Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'll be in the Fitz anyhow. Hopefully Arsenal will be 7 up by halftime so it wont affect numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I'm hitting the Fitz and there may be a few other PPP heads in attendence too. And if I get knocked out earlier, a walk over the SE will certainly be on the cards!

I'm a Spurs man but hate Utd so much I'm not sure who I'm up for in the match today. Very difficult to decide which team is the lesser of two evils...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,665 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Yea i shall be in fitz for this tonight. last week numbers were down due to cash league tourney -week before 32..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

Played in Winners in Crumlin last nite for the 10k guaranteed... top structure and excellent value... well done lads

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

5starpool wrote: »
    I'll be in the Fitz anyhow. Hopefully Arsenal will be 7 up by halftime so it wont affect numbers.

good read /taps table/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

good read /taps table/

Arsenal are a bunch of petty scumbags. UNI-TED, United are the team for me.

One word. Capitulation(thank you championship manager)

Arsenal are a bunch of petty scumbags. UNI-TED, United are the team for me.

One word. Capitulation(thank you championship manager)

QFT -
    On another note, i still hate tournaments

whats QFT mean?

Quoted For Truth. The structure in that Saturday evening Fitz tournie is amazing, when we were three handed at 12:30am I was thinking we could easily play for another few hours without anyone getting knocked out due to the pressure of increasing blinds, and although Martin was knocked out soon after and Kevin had about 130k to my 55k stack and I never got beyond 65k at any point, it was still almost 3am before we were done! I actually was wishing for shorter blind levels for the last 90 minutes, as Kevin didn't want to deal and was playing cautiously, waiting to catch me, and even taking a fair amount of blinds was not enough to increase my stack to where he would have considered a deal. If the blinds has been more I feel he wouldn't have been able to play so cautiously and we would have had to get it in much sooner!

So Paul - what ur saying is that everyone should play the sat tourney in the fitz???

• Advertisement

More people would have been nice alright, surprised that there wasn't 50+ playing! But I hold those 30 minute blind levels responsible for my not being able to hit a club for a few drinks, the night was over when we finished. Damn you, well structured tournaments, damn you all to hell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

ionapaul wrote: »
    More people would have been nice alright, surprised that there wasn't 50+ playing! But I hold those 30 minute blind levels responsible for my not being able to hit a club for a few drinks, the night was over when we finished. Damn you, well structured tournaments, damn you all to hell!

What you mean to say was you got pwned headsup and are now trying to blame the fact that some decent poker could be played headsup instead of a gamble-gamble push fest where you would have stood a chance!! lol

WD on the second place finish in any event;)

Quoted For Truth. The structure in that Saturday evening Fitz tournie is amazing, when we were three handed at 12:30am I was thinking we could easily play for another few hours without anyone getting knocked out due to the pressure of increasing blinds, and although Martin was knocked out soon after and Kevin had about 130k to my 55k stack and I never got beyond 65k at any point, it was still almost 3am before we were done! I actually was wishing for shorter blind levels for the last 90 minutes, as Kevin didn't want to deal and was playing cautiously, waiting to catch me, and even taking a fair amount of blinds was not enough to increase my stack to where he would have considered a deal. If the blinds has been more I feel he wouldn't have been able to play so cautiously and we would have had to get it in much sooner!

Did you knock me out with a set of Queens v My KQ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Well done on 2nd anyway Paul. It was Kevin who donked me out but i didnt mind as he comes out with some good verbal stuff.

btw anyone know whats the deal what that virtual gaming upstairs with the girls with the head sets?. Are they dealing for real people online? is the novelty that the punters on the other end who are gaming are seeing the dealers are human:confused:

goodluck2me, yes, it was me with the QQ vs the KQ...see the scorch marks on the felt when I called your push! :)

I didn't get pwned heads-up Olly, how dare you! :) At one point myself and Kevin were AIPF with my AK (suited, no less!) vs his AJ....flop was 457 rainbow, turn was 3, river the predictable 6. Had I won we'd be almost equal in chips and probably have split it - I was already planning my run out the door to find a club still serving! Still the 2+ hours HU practice might be profitable for the future.

Was wondering about those dealers upstairs myself Aiden, I'd say you are right about them dealing for online players - people who want to see a human deal their cards instead of a 'rigged' computer. Good idea actually, profit from people's paranoia.

Kevin is such a legend, maybe others have heard all his jokes but I find him hilarious and a pretty nice guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

Good game in Newbridge for Kildare lads of a Fri Night btw. Was there last Fri and there was 60 runners. It's a €110 freezeout and is run every Fri at 8pm in the Liffey Arms, Main St. 4 tables of side action too for those who are interested

I enjoyed it and was a nice addition to the local poker action

goodluck2me, yes, it was me with the QQ vs the KQ...see the scorch marks on the felt when I called your push! :)

I didn't get pwned heads-up Olly, how dare you! :) At one point myself and Kevin were AIPF with my AK (suited, no less!) vs his AJ....flop was 457 rainbow, turn was 3, river the predictable 6. Had I won we'd be almost equal in chips and probably have split it - I was already planning my run out the door to find a club still serving! Still the 2+ hours HU practice might be profitable for the future.

Was wondering about those dealers upstairs myself Aiden, I'd say you are right about them dealing for online players - people who want to see a human deal their cards instead of a 'rigged' computer. Good idea actually, profit from people's paranoia.

Kevin is such a legend, maybe others have heard all his jokes but I find him hilarious and a pretty nice guy.
    its weird i knew you were a boardsie before you answered that, something about your demeanour or somethign you said, I would have asked at the time but tbh the smell at the table upstairs meant i was happier with ny head in my jacket, rather than talking.

why couldnt you have had aces!

Anyone know how many usually play in the early (7pm) tournie in CHL on Thursdays? What's the structure like?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

anyone going to Jackpot for 40fo tonite.... few degen boardsies going.... roadsweeper going to his first live event?

So has anyone played the 7pm game on Thursdays in CHL? One / two / three tables? Or is everyone playing in the SE on Thurs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭scheister

hey just wondering what the 10+1 game in jackpot on a monday is like. do many do it. is it worth trying out at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Taxipete29

scheister wrote: »
    hey just wondering what the 10+1 game in jackpot on a monday is like. do many do it. is it worth trying out at all

It gets a few tables but its just a gamblefest with unlimited €5 rebuys. If your looking for a cheap tourney, check out Lukes on Monday. €30 double chance. Better value imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,131 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Yay!! I remembered how to win a low buyin crapshoot!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Yay!! I remembered how to win a low buyin crapshoot!!

we get it, now f**k off :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭scheister

Taxipete29 wrote: »
    It gets a few tables but its just a gamblefest with unlimited €5 rebuys. If your looking for a cheap tourney, check out Lukes on Monday. €30 double chance. Better value imo.

Where is lukes

Merrion Square, just beside the old FAI headquarters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Last longest for the scalps tonight??? €20?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

I'm donating €100 to all who cash at Lukes tonight, they can share it among themselves.

Anyone else heading in?

I'm heading to Sligo, anyone else going?

Oh wait, that's not poker related.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Lazare wrote: »
    I'm donating €100 to all who cash at Lukes tonight, they can share it among themselves.

Anyone else heading in?

I'm hopeful of making it.

Advertisement