Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

still less than 6 months old though

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

still less than 6 months old though

Either or AFAIK

no, both. Car could be 5 years old and only have 1000 miles and the vat is still applicable. Unfortunately.:(

no, both. Car could be 5 years old and only have 1000 miles and the vat is still applicable. Unfortunately.:(
    VAT
    If you are importing a new car from another EU country you have to pay VAT (Value Added Tax), usually when registering the car. A new car means a car that has been in service for 6 months or less, or has been driven for 6,000 kilometres or less. The VAT is payable even where you have paid VAT in the other country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

CyberGhost wrote: »
    Is that an RS4 or an S4? I like the alloys.
    To be honest I couldn't figure what it was, might have been custom tuned because there was something in audi-style badge on the back (not s4, rs4, a4 etc) and it was *very* fast.
    Then again it could have been a tarted up 1.9tdi :D

• Advertisement

I stand corrected!!:o
    Has that changed recently? Garage I used to work for just did imports and worked on the basis of 6k and 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Great spot with the Scud Gatster!

Has that changed recently? Garage I used to work for just did imports and worked on the basis of 6k and 6 months

I don't think so, I always knew it as that. Well I thought I did, was getting worried there:P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,661 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

That white Type R looks like a giant shoe...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

cianclarke wrote: »
    To be honest I couldn't figure what it was, might have been custom tuned because there was something in audi-style badge on the back (not s4, rs4, a4 etc) and it was *very* fast.

I would imagine its an MTM tuned one,maybe even the MTM clubsport RS4,if so you are a lucky man. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Gatster wrote: »
    f430S.jpg
    Nice enough chap in it, acknowledged my gawping with a knowing nod.

have a picture of that on my phone ( front and back )

some set of alloys on it eh ?? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Thought I had the ultimate spot yesterday morning on the M50, and I couldn't get a pic, was a Merc S550 Brabus, done Cartell on it and this came up:

Registration 08D550xx
    Make MERCEDES BENZ
    Model S SERIES
    Description S320 CDI LWB 04DR A
    Fuel Type DIESEL
    Why oh why! Brabus badges and all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    Thought I had the ultimate spot yesterday morning on the M50, and I couldn't get a pic, was a Merc S550 Brabus, done Cartell on it and this came up:

Registration 08D550xx
    Make MERCEDES BENZ
    Model S SERIES
    Fuel Type DIESEL

Shameful

• Registered Users Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭fletch

cianclarke wrote: »
    Looks very high for an RS4??? Especially an MTM tuned one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Registration 08D550xx
    Make MERCEDES BENZ
    Model S SERIES
    Fuel Type DIESEL
    What colour was it?

I know it's a little disappointing knowing that that brabus was a diesel. Brabus do provide all their tuning and exterior mods through out most of the Merc range, which includes the D320.

I'm sure the one I've seen before was also a diesel, would surprise me more if it was petrol.

fletch wrote: »
    Looks very high for an RS4??? Especially an MTM tuned one?

You are right,when i posted that last night i couldn't see the pic,and i barely glanced at it first time around.It is an S4.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Registration 08D550xx
    Make MERCEDES BENZ
    Model S SERIES
    Fuel Type DIESEL

Prob because Brabus do a diesel version?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

it hasn't changed, you were right, Limerick Man is wrong. As he posted a car is considered new if it is either less than 6 months old or less than 6000kms.
    A new car means a car that has been in service for 6 months or less, or has been driven for 6,000 kilometres or less

Therefore you have to pay VAT if either is true. To not pay the VAT it has to be greater than 6 months old AND have done more than 6000kms.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

There's an S65 AMG parked down the road from me for the last few weeks but I still can't bring myself to stop my own car and take a picture of it. :o

Drilled and grooved discs all round and AMG calipers so I guess it's the real deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭EI321

Registration 08D550xx
    Make MERCEDES BENZ
    Model S SERIES
    Fuel Type DIESEL

Brabus speced cars can vary a lot, from simple bodykits to full engine rebuilds. And they do loads of diesels now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭EI321

bigkev49 wrote: »
    There's an S65 AMG parked down the road from me for the last few weeks but I still can't bring myself to stop my own car and take a picture of it. :o

Drilled and grooved discs all round and AMG calipers so I guess it's the real deal.

The tax disc in the windscreen will tell all........

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

bigkev49 wrote: »

Amazing that anyone in this country has any of the 65 AMGs, S, SL or CL....+350,000k for a Merc!!! You could get a Scuderia for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

Gatster wrote: »
    f430S.jpg
    Nice enough chap in it, acknowledged my gawping with a knowing nod.

love it, just wouldnt get the gold wheels on my one

bigkev49 im sure i saw pics of an S65 like that on this thread, was it silver?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

tdc wrote: »
    love it, just wouldnt get the gold wheels on my one

Thats the John Player Special Colours - it has the strips etc -Very nicely done.

1314157874_9962b91dac.jpg

Also the blue Audi is a DTM S4 - Pretty tasty!

copacetic wrote: »
    it hasn't changed, you were right, Limerick Man is wrong. As he posted a car is considered new if it is either less than 6 months old or less than 6000kms.

Therefore you have to pay VAT if either is true. To not pay the VAT it has to be greater than 6 months old AND have done more than 6000kms.

That's what I was thinking!!!

That's what I was thinking!!!

My bad... So confused...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

EI321 wrote: »
    Brabus speced cars can vary a lot, from simple bodykits to full engine rebuilds. And they do loads of diesels now.
    But the Reg was 08 D 55000. Can only assume they paid for that Reg but for a 320? Just thought it was odd

EDIT: Done a bit of Googlein just there and this is the one, http://www.autonet.ie/car/967987/Mercedes_S_Class_Brabus_Diesel

Never knew there was a Brabus diesel!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

UhOh wrote: »
    Amazing that anyone in this country has any of the 65 AMGs, S, SL or CL....+350,000k for a Merc!!! You could get a Scuderia for that
    EI321 wrote: »
    The tax disc in the windscreen will tell all........
    tdc wrote: »

bigkev49 im sure i saw pics of an S65 like that on this thread, was it silver?

No, it's badass black.

I'll go for a walk later and have a proper look. Looks the business though.

Also the blue Audi is a DTM S4 - Pretty tasty!

It has DTM wheels but no the mirrors so i'm not sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

But the Reg was 08 D 55000. Can only assume they paid for that Reg but for a 320? Just thought it was odd

EDIT: Done a bit of Googlein just there and this is the one, http://www.autonet.ie/car/967987/Mercedes_S_Class_Brabus_Diesel

Never knew there was a Brabus diesel!

I know that car its absolutely beautiful.

In relation to the reg, Des Cullen like most of their cars to have the 000's reg.

Or you see a lot of them ended in 500.

Just what they like to do I guess for the prestige motors.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement