cool to see one in the metal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

omg M55, your pics are absolutely brilliant............that Brabus SLR is HORRENDOUS :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

crosstownk wrote: »
    You are completely wrong ;)

They're threshers.

Sorry to be pedantic but wrong too - Steam engines such as this were used for many purposes and preceeded both tractors and generators really. Main uses were belt driving of threshers (separating wheat and chaff) or electric genarators at fairs. Also used commonly in pairs for ploughing. Amazing collections in the UK - Glynns in Carlow (pictured) have some of the best in Ireland. Sorry, one of my hobbies is vintage tractors:o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

dharn wrote: »
    brilliant marcinek, i did not know skoda were making a supercar (the silver one in your photo with the 444 reg) :):) some boot in that one id say !!

That'd be a Lamborghini ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭diegowhite

I will not call car on the photos if anyone of you don't know what car is on photo just feel free to ask : )

is that black veyron the Sang Noir version, or is it a aftermarket modded one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

OSI wrote: »
    That "Range Stormer" is the most hideous thing I have ever seen done to a car. EVER.

... you haven't seen my starlet so ;)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

OSI wrote: »
    That "Range Stormer" is the most hideous thing I have ever seen done to a car. EVER.

So hideous that they build there own version.

Range-Rover-Evoque-1_1_610x407.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

A Citroen C5 Serie Noire

hs2erp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

diegowhite wrote: »
    is that black veyron the Sang Noir version, or is it a aftermarket modded one?

Its a super sport

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

Shane732 Thank you one more time :D The car spotting is my hobby and i'm not professional photographer so this what you said is nice to me :)

I'm using only Sony alpha 350 with standard lens but i think is enough for now

diegowhite Black Veyron is a SuperSport - the strongest version of Veyrons it has 1200HP instead of 1001HP and it's faster.

There was 4 Veyrons in London (I mean i saw 4):

- Veyron SuperSport
    - Veyron GrandSport (the white one is convertible one but there was no chance to take the roof out - welcome in england with english weather)
    - 2x "normal" Veyron (red one and white-chrome which was driving with bodyguards in Panamera Hamann Guardian)
    - there was also another GrandSport but it was in some showroom too far for me to go

What about SLS Fab Design: in my opinion that car would be look brilliant if we will take of that back spoiler. I was thinking i won't be like this car but when i saw it for the first time it was nice. And i saw the owner of white one and he was about 20 years old. When i saw how he was closing the boot i knew he is an "idiot".

Range Stormer - i didn't know the car like that is exist - i saw it on my last day when i saw Panamera Hamann for the 1st time, they were parked together.

For me the best cars were Koenigsegg Agera R and Pagani Zonda Cinque (only 5 ever made - this was number 5) because they were parked together so i could take nice photos (combos) but the best photos are the photos of chrome Brabus SLR, i took them after heavy rain when was some sun for 2 minutes.

Blue 599 has also 1000HP.

And at the end of my post something about Bristol... this was a big luck i saw it. I was walking around London with my friend and we saw something orange in garage. I didn't know what car is that. He told me is a Bristol and it's very rare car (few other spotters were jealous we saw that and we didn't told where was that because we didn't know where we were). And we can't see whole car on the photo but I still like photo of it. That car is fit into garage in opposite what bijapos said. My friend told me that on the next day car was hide into garage so it has to fit there. And this is why I feel lucky - I spot the moment when the garage was half open.

If you want to see some more photos just let me know but i think i have only potos of this cars which I posted. I have few more photos of Lamborhinis, Aston Martins, Ferraris and Porsches rest is on the photo on last page.

Sorry for post with no photos. :)

• Advertisement

Blue 599 has also 1000HP.

And at the end of my post something about Bristol... .

Marc, that Bristol is a Fighter, but I'm positive its the Fighter T of which only a handful were made. I think it was their promotion/launch car a few years back but I could well wrong. If so its got a claimed 1012bhpfrom a twin turbo Viper engine, there is a bit more on it here.

I think thats the second time you put up a photo of a Zonda Cinque, I think you got one in Monaco too, so thats 40% of the worlds supply of Zonda Cinques that you've photographed. Nice going. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement