Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

I thought you mite jam your way to a big finish. You really do pull off you lucksakness with style and finese :cool:

I'm choosing to take this as a compliment! :p

The game actually dragged out for ages with the idiot on my right deciding to spew off his big stack calling peoples pushes with 72o and the like to try and take people out and instead continually doubling them up. :mad:

Nah i know that u were pretty solid that time. I was a little miffed coz i didnt realise that the guy to your left was so short stacked i always hate to bubble the money.

I had a feeling you hadn't noticed that alright but in fairness the guy actually got a double up on the next hand when his push with a rag ace was called and his hand held. After that it became a real slog before he was finally knocked out so there was no guarantee that he's have gone next I guess.

I have to say the sitting patiently and pushing or folding for 3 hours was a real trip down memory lane for me. Tournies are all about enduring pain and frustration with patience and of course getting very lucky when its needed....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

ollyk1 wrote: »
    I'm choosing to take this as a compliment! :p

The game actually dragged out for ages with the idiot on my right deciding to spew off his big stack calling peoples pushes with 72o and the like to try and take people out and instead continually doubling them up. :mad:

I had a feeling you hadn't noticed that alright but in fairness the guy actually got a double up on the next hand when his push with a rag ace was called and his hand held. After that it became a real slog before he was finally knocked out so there was no guarantee that he's have gone next I guess.

I have to say the sitting patiently and pushing or folding for 3 hours was a real trip down memory lane for me. Tournies are all about enduring pain and frustration with patience and of course getting very lucky when its needed....

I actually thought i was good goin to the final table but then i looked and everybody was sitting nearly the same. It really became crapshooty the other two times i pushed allin i had JJ but in fairness folded to me in the cutoff with no many chips KQ is a monster :)

SE donkament anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kebabfest

anybody know who got the 2 tkts in the Fitz last night ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭falterego

anyone heading to CHLs 100 FO? Good tourney but don't think it has been getting great numbers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭30something

falterego wrote: »
    anyone heading to CHLs 100 FO? Good tourney but don't think it has been getting great numbers

It's a Super tourney that is bizzarly not getting many numbers. Last week only 25 runners. FT started about 1am, 5k prize fund (2k plus for winner ..oh that was the end of month one). Week before was like 20. Going in the right direction. People are talking. Its only a matter of time before it gets to 40+.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

It's a Super tourney that is bizzarly not getting many numbers. Last week only 25 runners. FT started about 1am, 5k prize fund (2k plus for winner ..oh that was the end of month one). Week before was like 20. Going in the right direction. People are talking. Its only a matter of time before it gets to 40+.

btw. I misinformed you on the EOM last week. Paul wasn't the winner. I think the guys name was Tony. Paul went out soon after you in 5th I think...

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

kebabfest wrote: »
    anybody know who got the 2 tkts in the Fitz last night ?

I know Lawrence got one, no idea about the other as I wasn't there.

Edit: Brian Napier, Grey hair, taxi driver, regular won the other ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Anyone know of any Good Friday Tourns being put on up in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭barrera

What sort of numbers are typical for Fitz 95+5 DC and SE 100+10 DC tonight?

Does the increase from €50 to €100 for the SE tournament on 2nd Thursday have any impact on numbers? (Have looked back a few weeks to see if anyone quotes numbers playing, but nothing posted).

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Anyone know of any Good Friday Tourns being put on up in Dublin?

There is a pubteam event in Cool Hand Lukes starting at 4pm, off the top off the top of my head its 500per team of 5, that should also leave a bumper crowd for the 100FO at 8 30.

The Fitz DC is not on tonight. It is an IO satellite instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭barrera

Thanks for that - I presume the IO Sat in the Fitz will utterly kill numbers in the SE?

Doubt it. I'd say the SE will still get a good crows. They have a crowd that is independent of the Fitz largely, and all the student types will be in for the 50 game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

5starpool wrote: »
    Doubt it. I'd say the SE will still get a good crows. They have a crowd that is independent of the Fitz largely, and all the student types will be in for the 50 game.

second Thursday of the month, it should be the 100 game (which is actually quite a good one)

edit - I see barrera picked this up earlier, it usually gets 50-70 runners

Is CHLs €200 game on Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Is CHLs €200 game on Saturday?

No, we used to have a $330 game on the 3rd Saturday but changed it to a 220 on the last Friday of the month instead.

Cheers, see you to-morrow for the 100 game so

GG in the SE guys, came back from the dead then got chopped harshly :(. AK vs QQ all in from a shorter stack and no Ace or K hit. Then Mr Paddy Power :) goes on the steal and I call with Ac10c vs his J8 to send me home in 10th with Liu the taxi driver who didn't speak one word to me in a 20 minute journey to make it all the more depressing haha. Anyway well done and let me know who won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭hatedajacks

KaG1888 wrote: »
    GG in the SE guys, came back from the dead then got chopped harshly :(. AK vs QQ all in from a shorter stack and no Ace or K hit. Then Mr Paddy Power :) goes on the steal and I call with Ac10c vs his J8 to send me home in 10th with Liu the taxi driver who didn't speak one word to me in a 20 minute journey to make it all the more depressing haha. Anyway well done and let me know who won.
    5 way split with myself,Sammy, and 3 others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Was knocked out immediately after KaG1888 (who was out in 11th, I went out in 10th on the final table bubble) when I made a good move I think but got caught with AT vs AJ and that was all she wrote. Great tournament, nice structure for a mid-week game, lots of play. And as soft of a plate of Brie!

Ah well done lads. Yeah enjoyed it, that bluff early on against that bloke was fairly funny Paul lol. Called everyone of my raises after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Won the €100 FO in Winners tonight, was delighted as it`d been a while since I got a touch, think I deserved it tbh. Its always nice to see the best player win. :D

Seriously though, great game and super atmosphere all night, a few boardsies at the final table, def one ill be supporting in future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Taxipete29

Won the €100 FO in Winners tonight, was delighted as it`d been a while since I got a touch, think I deserved it tbh. Its always nice to see the best player win. :D

Seriously though, great game and super atmosphere all night, a few boardsies at the final table, def one ill be supporting in future.

How many runners Joe??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Taxipete29 wrote: »
    How many runners Joe??

If joe won it and there was a few from boards, about 3 I would guess. Wp Joe and nice touch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Taxipete29 wrote: »
    How many runners Joe??

30 runners, but 42 were guaranteed so an overlay of 950.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Taxipete29

30 runners, but 42 were guaranteed so an overlay of 950.

Cheers, and Wp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

thank god for drugs, i can now move my neck without wanting to puck,

so anyway heading into the Fitz 7 p.m. game???

Love to but I have to go into work for a couple of hours around 7.30 :(

Probably be in for a cash game later though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

So who's playing what tonight?

Advertisement