Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sleeping with a guy first dates

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

ali.c wrote: »
    Geez, thats a bit harsh. I personally when i lived by myself had a rule not to invite guys i didnt really know in or go home with random guys either from a safety point of view. Funny story, one night i was plastered and a friend of friend walked me home. I was mignon drunk puking and everything (classy i know)and he was busy undressing :confused:. took a while to get rid of him too, but i had to be really harsh and threaten to get a neighbour involved before he eventually left. Put a whole different perspective on things tbh.

Anyhow its not childish power games to be picky about who you choose to sleep with. I want until it feels right rather than some arbritary timeframe

Maybe he needed to apply ointment? You were his friend! Rub it in!

Seriousy, You have have kneed him in the balls and locked him in the toilet. Than barricaded the door. He would have learned his lesson after a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I like to hold off sex until she begs me for it, usually between one and two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

Different strokes for different folks. When it feels right, then why not go for it? So long as you're safe of course. If you shag countless people before getting to know them....well then that may be a bit slutty. I wouldn't sleep with someone, unless I was comfortable actually just sleeping with them. Sex complicates things, and it can be used to distract from a general lack of compatibility. If all you want is a one night stand, then let chemistry guide you. If you want more, then maybe you should let compatibility guide you.

Great sex can exist without intimacy- but intimacy certainly adds to it, and why settle for great when you can have fantastic?

Also- who says making love anymore? Its a bit cringey and cheesy.

In short, if your friend is using sex as some sort of honey trap, then she could end up being dissappointed. Try before you buy.......never has consumerism come up with such an apt phrase. I wouldn't promote or advocate promiscuity, but I wouldn't judge someone because they do it either. Life is for living, not just for observing. I'd rather be on the stage then hidden in the wings or in the audience. Do whatever feels right for you and the person you're with, and the situation you are in. No two times will ever be the same, so no hard and fast rules can be applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

biko wrote: »
    I like to hold off sex until she begs me for it, usually between one and two weeks.

Really!! Tell me this and no more, how do you know when a sheep is begging for it then? :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

mad m wrote: »
    Really!! Tell me this and no more, how do you know when a sheep is begging for it then? :D
    She tells you she's ma-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-d for it ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Also- who says making love anymore? Its a bit cringey and cheesy.
    + a million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Dudess wrote: »
    + a million

I dare say yourself and PiP have never truely made love before.

(I don't mean with each other of course :D )

[But since your both females all us lads are cool with it if you do!!]

Mairt wrote: »
    I dare say yourself and PiP have never truely made love before.

(I don't mean with each other of course :D )

[But since your both females all us lads are cool with it if you do!!]
    I've had people say it, but I dunno, its just a bit cringey to hear. You can still get the whole idea of it- its sex with someone you love so it crosses that line from just physical to emotional. Only in a relationship though. Hearing those words makes me think of some bad movies, it's far too "lets be totally serious about this", when it should be about enjoying something with your partner. It just makes me wince, the phrasing of it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

If that is making love, then love is a lot stickier than I thought.

Its complex, and the phrase cheapens it

(edit: stickier?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

Sleepy wrote: »
    To be honest if a girl wanted me to wait more than a week I'd be gone, can't stand childish power games like that.

yeah, but your pushy power games are fine? talk about an ultimatum. i'm sorry i gotta laugh at that. you single so?

Advertisement