Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People that clap on Planes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

because every single 1 of ur posts have been bitter towards pilots and your obvious jealously.
    that a good enough reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Jealous of being a penis with legs? Hardly :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Caliden wrote:

¬_¬

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

Caliden wrote:

Oh the big boy is calling me names...what ever shall i do?

Good response dude :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

I'm a pilot and I think the people who do this are losers. Sorry this post is short but I'm on a deadhead in Bangkok and I've a couple of Alitalia flight attendants here with me and I'm about to knock the tanned arses off them. Ciao!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Lucky fúcker....I'll be like you in a few years:D

giddyup wrote:
    I'm a pilot and I think the people who do this are losers. Sorry this post is short but I'm on a deadhead in Bangkok and I've a couple of Alitalia flight attendants here with me and I'm about to knock the tanned arses off them. Ciao!

Why am I not surprised this came from a pilot?

"LOL GUYS HEY IM A PILOT. OK GOt TO GO, IM GOING TO HAVE SEX YET I FELT THE NEED TO POST ABOUT IT ON THE INTERNET FIRST!. À BIENTÔT!!"

The stereotype really does lives up to it's name. Enjoy the ****.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

"knock the tanned arses off them"

and you're in Bangkok. ladyboy capital of the world. I'm so envious of you. oh wait, nope, i'm not. muppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

eoin5 wrote:
    Its never happened when I've been on a plane. I might clap if the pilot landed with two wheels or upside down of something like that.

You'd clap if the pilot landed upside down? :eek:
    eo980 wrote:
    To take off on one continent and land thousands of miles away on another is something to be applauded.

You don't see birds clapping each other after migrating

MOH wrote:

That's the worst analogy I've ever had the displeasure of reading

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Chunks

MOH wrote:

bahahahahahahaha!!! Classic!! Best Analogy ever!!!!

I like to see people get freaked out over little things.i.e; caliden. This thread has snowballed into a 'We hate Pilots' Caliden. Chill out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

gyppo wrote:
    Just noticed this yesterday evening on a ryanair flight from Italy. Lots of clapping when we landed, what a load of sh1te.

What was even more sickening however, was the pre-recorded fanfare and announcement by some american accented wanker lauding the fact that the flight arrived ahead of schedule.

We landed, they did that, cabin crew was very embarassed, then a minute later announced that we'd be on the tarmac for 20 mins because we got there early and had to get a slot at the terminal.

Looked even more embarassed then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 sim2

It's a pilot's job to get passengers to their destination safely. Does any1 know of any place where when you finish your day's work you get a round of applause!!:rolleyes:

sim2 wrote:
    It's a pilot's job to get passengers to their destination safely. Does any1 know of any place where when you finish your day's work you get a round of applause!!:rolleyes:

High level footballers / rugby players / theatre actors / lamps with a clapper on them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 sim2

Ok chunks,

Maybe I will clarify:

Any of the people who are on those planes clapping...would they get a round of applause in their normal everyday jobs?

sim2 wrote:
    Ok chunks,

Maybe I will clarify:

Any of the people who are on those planes clapping...would they get a round of applause in their normal everyday jobs?

Ah touché.

Possibly the lamp? I've seen lamps fly before..... ;)

Chunks wrote:
    bahahahahahahaha!!! Classic!! Best Analogy ever!!!!

I like to see people get freaked out over little things.i.e; caliden. This thread has snowballed into a 'We hate Pilots' Caliden. Chill out.

I am chilling out. I'm chilling out clapping because I've safely arrived at my office chair after lunch. I think it's rediculous people are annoyed by the clapping, so rediculous that I shall keep doing it and encourage more to follow.

Fúcking clapping my hands, jesus h. christ.....

/clap

Caliden wrote:
    I am chilling out. I'm chilling out clapping because I've safely arrived at my office chair after lunch. I think it's rediculous people are annoyed by the clapping, so rediculous that I shall keep doing it and encourage more to follow.

Fúcking clapping my hands, jesus h. christ.....

/clap

I never made any reference to you being annoyed about clapping. I made a reference to you being annoyed for some reason about / with pilots...

Chunks wrote:
    I never made any reference to you being annoyed about clapping. I made a reference to you being annoyed for some reason about / with pilots...

The pilots are annoyed by the clapping plus their exaggerated egos need a good popping.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Caliden wrote:
    That's the worst analogy I've ever had the displeasure of reading

I'm sure I've posted worse before

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I'd say it's mostly older people doing it, for whom going on a plane was an unthinkable luxury in their youth. Le cringe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

On hols at the moment, not sure if anyone knows the runway in Madeira but its like an aircraft carrier, and normally always windy when landing. The plane bounced two times before finally landing and no one had time to clap, just blessing themselves lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Damn right there!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

MOH wrote:

What if they were carrying a cargo, like a coconut?

NTM

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

sim2 wrote:

You mean you don't where you work? I'd quit if I were you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

NTM

hmmmm, are you talking about a Swallow?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

I always cringe when idiots clap on planes. I think about if I was to be clapped everyytime I did my job, we'd be high fiving around the office all day LOL :p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

NTM
    That only happens on African planes.
    They are the only ones capable of carrying coconuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Dub_girl_101

Whats wrong with clapping on planes!? Sure why stop there...break out into a tune! Brilliant! Will never forget landing in Dublin in July of this summer and the whole plane breaking into "Fields of Athenrye"...haha pure class! IRA version n all!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Not reading 150 posts (maybe when I got back to work next week :D ) but yeah I always cringe big time when that happens. Tho tbh iv only ever seen it on cheap flights.

Advertisement