Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strongest drink you have consumed?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Had about 3 shots of Absinth one night without knowing what it was. That night did not end well. Never again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Got a bottle of the strongest stuff from this place:

http://www.grenada-beaches.com/food-and-drink/river-antoine-rivers-rum/

Which is guaranteed to be over 75%, was very nice if a little dangerous. The distillery is really cool the rum's made old school still with a water powered rum crushing thing and wood fired boilers. They have to sell a weaker version to tourist cos the strong stuff isn't allowed on planes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

A strange kamikaze mix of various spirits siphoned from the drinking cabinets of people my friend and I used to babysit for when we were about fourteen. We decanted it all into a coke bottle and hid it in the bushes in my estate until the next big night out, at which we duly drank it and got absolutely annihilated and lost the half litre we had remaining. We found it by chance three weeks later on the beach we had been drinking it on and drank it again and that is to this day the foulest and strongest tasting drink I have ever sampled.

Disclaimer. Please note poster was young and foolish at time and no longer drinks from unattended bottles found on beaches or elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Orifiel

A strange kamikaze mix of various spirits siphoned from the drinking cabinets of people my friend and I used to babysit for when we were about fourteen. We decanted it all into a coke bottle and hid it in the bushes in my estate until the next big night out, at which we duly drank it and got absolutely annihilated and lost the half litre we had remaining. We found it by chance three weeks later on the beach we had been drinking it on and drank it again and that is to this day the foulest and strongest tasting drink I have ever sampled.

Same. Raidied the family drinks cabinet, filled up a bottle with all sorts and hid it in a field till the next "Disco" (Culchies the lot of us) :) Note the auld fella travelled a lot and had all sorts in there as presents from companies. Prune Brandy and stuff.

We are talking about a two month wait till we decided to have some. One guy necked a load and puked all over the place seconds later. The rest of us gave it a miss :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Pete M.

The pukiest was a mixture of poteen, teachers and brandy with a twist of blue nun I think it was in a flex shampoo bottle drank on the way to the cinema by bus when I was round 16, think it was the only time I didn't puke round then.
    Think the taste of flex off it made it a bit more palatable.

As for the strongest, either one of the many times I drank unlabelled poteen, or the israeli moonshine that time and of course absinthe, all of which don't come with stories as I can't remember a bleeding thing.

Most consumed though, as in volume of alcohol was about 3/4 of a bottle of sambuca and a 1/4 bottle of vodders after a day of drinking champagne and brandy at a mates 21st (great party Niamhoh), the night before we'd been tripping on acid, so I think the combination of all of the above was probably the closest I've come to dying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭The_Joker

Dayzil (Diesel)
    A good gob full of the stuff will take the hairs off your chest!
    and lube your gut while it's on the way back up!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Irn Bru, made in Scotland, from Girders. Nothing is as strong as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Took a half bottle of buckfast off a guy passed out at a party, was nearly finished it when someone told me it was half and half with robitussin. Quickly joined him.

Most of those herbal liquers are complete muck - had Unicum in Hungary, absolutely foul. Had some variant of Becherkova which was pretty bad as well, but quite settling after the initial 'hot saliva'. In terms of wierd stuff had some chinese grain spirit with a vague hoi sin taste a friend brought back from Beijing, it was about 70% and called 'Potential Happiness' or something similar, strangely clear headed after it but balance and co-ordination was completely out the window.

Worst of all though was a double of homemade horseradish vodka in Krakow; when I stopped crying and got off the floor a good ten minutes later there was a puddle of mucus on the floor of the bar and an angry red blotch where my nose had been.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Hermione* wrote: »
    Polish vodka is lovely. In fact, it's now the only vodka I'll drink.[SIZE=-1] [/SIZE]

Polish vodka, furniture polish? Coincidence? I think not!
    Don't let anyone tell you different, the best vodka, absinthe and 6 foot tall, blonde, sexually adventurous women come from Sweden!

Strongest drink i ever tried was probably arak that my friends da brought home from the leb, we were only about 16 at the time, many years ago but i swear i can still feel it burning to this day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Nu-Centz

Pete M. wrote: »

Most consumed though, as in volume of alcohol was about 3/4 of a bottle of sambuca and a 1/4 bottle of vodders after a day of drinking champagne and brandy at a mates 21st (great party Niamhoh), the night before we'd been tripping on acid, so I think the combination of all of the above was probably the closest I've come to dying.

respect

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Pacha

large cannabis heads left in neat alcohol all winter, along with some process or other

Have never experienced anything even approaching the effect of a small glass of that.
    It was like lucy in the sky with diamonds and trumpton having a head on collision with jimi hendrix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

The father brought a bottle of 100% proof Southern Comfort from the states when I was a young fella, Linda Blair had nothing on me in the projectile vomiting stakes after I lifted some for a party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

collected my 96%/192 proof sugar cane alcohol from my parents house today, Ive no whiskey at the mo, maybe I'll put it in my hip flask.

would it be cruel to offer someone a swig unknowingly? :D

I drank the last bit of it on saturday night after at least half a litre of whiskey. lots of blank patches from that night, apparently everyone at the party that didnt know me thought I was a lunatic, I was skuttered drunk, singing and yappin all kinds of bollox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

so minumum of 100ml of 96% and 500ml of 40% = theoretical 750ml hard liquor,
    and I walked home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Twilighter

Absinthe & I had poitin when I was 12 ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Grandad Fozzie (God rest him) used to brew his own Poitin back in the day with a mate of his. The smell off it was enough to burn the hairs inside your nose and I often tasted it as a then 12 year old. No idea what percentage it was but it was wicked tasting stuff. I'm convinced you could run your car on it (not that I'd dream of wasting it like that!) Tried some again recently. It was my last memory of that particular weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

asynthe...in spain and all you can get it and its about 85% ....to be honest i think tequila is harder to drink but you will feel the kick with absynthe:pac:...anyone ever tasted the black absythe i only had green

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

absinth ,seeing all weird stuff and the like .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

marko91 wrote: »
    asynthe...in spain and all you can get it and its about 85% ....to be honest i think tequila is harder to drink but you will feel the kick with absynthe:pac:...anyone ever tasted the black absythe i only had green

My cousin brought me back a half litre of black absinthe from Portugal, I drank it in two halves and was probably the closest I've been to tripping the second time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Kinky Slinky

85% absinthe, what I imagine petrol tastes like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I had an interesting night with a bottle of absinthe around two years ago. Absolutely horrid stuff. It resulted in my one and only black out. Oh, and the worst hangover I've ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

marko91 wrote: »

When i was working in Dublin one of the lads came back from spain with an absynthe glass + bottle set. He kept the glasses and said i could have the black after he tasted it. I could never have more than one shot of it because it would make me spit hot saliva for ages. It tastes worse if you mix it!

Advertisement