Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Tauren wrote: »
    It isn't a 350z, it is a GTR, and a beast of a car :)

I know what a GTR is but never seen one, ta!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Sarunas

dsc00444ry7.th.jpg

Ford Mustang. Think it was English reg. In Killarney 2 weekends ago.

dsc00481wp0.th.jpg
    Maserati Quattroporte few days ago at M50

Doesn't Bono own a dark grey/black quattroporte? Saw a silver quattroporte at grand canal and a blue one on baggot st. Saw a maybach on baggot st also-foul looking thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Dirty Knuckles

An Audi Q7 TAXI :eek:

He must be a busy cabbie to pay off that thing!.

attachment.php?attachmentid=60361&stc=1&d=1217283528

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Looks like Eagle F1s on it. Posh rubber too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

An Audi Q7 TAXI :eek:

He must be a busy cabbie to pay off that thing!.

attachment.php?attachmentid=60361&stc=1&d=1217283528

I got a call about this the other day, sold his S320 also bought a house in a plush area of D4 and a brand spanking new Q7, who says driving a taxi doesn't pay. Does he have a stepladder to get into the thing I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

the person is either very wealthy or very stupid. Being very wealthy why in gods name does one want to be a cabbie with respect? second if his sources of income are genuine he has nothing to worry about but he is sticking out like a sore finger and is waiting for a revenue audit by some jealous civil servant. Thats my reading of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

nialler wrote: »
    I got a call about this the other day, sold his S320 also bought a house in a plush area of D4 and a brand spanking new Q7, who says driving a taxi doesn't pay. Does he have a stepladder to get into the thing I wonder?

What kind of work do you do to 'get a call' about someone's private business ventures!? I dare say your in breach of a work rule to be preaching about it here anyway :D

Bearcat wrote: »
    the person is either very wealthy or very stupid. Being very wealthy why in gods name does one want to be a cabbie with respect? second if his sources of income are genuine he has nothing to worry about but he is sticking out like a sore finger and is waiting for a revenue audit by some jealous civil servant. Thats my reading of it.

Not meaning to rant again but.... wtf is this about? you're presuming the man is not legitimate, and moreso that for some reason he does'nt deserve respect/he probbably does'nt give a s*** what the likes of you think anyway!

there are those in Ireland that are just good with money you know not everyone is a tax dodger as you suggest. PS he is obviously asset rich enough and I doubt he is stupid, the amount of begrudging on here is mental at times. He does'nt deserve a nice house and car because he is 'just' a cabbie?? - such garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

This is nearly as bad as the TD who wanted a tax audit done on the people who bought a Maybacher when they came out here first. He reckoned they must be fiddling their finances to pay for the car! :mad:

He might be doing a Michael O'Leary and buying a plate to dodge rush hour traffic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,971 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

He may simply like driving taxis and is affluent enough to do it in an expensive vehicle. Many older taxi drivers had previous successful careers and like to drive a taxi as a more relaxed career in later life. I know a successful company director who retired very comfortably when 50. He now works as a hotel porter and loves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭bwardrop

He may simply like driving taxis and is affluent enough to do it in an expensive vehicle. Many older taxi drivers had previous successful careers and like to drive a taxi as a more relaxed career in later life. I know a successful company director who retired very comfortably when 50. He now works as a hotel porter and loves it.

Was just about to say something similar - I know a guy who was a very successful solicitor, retired early, got bored and took a job collecting trolleys in Superquinn & loves it - don't be so quick to judge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

i knew I'd ruffle a few feathers on this one.....I just cant get my head around buying a 90k beautiful car and have the masses sitting in it.....wait till some one p@sses in the back seat...it'll break his heart. Just my opinion lads...no harm or vendictive meant. I wish the man well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

back to the car pics now, please ...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

i knew I'd ruffle a few feathers on this one.....I just cant get my head around buying a 90k beautiful car and have the masses sitting in it.....wait till some one p@sses in the back seat...it'll break his heart. Just my opinion lads...no harm or vendictive meant. I wish the man well.

Beautiful??????
    Each to their own i suppose.

Beautiful??????
    Each to their own i suppose.

Q7 is nasty.

Lamborghini Gallardo spyder outside orwell motors earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

LolaDub wrote: »
    Q7 is nasty.

Thats more like it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

LolaDub wrote: »
    Q7 is nasty.

pics?

What kind of work do you do to 'get a call' about someone's private business ventures!? I dare say your in breach of a work rule to be preaching about it here anyway :D

Who said it was a work related call? I stated "I got a call about this the other day, in fact it was a text about the cost of a Q7 from a mate" you made your own assumptions there so a little less preaching when assuming something that in fact proves to be untrue.

And those people who work in "The Trade aka Taximen" do like to talk about their job and whoever else is doing that job. Fair play to the bloke, wouldn't be my type of car for cabbing, I mean you'd have to drag little old ladies up into that one, as for the house, he only moved about 300 metres down the road.

Didn't see anything special today, stuck in a office for the next 3 days so not driving around.

Oh and I'm assuming it was the same person I got the text/call about, I could in fact be wrong, but I haven't seen many Q7s as taxis.

Who said it was a work related call? I stated "I got a call about this the other day, in fact it was a text about the cost of a Q7 from a mate" you made your own assumptions there so a little less preaching when assuming something that in fact proves to be untrue.

And those people who work in "The Trade aka Taximen" do like to talk about their job and whoever else is doing that job. Fair play to the bloke, wouldn't be my type of car for cabbing, I mean you'd have to drag little old ladies up into that one, as for the house, he only moved about 300 metres down the road.

Didn't see anything special today, stuck in a office for the next 3 days so not driving around.

Oh and I'm assuming it was the same person I got the text/call about, I could in fact be wrong, but I haven't seen many Q7s as taxis.

the way you phrased it looked as if you came across the info from a work scenario particularily where you followed it up talking about his recent house purchase aswell. It was a reasonable enough presumption tbh, I dont think you should be spreading someones business on here at all regardless of how you got the info (which is still a mystery) thte thread is about cars not what else someone may have bought house horse or otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 wesanna

steve06 wrote: »
    on Irish plates?

I didn't see the reg but I kno for a fact it was a f50 cause I'm a car fanatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Gutted I didn't get a photo, but I was in heavy motorway traffic near Cambridge at the weekend and passed a woman driving a Bentley Continental GT with a "Baby on Board" sign in the back window! :D

invest4deepvalue.com

the way you phrased it looked as if you came across the info from a work scenario particularily where you followed it up talking about his recent house purchase aswell. It was a reasonable enough presumption tbh, I dont think you should be spreading someones business on here at all regardless of how you got the info (which is still a mystery) thte thread is about cars not what else someone may have bought house horse or otherwise.

yearbook, I'm not here to argue and the great mystery was solved in the second paragraph of my second post on the subject (Taximen gossip especially local ones). And the very nature of pics of cars and who owns them gets discussed on this thread and in PMs everyday, I myself was asked for unretouched (reg visible) pictures of an SLR and location I took the photo a good while back (which of course I didn't supply). A bit of background without revealing identity doesn't hurt anyone. And that's all I'll reveal on the matter.

As I said it looks like the guy is doing well, fair play. And at €72.00 tax he's shrewder than a fair few people with large engined vehicles.

yearbook, I'm not here to argue and the great mystery was solved in the second paragraph of my second post on the subject (Taximen gossip especially local ones). And the very nature of pics of cars and who owns them gets discussed on this thread and in PMs everyday, I myself was asked for unretouched (reg visible) pictures of an SLR and location I took the photo a good while back (which of course I didn't supply). A bit of background without revealing identity doesn't hurt anyone. And that's all I'll reveal on the matter.

As I said it looks like the guy is doing well, fair play. And at €72.00 tax he's shrewder than a fair few people with large engined vehicles.

Leaving the SLR request thing aside - a pic of a car and location is entirely different anyway. Registrations are freely available info.

Point is you think its a good idea to post about someone not alone buying a car but also a house? Why bother defending that its blatantly off topic and the man has his privacy to consider, he told you himself fair enough that is not permission for you to broadcast the info here. Its ironic you call taxi drivers gossips then you go on-line and post that.

Post pics of cars/regs/location - other info should be kept off line - the fact your defending this says alot really you should have just edited the post, I think it still should be. (sorry for going off topic but this just is'nt on at all.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

I saw a taxi yesterday too, didn't take a photo though.

Saw this AMG65 this week and did manage a few dodgy snaps.

1BD3FA32B73E44098F6A5CA1D1E0AA5C-800.jpg

1CB8E083469249D78E52A6C68468F2B2-800.jpg

25FCC53A0AAD45959F505012A17AC351-800.jpg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Nialler & dumbyearbook - stay on topic!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

Notice its parked in the 'Vehicle Handover Bay'. . .

I wouldn't mind being the person it was being handed over to! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

mcauley wrote: »
    Notice its parked in the 'Vehicle Handover Bay'. . .

I wouldn't mind being the person it was being handed over to! :D

I asked them to hand it over to me for an hour or so but they wouldn't.....

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

Burnt out last Friday night in Maynooth area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

^ Scumbags ^ :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement