Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best coffee in Dublin?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭folamh

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    Well! Consider my suggestion moot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Meant to mention it on here. I was in Maynooth there a few weeks ago at a meeting and went for a coffee after it.

Stumble across a place called Boss Hoggs. Good coffee shop using beans from coffeemojo.ie which I've had before and was rather tasty.

Worth a trip. They have a shop in Clondalkin as well seemingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Slaphead07 wrote: »

Apparently opening up soon on Pembroke Street aswell....

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭arabica69

Apparently opening up soon on Pembroke Street aswell....

...SHHHHH!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Work keeps me in the city centre most days of the week....

When i need to use my laptop and dont feel like sitting in the car getting depressed... i tend to go into Fixx Coffee at the corner of Dawson and Molesworth Streets.

I'm mainly an espresso drinker, and theirs is pretty good. Free wi-fi too.

• Advertisement

giftgrub wrote: »
    Work keeps me in the city centre most days of the week....

When i need to use my laptop and dont feel like sitting in the car getting depressed... i tend to go into Fixx Coffee at the corner of Dawson and Molesworth Streets.

I'm mainly an espresso drinker, and theirs is pretty good. Free wi-fi too.
    Are there any power points in Fixx? I asked and she said they don't provide that service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

folamh wrote: »
    Are there any power points in Fixx? I asked and she said they don't provide that service.
    yes that's true, not a socket anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Rewired

I like my coffee black and (naturally) sweet and the only place in Dublin I've found a sweet tasting black coffee is Seven Wonders (IFSC). Finally a coffee that actually tastes as good to me as it smells.

3FE I'll give a shout out for the ambience, seriously good tuneage in there, but the coffee itself was far too bitter for my taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

I'm sure that if you let the guys at 3FE know that you like a sweet coffee they will make you one (if they have any beans that fit the profile...

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

I'm sure Bald Batista has been mentioned on here but I've been to nearly all shops mentioned in this thread and I don't think it's close tbh.
    I think BB wins by a mile, just imo.

Honorable mention to the coffee stand on John Rogersons Quay, nice Illy coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Mcofferon

Anyone know anything about the "Walter Mitty" coffee shop at the Trinity end of Dawson Street.

I only spotted it yesterday and looks like it should be open soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Mcofferon wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about the "Walter Mitty" coffee shop at the Trinity end of Dawson Street.

It's already open, just closed yesterday & today for Easter. Haven't been yet, so can't comment. Afaik it's run/owned by the guy behind the Cafe Sol franchise.

Mcofferon wrote: »

The coffee is just okay, but it's a lovely place and the staff are very nice. They usually stamp my loyalty card twice just for the hell of it. One thing I like is that you can order a "filter pot" of coffee for one, rather than a cup. They also have a great selection of teas at €2.30 per pot. I recommend the green tea and ginseng.

There is often a shortage of seats, especially at lunchtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Speedsie wrote: »
    Afaik it's run/owned by the guy behind the Cafe Sol franchise.
    Well that's that then.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Amy2010

This coffee shop 3fE are charging minimum charge for debit or credit cards. It is a blatant rip off? A Eur5 min charge even for a cup of coffee unless I buy their stuff? No cash back for the value of Eur5? I'm not impressed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Amy2010 wrote: »
    This coffee shop 3fE are charging minimum charge for debit or credit cards. It is a blatant rip off? A Eur5 min charge even for a cup of coffee unless I buy their stuff? No cash back for the value of Eur5? I'm not impressed!

Seems common practice in many shops/cafes/newsagents.
    We could blame the merchant fees the bank charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Amy2010

Seems common practice in many shops/cafes/newsagents.
    We could blame the merchant fees the bank charge.
    It is getting worse. It is not helping when banks encourage us poor mortals to use debit card and push us having one.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Amy2010, if you want to rave about bank charges take elsewhere. I've deleted your identical post on another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Banks charge shops 30 cent on all transactions so to except cards on all transactions under €5 just does not pay..... sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Wow, how awful. I was awake all night after reading this:rolleyes:

Simple, cash is king. Go to a bank machine, withdraw cash and pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Haha, and we all hate people who hold up the que at the coffee shop paying with their cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Anyone been into the Oolong cafe? near accents.
    They've got jar and jars of beans and teas. Really nice atmosphere and place and all that, it's a little pricey though.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

If you're ever in Carrickmines retail park, theres an Italian guy in between Smiths and Halfords in a little van. Don't know the name of it.

Delicious coffee.

Zombienosh wrote: »
    Anyone been into the Oolong cafe? near accents.
    They've got jar and jars of beans and teas. Really nice atmosphere and place and all that, it's a little pricey though.
    I really like the downstairs area - sofas for everyone, wifi and, unlike Accents, has plenty of power points. The only drawbacks: 1) pricey and 2) atmosphere is a bit dead. Last time I was there I was the only person downstairs. I expect that'll change with time, though. I heard ol' Derek Mooney give it a plug the other day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I've seen a few names in there alright, I like the downstairs being quiet though., I like a bit of piece and quiet in town

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

3fe are gone from Abbey Street replaced by Vice Coffee Inc.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

The Coffee Shot in the Beacon Quarter in Sandyford is my new favourite.

Pricey though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Any of the Starbucks! 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

Any of the Starbucks! 😆

Trolling?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

There's a relatively new place on South Anne Street called Dublin Barista Company. It's currently the office favourite.

Advertisement