Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

mcauley wrote: »
    Thats another (or possibly the same one) with a Lorinser Body kit. It was discussed a bit a while back (to lazy to search right now...)

Bit gaudy if you ask me, doing that to what it already a very menacing looking machine!

Is it a 'real' 63?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Awesome 911 but that reg has to go. The font is just pure gack. Is that blue tint an indication of a material in the plate that reflects the shine on speed cameras so it won't get snapped?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

qz wrote: »
    Is that blue tint an indication of a material in the plate that reflects the shine on speed cameras so it won't get snapped?
    No, it's the protective film that keeps the plate surface unmarked while it's being made up; it's supposed to be peeled off before the plate is fitted.

Is it a 'real' 63?

If it's the one posted before in this thread I don't think it is, just a 350/500 tarted up. Can we some pics of your beast please :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Bearcat wrote: »
    that type of reg just p@sses off the cops

If that pi$$es of the cops, then they ain't gonna like 07 LH Q7! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

vinruane wrote: »
    Just spotted a 2CV van going through college, was gone by the time phone was out. If I see it around again I'll get photos. Hilarious!
    ya that 2cv always around college...looks like its about to flip when he goes round the ruondabout

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

delly wrote: »
    Nice to get a 911 reg and all, but the way its printed is a joke, really hard to read.

I think that's the point.....

• Registered Users Posts: 25 DiamondC

Unflattering light blue....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

DiamondC wrote: »

BOOB... I hope he/she didnt pay for that :P

That's Silverstone II, silver with a tint of blue in the right light, great colour imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

unflattering arse in any colour :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    BOOB... I hope he/she didnt pay for that :P

Lol! I thought the very same... Funny that.

I saw one of these forsale recently in that colour with an Alpine kit and IMO it looked very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I'd say when the owner presses the loud pedal, the last thing they are thinking of is the colour.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Parked (illegally:D) in on Patrick Street Satuday mornin. Awesome sound...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

EPM wrote: »
    Parked (illegally:D) in on Patrick Street Satuday mornin. Awesome sound...

Sweet, shame about the wheels not matching... Id say he was doing rings!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Are they not matching, or is he missing a spinner from the front?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Anan1 wrote: »
    Are they not matching, or is he missing a spinner from the front?

I think you are right. There is a beautiful silver one of these in Rochestown (Cork), you'll see it out & about soon I reckon as the weather is nearly bearable enough to drive with roof down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Wheels were matching alright. the fronts missing a spinner. She was no show winner to be honest (ding on passenger door) but I'd never actually seen one in the flesh. I reckon a replica (not very up on them tbh). Had a push button start

Taxis weren't doing a better job at the parking anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

A few bits and pieces taken at the Nurburgring, Germany - some amazing exotics there, along with regular stuff modified for racing. 911's are more common there than any other car...

n636908373_1422137_2228161.jpg

n636908373_1422139_2219245.jpg

n636908373_1422141_4522187.jpg

n636908373_1422146_3222492.jpg

n636908373_1422145_4538865.jpg

n636908373_1422149_790242.jpg

n636908373_1422148_703157.jpg

n636908373_1422153_6895640.jpg

n636908373_1422155_4710271.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

cianclarke wrote: »
    A few bits and pieces taken at the Nurburgring, Germany - some amazing exotics there, along with regular stuff modified for racing. 911's are more common there than any other car...

Any pics of your whip? Did you do the ring?

Swizz wrote: »
    Any pics of your whip? Did you do the ring?
    Four laps in a BMW 1 series.

Absolutely incredible fun...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Absolutely incredible fun...

nice pics above - did you rent the 1 series there? if so what company?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Many German insurance companies have a clause that specifically precludes taking their cars on the Ring - I presume yours didn't?

Anan1 wrote: »
    Many German insurance companies have a clause that specifically precludes taking their cars on the Ring - I presume yours didn't?
    Nothing in the rental agreement anyway, so nothing I signed off on. Can't vouch 100%..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Nothing in the rental agreement anyway, so nothing I signed off on. Can't vouch 100%..

In that case i wouldnt be saying the name of thr company...

Assuming your name is Cian Clarke (as per your username) and seeing as the reg is in the photo they could see you were on the ring with the car...

It would be a lucky spot for them but watch out cos saying stuff online can bite you in the ass. TRUST ME its happened me and iv learned!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Those photos bring back some good memories from last summer Cian,thanks alot!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭MarkN

It can look silver in some light but it's very much a light blue and it's an M car exclusive colour so it's nice to know it's the one thing your E92 320i driver can't buy - or 6 series as above.

Hogzy wrote: »
    In that case i wouldnt be saying the name of thr company...

Assuming your name is Cian Clarke (as per your username) and seeing as the reg is in the photo they could see you were on the ring with the car...

It would be a lucky spot for them but watch out cos saying stuff online can bite you in the ass. TRUST ME its happened me and iv learned!!!
    I haven't and won't be mentioning the name. I was a little worried about having the reg, now moreso. *removes*
    If people want details about companies/the ring in general feel free to PM. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭fletch

Might want to ask TheBazman to unquote your picture too....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement