Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Volcano

Looked it up on google:

"Elise 111R weighs in at 860kg giving a power to weight ratio of 220hp/tonne. With a VVTL-i engine (Variable Valve Timing and Lift-Intelligent) producing a maximum power output of 189hp and 133.5 lbs.ft of torque, the Elise 111R sprints to 60mph in 4.9 seconds and 100mph in 13.0 seconds before reaching a certified top speed of 150mph."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Squirrel wrote:
    Yesterday I saw 2 Citroen DS', 1 parked on the Dodder Road, and another parked near Irishtown Stadium
    Any pics? What colours?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Any pics? What colours?

Didn't have the camera in the car, I was on my way out to a race, unfortunately, one was slightly off white, I thought it was white from a distance but when I was close to it it was just off, and the other was a dark blue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

drdre wrote:
    the lotus is kind of normal nowdays as there is a dealer in dublin now. but theres not many around:D

Still only ten 05's so far this year. See one most days coming out of MDL on the Naas Road. Same colour as the car above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Careful now
    p10100012pf.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Saw an Escalade EXT parked at the shops there about twenty minutes ago. Nicky Byrne's I think.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Saw an Escalade EXT parked at the shops there about twenty minutes ago. Nicky Byrne's I think.

If it had a northern Reg HXi
    , thats the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Fabritzo wrote:
    Careful now
    p10100012pf.jpg
    "Head your speed?" WTF does that mean! Sureley they mean "Heed your speed"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

sharkman wrote:
    If it had a northern Reg HXi
    , thats the one.
    It was definitely him or Bertie's daughter alright. See them around a bit. Big ass chromes on it as well. P.I.M.P.'d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

AMurphy wrote:
    Not too many Lotii about here, juse seen one in the recent past.

Well, well, well, no sooner had the ink dried than I came across one on the way home. Yellow Elise, roof down. However the plates on it didn't make much sense to me, "JOES 111"

• Advertisement

AMurphy wrote:
    Well, well, well, no sooner had the ink dried than I came across one on the way home. Yellow Elise, roof down. However the plates on it didn't make much sense to me, "JOES 111"
    An Elise 111 belonging to Joe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

A Elise now belonging to Joes's ex-wife

Joe's ill ---- Joe is sick, the wife has the lotus :D

Makes perfect sense now. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I saw the "vehicle" below and had to take a pic. It looks daft on our roads.

Mike.

Diesel or petrol? Std or large cab?.
    bit on the big side, even for here. but still no wider than your average Ready-Mix truck.
    however, given the vagaries of Irish roads, I'd see the protruding wheels as a safety issue at night, even though they do have side market lights fitted.

Great for towing however, especially when fitted with the KingPin hitch in the bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its a diesel and I think only a 2.5ltr which seems pretty small. I'll have another look soonest! :)

Mike.

I cannot imagine you'd get that thing to move with a 2.5L engine.
    Std engines for those are 5 to 7L, Inline 6, TDI

http://www-5.dodge.com/vehsuite/VehicleCompare.jsp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

mike65 wrote:
    Its a diesel and I think only a 2.5ltr which seems pretty small. I'll have another look soonest! :)

Mike.
    Thats to power the AC unit dude, Dodge might put a 2.5 Ltr engine in a moped if they built them but IN A TRUCK??? Heck buddy you gotta be plum crazy wit dat dar yabberjawin!!!
    It looks daft on our roads.
    I'd say our roads look daft under it !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

yeah shagman thats a good comment.even the hummers around dublin look cool thank god the dublin is changing eg new cars and jeeps coming to ireland.

While you are at it, get the road tax info.

Meanwhile you could try sell him/her this;

MSD Digital Propane Injection.
    May increase the MPG.

• Advertisement

While on a recent visit to the US, my friend gave me a drive in his Dodge RAM pickup - one with 4 doors & rear seats. The car is huge - you are eye-level with the top of the bonnet. It had the 5.7l V8 with about 350hp and a tidal wave of torque. I was earnestly informed that it was a "Hemi", and indeed that was proudly emblazoned across the rocker cover. I pointed out that my 4 cylinder Citroën was also a hemi, but that did little to curb his enthusiasm.

I don't think I've ever driven a more disappointing car. The car has leaf springs. Leaf springs, for god's sake. Last seen on 60s Rovers in Europe. You can feel every little bump on the road and the car simply hated corners. It's sheer size made it laughable in town (even a US town) and it was dreadful inside. Kick-down acceleration is impressive, thereafter a bit flacid. The slushmatic auto is jerky and slow.

In fairness it only cost $28000 on a 5 year 0% finance deal ($100 down!). This is around the price of a well specified Škoda, so you get a lot of metal and horsepower for your money, but what a dreadful chunk of metal it is.

Shagman & Dr.Dre - I would be delighted if our roads were never worthy of this crap - in the car world, big is rarely beautiful. The trend in the US and UK seems to be away from SUVs, so we have the opportunity to skip the whole debacle. Instead though we stand beneath the solar eclipse that is the Hummer/Explorer/Ram and breathlessly gasp "cooool" like 12 year old valley girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sentenel

Hi Gents,
    I drive one of these rams as a daily driver its a Ram 3500 5.9lt Diesel ext cab with the long bed (8ft)Comercial tax and insurance and its awesome to drive even around dublin .Dodge only do a 5.9lt in the diesel Ram as far as I know.The smallest engine they do is a 3.9lt petrol V6 but not in a 3500 Ram.

Ram.jpg

Ps she's for sale if anyones interested

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

TVR TUSCAN ! ! !

Seen a Green/Blue-ish (Flip) one on the road to...i dont actually know the road tbh....one between Navan and going to the Air Port...

First time i've seen one been driven :D

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: <--- Clicky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

sentenel wrote:
    Ram.jpg

i was parked (dwarfed) next to one of these Ram's on the walkinstown roundabout last week - holy god they're big.... funnily enough far bigger looking than in their natural surroundings (the states)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

jozi wrote:
    Seen a Green/Blue-ish (Flip) one on the road to...i dont actually know the road tbh....one between Navan and going to the Air Port...

First time i've seen one been driven :D

that car is in terrible condition up close. my friend had a close look and test drive last year when he was changing cars.

ive seen it myself in mondello at the trackdays a couple of times..shame :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Saw a Bentley Continental Flying Spur in Galway last week. Ha ha!

I don't think I've ever driven a more disappointing car. The car has leaf springs. Leaf springs, for god's sake. Last seen on 60s Rovers in Europe. You can feel every little bump on the road and the car simply hated corners. It's sheer size made it laughable in town (even a US town) and it was dreadful inside. Kick-down acceleration is impressive, thereafter a bit flacid. The slushmatic auto is jerky and slow.

CAR, u been out in the sun too long, it's a TRUCK, first, last and inbetween. Any truck, from the littlest Toyota/Nissan to a 30' flatbed from Volvo hate an empty bed and a bumpy/potholed road. Put a few bags of wet sand in the back and they are fine.
    So are Suburbans, Humvees (H2/3, Expeditons, Tundras and whatever Nissan is sticking the V8 into. Unfortunately I cannot say a Jeep or a MB SUV handles any better and they have coil. of the bunch, I was most dissappointed with the MB, (I have no great expectations of Jeep and Ford) as it was touted as the cream of the crop, ..... may as well have been a leaf spring farmers LR from the 50's.
    But if Big, Brutal, American and Independant Coil spring suspensions are your cup of tea, there is always the "Original of the Species" the Hummer H1, IS on all 4 corners. I passed a convoy of them a while back.... lucky they had their lights on as they were all heavily comaflaged, wouldn't have noticed them otherwise.
    I guess you have to have about 3 tons of a trailer behind one of these things to really test their performance. You get into that state, "what trailer"?, cause it makes little or no difference, unless you want to stop in a hurry. As I discovered one day while pulling a generator. The wheels locked and the gen pushed me along quiet happily.
    Actually these things are best simply pulling, not so much having the hold the load up and pull. So a tandem axle tipping trailer is great behind them, or a "5th wheel"

As for "Hemi", you know marketing, new& improved Coke vs Classic Coke kind of story.

SENTENAL, where is that truck located, ROI or elsewhere. What year?. VIN?
    And do you have the tamdem power steering and ABS hydraulic pump fitted to the engine block?

AMurphy wrote:
    CAR, u been out in the sun too long, it's a TRUCK, first, last and inbetween.
    We don't use the word Truck over here. It's a lorry :)

Seriously, these 4 door "trucks" are firmly aimed as replacements for the family car, with some hauling capacity. Hence my use of the word car.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sentenel

Amurphy is correct a pickup truck ;) without weight on the back is a bit light but if you want a drive like a car get a car and my ram wasn't a replacement for a car it was as a pickup 4doors and all ;) . My pickup is in Ireland in Laois it has powersteering vin:1b7mc33631j283449 I brought her over from Houston the begining of this year.Changing her as I've bought a 2001 Ram 1500 5.9lt V8 extcab on its way as we speak :o

cheers
    joe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Saw a Ferrari 575 Maranello on the M1 near Dublin Airport yesterday . He dissareared northbound before I could snap him .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement