Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People that clap on Planes

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

We await........................
    the arrival of flawless grammar and a restoration of the English language? It's never going to happen buddy. In a hundred years we'll all be writing in purely consonants. Judging by the posts on this thread, that process is already well underway!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

its cool pepe lol i no wot u mean

Back on-topic: Bastard clappers! Rabble!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Now now .. stay on topic or you will be called a spanner.

Karoma wrote:
    its cool pepe lol i no wot u mean

Back on-topic: Bastard clappers! Rabble!
    lol omgz karoma u must b liek TOTALLY drunk!! lol roflcopter!!

Anyway, back on topic, whenever people clap on a plane, my immediate reaction is to think that they're a bunch of spanners. However my first considered thought is who cares - there are much more irritating things on planes, such as crying babies, fat bastards who take up half of your seat, farting old men and Ryanair's recorded "GIN! RUM! VODKA! WHISKEY COGNAC! BUY ONE, GET ONE FREE!" advertisement.

One time I was on a plane to go to a 21st in another country. When we landed, a bunch of girls started clapping a few seats down. Later on I was talking to a girl at the party and it turned it out she was on the same flight, and that she was the one who had started the clapping. I slagged her mercilessly about it until she ate my face. Moral of the story? I dunno. Vaguely relevant story though I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

lol omgz karoma u must b liek TOTALLY drunk!! lol roflcopter!!

Anyway, back on topic, whenever people clap on a plane, my immediate reaction is to think that they're a bunch of spanners. However my first considered thought is who cares - there are much more irritating things on planes, such as crying babies, fat bastards who take up half of your seat, farting old men and Ryanair's recorded "GIN! RUM! VODKA! WHISKEY COGNAC! BUY ONE, GET ONE FREE!" advertisement.

One time I was on a plane to go to a 21st in another country. When we landed, a bunch of girls started clapping a few seats down. Later on I was talking to a girl at the party and it turned it out she was on the same flight, and that she was the one who had started the clapping. I slagged her mercilessly about it until she ate my face. Moral of the story? I dunno. Vaguely relevant story though I suppose.

Is that when an Ostrick kicked the door in and pulled you off her?

• Advertisement

No, the ostrick was too busy sticking its head up the troll's arse to notice one gooner getting lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

speakin of annoyin stuff on planes:

Ryanair have this horribly cringey voiceover thing when ya land now. its some american bloke spoutin on about how ryanair are great with this big over the top happy voice! its total cringeworthy stuff. everyone just laughs at it. accordin to him, ryanair are on of the best airlines in europe, especially for punctuality!! :rolleyes:

She was the one who had the clap was she;)

The_B_Man wrote:
    speakin of annoyin stuff on planes:

Ryanair have this horribly cringey voiceover thing when ya land now. its some american bloke spoutin on about how ryanair are great with this big over the top happy voice! its total cringeworthy stuff. everyone just laughs at it. accordin to him, ryanair are on of the best airlines in europe, especially for punctuality!! :rolleyes:

Any chance it might be true???

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

No, the ostrick was too busy sticking its head up the troll's arse to notice one gooner getting lucky.
    That warning is re-instated.

• Advertisement

Terry wrote:
    lol, I didn't actually intend that to come across as an insult but re-reading it I guess it could be interpreted that way. Sowwy!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Terry wrote:
    Sounds like somebody could use some self-loving.

On-topic: I wish they would do away with recorded messages - I prefer the charming murmurs of a drunk-sounding captain. Rabble!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Are idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Any chance it might be true???

its is probably true...but only coz they over-estimate their journey time! like a flight to london they'll tell ya is 4 hours long, so when it takes an hour and a half they're like "OMFG!! WE R0X0RZZZ!" etc etc in those exact words.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

Its great being a pilot.how many other jobs do people clap for you after you press a button and let at computer land the aircraft.its tough, but someones gotta do it :)

I would hate to be stuck in a boring dead end job where i have nothing better to do than be spiteful towards people who have strived to make a success of their chosen career!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

So how many people can you carry in a helicopter?

Play nice there, folks.
    Or take it to the thunderdome.
    Either way, just STFU.

Caliden wrote:
    So how many people can you carry in a helicopter?

how long is a piece of string?

Very intelligent question there ;)

electric69 wrote:

Very intelligent question there ;)

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pedantic

What is the maximum number of passengers capable of being transported in the helicopter/airplane you fly?

Did I not tell the two of you to quit bitching?

• Advertisement

lol....i love the way he keeps going on.:D :D

Clap clap

Case closed

ur cool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

electric69 wrote:

Usually the distance from one end to the other.......... :rolleyes:

Clappers.........hate um !!!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I clapped at a pilot that nearly crashed the plane I was on once. Quite a sarcastic clap mind...

electric69 wrote:
    ur cool

It's actually spelled 'you're'.

You may also want to work on your retorts, they not exactly what we call in the business....good.

Caliden and electric69 banned for repeatedly ignoring my warnings.

In fairness you showed restraint there Terry.

In fairness you showed restraint there Terry.
    I logged on today and I thought to myself 'I hope I don't have to ban anyone today. I really don't want to go to the hassle of sending PM's and then being bithed at'.

Meh. What do you do?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭roughan

I was on a ryanair plane the other day and the hostesses were selling everything

they were only sort of going ..BANGERS ROCKETS SCRATCH CARDS

Advertisement