Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭johnnysmurfman

Double chance in the Fitz anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Double chance in the Fitz anyone?

Maybe.... any idea on avg numbers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭johnnysmurfman

I think about 50/60 runners last week.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'm half thinking of playing my semi tourney rush and playing. I might go to sleep either though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Beware The Albatross

• Advertisement

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Beware The Albatross

You dirty AH reader you :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kebabfest

DOM - Got 2nd on this on Monday. Was all in preflop with JJ which was obviously no match for 10 10 and Pat spiked a 10 on the river. Clawed my back up to a decent stack and then lost it in a 50/50..

UL Eoin, I enjoyed that tourney, and you played very well. I was sick of you reraising me in the end. I knew I shouldn't have told you about that bluff with the 78 :)

cheers. To be fair everytime I reraised I had the goods.
    By keeping the raises big I was hoping you would get fed up with it !!
    That was a great bluff with the 78. It is very rare for me to put down two pair in any situation.
    I seen you laughing earlier when I put the older man with specs All-in after the blank turn.
    God almighty if he had called you would have seen me heading for the door in double quick time !! (although I think my 6 diamonds was live )

I am amazed Jim (older man with specs as you put it) folded, it is rare he does if he has any of it at all. He certainly took long enough about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Legend_DIT

Few weeks back, I played the Monday DC in CHL - came 5th (3 got paid) This entitled me to play in the first freeroll on a Sun afternoon for a ticket to another tournament. The first one of these only had 7 people and there were 7 prizes, so happy days.

I won entry into the Tuesday night game, which I finally got around to playing last night. 17 runners for prize pool of €850 I came second for 250 with no scalps at around 3.10 last night.

Structure was too long, so we were working extremely ahrd for a small prizepool, but I'm fairly sure Luke said he was changing it so it'll finish earlier next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Its changed, 25min blinds till 800/1500 when the antes come in and it goes to 30min blinds.

Here lads. I can recommend the PLO tourney in the Sporting Emporioum on Wednesday nites. Played it last nite. Not many runners which was a shame, but it is a well structured cheap to enter Omaha tourney. €70 .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

What's the Saturday night €120 NL tournie like in the Fitz? Typical number of runners? Thinking of making this tournament my 1st foray into the poker scene since moving back to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,025 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

So, after taking a break from poker, and tourneys especially. I've decided to return and play a few games.
    What are the next upcoming ME tourneys, apart from the IO.

ionapaul wrote: »
    What's the Saturday night €120 NL tournie like in the Fitz? Typical number of runners? Thinking of making this tournament my 1st foray into the poker scene since moving back to Dublin.

Been getting less than 20 runners typically apart from a weekend the SE was closed (again). I will likely be playing this weekend though. Last weekend it clashed with the cash league final so that detracted somewhat from runners. Hopefully it will start to get some more runners, but it is still enjoyable anyhow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Unfortunately the SE game at 8 gets at least twice the runners Paul. I may see you at some stage of the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

got 32 runners 2 weeks ago(league tourney was on last week) - its a good tourmnament - which starting early means its over early...

100FO in CHL's tomorrow - whats the story wit it these days oscar - reckon i'll play this tomorrow and then the 125FO in fitz on sat -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

That sat still on from 6?

• Advertisement

Numbers were massively down last week due to Drogheda, 20 runners, 26 the week before, we're expecting 20 extra players down from East Wall tomorrow so should be a bigger field, Ill try to get a boards last longer going aswell.

RasTa wrote: »
    That sat still on from 6?

Yes. 3 tickets gtd for 20euro.

Right going to head into this oscar - anyone else playin 2nite -

20 extra people from the east wall?

Theres a regular pub game in East Wall, the lads go to Lukes every few weeks.

start time?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,131 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Hi folks,

Does anyone know the start times for the tournaments in the Fitz and SE tonight?

Additionally, does anyone know the structure in the Fitz.

Thanks in advance.

Lloyd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

Fitzwilliam CardClub
    Saturday 7 pm
    €120+5 Freezeout
    Startin Chips 7000 chips,
    blinds 30 minutes

Sporting Emporium

8pm Start.
    €100 + €10 Freezeout.
    Starting Stack : 7,000.
    20/25 Min Clock.

Assume it would be the same, 25/50 50/100 75/150 etc.,etc.

I have actually played in both, sigh
    Got muppeted in the Fitzwilliam game, made it to the S.E. game and got 3rd so there you have it.

Fitzwilliam has been suffering with numbers, but hopefully it will take off. Great structure....

Anyway as the game show says "the choice is yours"

smurph wrote: »
    Fitzwilliam CardClub
    Saturday 7 pm
    €120+5 Freezeout
    Startin Chips 7000 chips,
    blinds 30 minutes

Sporting Emporium

8pm Start.
    €100 + €10 Freezeout.
    Starting Stack : 7,000.
    20/25 Min Clock.

Assume it would be the same, 25/50 50/100 75/150 etc.,etc.

I have actually played in both, sigh
    Got muppeted in the Fitzwilliam game, made it to the S.E. game and got 3rd so there you have it.

Fitzwilliam has been suffering with numbers, but hopefully it will take off. Great structure....

Anyway as the game show says "the choice is yours"

Decent number of people the week before last in the Fitz Smurph. So it might be improving. Anyone there last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Hmm, do i care enough to go to the fitz first to see how many runners there are and then go to the SE if it's likely to have more people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,131 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Thanks Collette. Fitz next Saturday or the Saturday after so. SE will see me after UTD and Arsenal are finished rumbling in the FA Cup.

Advertisement