Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Also saw a Chevrolet Equinox and a Chevrolet SSR in Airside Motor Park .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Speaking of 'turcks'
    Check out this one in parkwest autopoint:

http://tinyurl.com/eyz6r

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭alias no.9

prospect wrote:
    Speaking of 'turcks'
    Check out this one in parkwest autopoint:

http://tinyurl.com/eyz6r

€62,500 for a second hand truck truck that retails new for something around the $35,000 mark or less than €30,000 in the US is just insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Was behind this today while coming back from those a$$holes Joe Duffy's in Finglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Praetorian wrote:
    Was behind this today while coming back from those a$$holes Joe Duffy's in Finglas.

If thats the new quattroporte, I saw it in castleknock yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Praetorian wrote:

Are you driving a scooby?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭hawkmoon269

Saw a cream coloured Quattroporte on Leeson street yesterday.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Saw a cream coloured Quattroporte on Leeson street yesterday.

Ther are quite a few of them knocking around .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

Praetorian wrote:

not a Quattroporte but is a 3200 GT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Kersh

Ferrari 328, 86 D,
    On the M50 half hour ago. Went out Lucan direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Kersh wrote:
    Ferrari 328, 86 D,
    On the M50 half hour ago. Went out Lucan direction.

is that red with a male of about 30-40 driving it? i see that on the N4 every now and then. strange sighting was that and a 98 355 Berlinetta side by side at a red light at the newcastle crossroads - not something you would see every day :eek:

prospect wrote:
    Are you driving a scooby?

looks like the distinctive vent on the WRX model

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I saw er an Audi A3 but before you say "so what?" It was a 3.2 Quattro!

What the hell is the point of sticking a 3.2 in an A3? Talk about overkill. The owner must have a small willy.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

mike65 wrote:

What the hell is the point of sticking a 3.2 in an A3? Talk about overkill. The owner must have a small willy.

Mike.
    Does that not make it an S3? Serious bragging to be done with that thou

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

Why do so many people equate having a nice car (especially BMWs) to the owner compensating for the fact that they have a small willy? is it just jealosy or whats the story?, like you feel you have to have one up on them so you imagine they have a small pecker? i just dont get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

sentenel wrote:
    vin:1b7mc33631j283449

cheers
    joe

that works; check here;

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

Seen something similar here, but as a VW, 32RS or RS32 I think it was called. Sounds like it could be fun on a track. About $32K, no idea what the Audi eq is.
    Strange/complex rear diff on them as far as I can determine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

guys seen a hummer h1 today in donnybrook,

also seen the new 4 door maserati,donot know what there called.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,147 ✭✭✭✭unkel

drdre wrote:
    also seen the new 4 door maserati,donot know what there called.:D

Aren't they called 4 door (quattroporte)? ;)

Here's what I saw; An old Kerry plate; well not quiet, but the characters thereof.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭babypink

saw this new M5 yesterday, also one of the new Bentley Flying Spur's but dont have a pic for that.

Both on St. Stephens Green

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Saw Colin Farrell in his Porsche Boxster S and a new M5. Silver. Lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

ubu wrote:
    Why do so many people equate having a nice car (especially BMWs) to the owner compensating for the fact that they have a small willy? is it just jealosy or whats the story?, like you feel you have to have one up on them so you imagine they have a small pecker? i just dont get it.

I was'nt being too serious! (I drive a Merc), what intrigues me is the idea of spending 50k money on a smallish car with huge engine when you could waft about in a perfectly fine 2.4 A6 for the same money.

Mike.

AMurphy wrote:
    Seen something similar here, but as a VW, 32RS or RS32 I think it was called. Sounds like it could be fun on a track. About $32K, no idea what the Audi eq is.
    Strange/complex rear diff on them as far as I can determine.

ah that'll be the R32 Golf MK iv

here ye go :)

golf%20r32.jpeg.jpg

mike65 wrote:
    I was'nt being too serious! (I drive a Merc), what intrigues me is the idea of spending 50k money on a smallish car with huge engine when you could waft about in a perfectly fine 2.4 A6 for the same money.

Mike.

different people, different needs, different tastes I suppose.

I'd personally prefer to spend (if I had it!) the €50K on a fully loaded S3 than on a more 'tame' lesser spec bigger car. Whereas I know for a fact, one of my brothers who is very close in age to me would prefer the lesser spec bigger car!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I forgot to mention that the Maserati was a 00D. I took a picture because I thought it was pretty unique (I'd never seen one before). I also didn't mention that the front of it was dead ugly.

Yes I drive a scooby to the guy who asked. ;)

ciarsd wrote:
    ah that'll be the R32 Golf MK iv

here ye go :)

That's it, Thanks. However the one I saw here did not look quiet so "glitzy", looked more or less like an ordinary car or GTi. What the damage €€ ROI side for that item?.

AMurphy wrote:
    That's it, Thanks. However the one I saw here did not look quiet so "glitzy", looked more or less like an ordinary car or GTi. What the damage €€ ROI side for that item?.

hmm strange...the pic above is a 'standard' (if you can call it that!) R32 with OE bumpers, skirts and R32 OE alloy wheels. It packed the 4WD system - 4 motion, with 240BHP approx at hand.

As for price, they were not available to us mere mortal in Ireland, the uk had 'em alright - at a guess they would've cost between €45-50K if imported new into ireland.

~$60K USD, just about what I expected.

I'm somewhat familiar with the mechanics of the car, having read the repair manual, althought the US spec engine IS probably different from the EU version.

While we are on the subject;
    I saw a couple of Cosworth prepared Fords on display last week.
    Focus and Mustangs. What Cosworth built vehicles are available for street use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Citywest must be a great spot for spotting nice cars.
    Was there yesterday, few rangerovers (incl new sport one and 1 with big wheels), a 7series bmw with 21inch alpina wheels (hardly a B7?) massive them wheels, old model M5 (dutch) and later that day a brand new M5 :D later that day i seen a young enough looking lad drive of with prob his mother he floored it like you should floor an M5 (nice sound) and there was a bentley there and the guys run about rolls royce.
    Good day spotting :D
    Sorry for bad pics, blame the phone

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement