Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭whicawha

Different wheels on both them cars. You sure their the same car? Could be a different one as its been a good few months since the one your on about was wrecked but the second pic you posted had the same wheels so..........

On a different note I have seen a black GT2 floating around Letterkenny every now and then with a D reg. Seen that machine about before?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

As AJ! mentioned - I have also seen that Porsche around too - Have a few pics my self too Registration - 122 ... Looks sweet.

Hj

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭el diablo

AJ! wrote:
    That was the 911 GT2 that was totalled a few months ago. You're right - the car did hit a tree. The driver had to be cut out - it wasn't the owner behind the wheel...

I've seen the GT2 a few times and there are several pictures on the thread.

I first saw it last February. It was English registered PN52 YVW

I saw it in August and it was Irish registered 02 D 122

911gt2026orpm8.jpg

911gt2032tayn9.jpg

The owner got the GT3 wheels less than a week before the accident...

0611011536sl2.jpg
    so how do you know they're the same car? as whicawha mentioned, they've got different wheels...:)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

AJ! wrote:

^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭AJ!

el diablo wrote:
    so how do you know they're the same car? as whicawha mentioned, they've got different wheels...:)
    My cousin put the GT3 wheels on the car...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭whicawha

AJ! wrote:
    That was the 911 GT2 that was totalled a few months ago. You're right - the car did hit a tree. The driver had to be cut out - it wasn't the owner behind the wheel...

I've seen the GT2 a few times and there are several pictures on the thread.

I first saw it last February. It was English registered PN52 YVW

I saw it in August and it was Irish registered 02 D 122

911gt2026orpm8.jpg

911gt2032tayn9.jpg

0611011536sl2.jpg

Ok, but I dont understand how the GT2 could have such a low registration number. Its registered 02 which means it had to of been bought and registered in england in 02. You saw it in Feb 06(english reg) and then you saw in it in August with the the 02 D 122. Would it not have to be alot higher than 122 to be the same car as it would of been registered 1 higher than the car before it in dublin the year it was registered, if it was 122 would it not off been wearing the plated in Feb when you first saw it?

I could be really wrong but I alway thought that an imported car registered outside of the year it was bought always took 1 after the last car registered in the that year? That makes me think there different cars!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Interesting point. I saw a left hand honda CRV yesterday, that was only 4 digits ie 01 d XXXX. Thought it was very odd. Double checked it in case

• Registered Users Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭kirving

5uspect wrote:
    Saw this in Berlin on New Years Eve, never mind the fireworks!

berlinyz3.jpg

My dad took a picture of that same Bugatti in Berlin in 2004, he sed it was in a bit of a random place though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭AJ!

whicawha wrote:
    I could be really wrong but I alway thought that an imported car registered outside of the year it was bought always took 1 after the last car registered in the that year? That makes me think there different cars!
    I can see where you're coming from but that's not always the case...

I saw this Ferrari 360 Spider in 2005. The car was registered in the U.K. in 2002. I saw it a few weeks later, Irish registered, sporting a pretty low number - 02 D 3456

360spider069yl0.jpg

spiderblue2xklo9.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

AJ! wrote:
    I can see where you're coming from but that's not always the case...

I saw this Ferrari 360 Spider in 2005. The car was registered in the U.K. in 2002. I saw it a few weeks later, Irish registered, sporting a pretty low number - 02 D 3456

360spider069yl0.jpg

spiderblue2xklo9.jpg

that 3456 ferrari is being sold by des cullen
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=Car&carID=487458&message=You%20searched%20for%3A%20Ferrari%20360%2C%20Year%3A%202002%2E%20Your%20search%20returned%20one%20vehicle%2C%20which%20is%20shown%20below%2E&CFID=36443426&CFTOKEN=24198641

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,185 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I saw a 2007 Brabus MB S-Class (W221) D6 cruise past me today. Could not take a photo as I was driving at the time but it was the same as this:

newtitel.jpg

Doing a bit of googling and it appears the D6 is a tunned version of the S320 CDI diesel. 272bhp and 590 Nm of torque!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

bazz26 wrote:
    I saw a 2007 Brabus MB S-Class (W221) D6 cruise past me today. Could not take a photo as I was driving at the time but it was the same as this:

newtitel.jpg

Doing a bit of googling and it appears the D6 is a tunned version of the S320 CDI diesel. 272bhp and 590 Nm of torque!

Was it the project kahn tuned one.in black or silver.Des cullen is selling them for over 160k.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭kdevitt

whicawha wrote:
    Ok, but I dont understand how the GT2 could have such a low registration number.

They don't register the numbers incrementally - it means they can sell some plates for extra cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,185 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

drdre wrote:
    Was it the project kahn tuned one.in black or silver.Des cullen is selling them for over 160k.:eek:

Don't know really, all I saw was an S-Class with Brabus and D6 written on the boot as it drove by me on the outside lane. The alloy wheels must have been at least 20".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭patsyh

AJ! wrote:
    My cousin put the GT3 wheels on the car...

There not GT3 wheels, there GT2 mark2 wheels. Very rare wheel

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Saw an absolute shower of new XKs today, including two seperate XKRs, both black and both with 07 regs. Should have the pics up by Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I saw a Honda NSX in Mahon Point shopping centre a few days ago, no back number plate, couldn't see the front one as it was parked against the wall, it was RHD. Haven't figured out how to get photo's off my mobile and on to my computer yet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

junkyard wrote:
    I saw a Honda NSX in Mahon Point shopping centre a few days ago, no back number plate, couldn't see the front one as it was parked against the wall, it was RHD. Haven't figured out how to get photo's off my mobile and on to my computer yet!!!
    Bluetooth, or if they are on a flash card with a flash card reader (maybe your laptop has one builth in) my mobile came with a usb cable as well.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

My dad took a picture of that same Bugatti in Berlin in 2004, he sed it was in a bit of a random place though.

Not at all! Its just off Unter den Linden which is the main street on the East side of the Brandenburg Gate where you find a lot of embassy's and posh shops etc.
    There's a Ferrari Dealership on the North side of the street and the Bugatti is across the street in the VW dealership.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

junkyard wrote:

You can send the photo by email to yourself also!

There's a NSX used as daily transport by a guy in Mullingar, but it's a really poxy colour (dark green) guess he got it cheap because of that, he brought it in from the UK last year, will get a snap the next chance I get...

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

whicawha wrote:
    Ok, but I dont understand how the GT2 could have such a low registration number. Its registered 02 which means it had to of been bought and registered in england in 02. You saw it in Feb 06(english reg) and then you saw in it in August with the the 02 D 122. Would it not have to be alot higher than 122 to be the same car as it would of been registered 1 higher than the car before it in dublin the year it was registered, if it was 122 would it not off been wearing the plated in Feb when you first saw it?

I used to think imported cars had high digits but now so many sportscars
    have low numbers? It would appear to me that the owners dont want it known that their car is a second hand import hence the low number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Funxy

The revenue always keeps any low numbers and nice numbers like say 1000. Most of them will be bought in the year they came out but of course they will have others left over. So if you import a car in a few years time you can ring them and ask them for a low number at the same price as reserving a number in november for the registration of a new car.

Seen a nice Blue S3 out side peats this evening - no pic im afraid but im assuming its MarkN's (right name i think) and his thread has a few.
    And i seen a Opel Vectra OPC drive past me in phibsboro, i expect to see this parked in the area sooner or later and will take a pic then.

Seen a black M6 and DeLorean a few times this week to, again no pics :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭fletch

S-Class of some description...not sure if it was a an S55/65 but it had 4 exhausts
    image0023gm.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭turbo

jozi wrote:
    Seen a nice Blue S3 out side peats this evening - no pic im afraid but im assuming its MarkN's (right name i think) and his thread has a few.
    And i seen a Opel Vectra OPC drive past me in phibsboro, i expect to see this parked in the area sooner or later and will take a pic then.

Seen a black M6 and DeLorean a few times this week to, again no pics :(

was black m6 in Glasnevin?? A guy i know just got his, i'll get some pics up soon!

turbo wrote:
    was black m6 in Glasnevin?? A guy i know just got his, i'll get some pics up soon!
    Black one alright, 06 i think thou. Seen it on constitution hill (near brodstone down the road from phibsboro). I taught it was the same one i seen parked out side that kings inn building

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭slick

http://bigmombo.com/images/inventory/IMG_1680.JPG

" First you gotta get the money, and when you got the money, you get the power, and when you get the power,you get the Bentley GT,then you get the women" Tony Montana- Scareface..the edited version!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭turbo

jozi wrote:
    Black one alright, 06 i think thou. Seen it on constitution hill (near brodstone down the road from phibsboro). I taught it was the same one i seen parked out side that kings inn building

it must be another one so cause this one is 07

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭el diablo

slick wrote:
    http://bigmombo.com/images/inventory/IMG_1680.JPG

" First you gotta get the money, and when you got the money, you get the power, and when you get the power,you get the Bentley GT,then you get the women" Tony Montana- Scareface..the edited version!
    is she that slapper in Fair City? I forget her name.. the one leaning against the Bentley?:)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

el diablo wrote:
    is she that slapper in Fair City? I forget her name.. the one leaning against the Bentley?:)
    No, it's a US spec Bentley...... not really sure why the picture was posted?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement