Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

It's quite clear from Rob and champs post that this barker gentlemen needs to be castrated immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

not sure how to open this image on the page, surely tony or someone will open it for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

I had a run in with this same guy going back to last christmas when he asked for someones hand to be turned over on showdown afte the guy had conceded the pot to him..... he asked for a ruling and was told he could request the hand to be turned over but it was bad ethiqute..... his asnwer was **** ethiqute I paid to see his cards now turn them over..... they were turned over and I made a comment that I though it wasn't in order and he turned on me telling me to mind my own business and keep my nose to myslef in not such savoury language....... I've played with him since without incident...

there is no excuse for ignorance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

thechamp87 wrote: »
    Final table of the 500 game in the Fitz last December. We are playing 7 handed and 6 are getting paid, 1st getting €12,500. Everyone seemed to be in good humour and Mick Frisby who was shortstacked at the time asked could we take 500 off the top for 7th. Most of us were happy to do this as we had been playing for 2 days. Barker says "No, I'm not doing any f***in deals" A few people were surprised by the ignorance shown by this statement. Mick Frisby then joked, " Ah sure c'mon its Christmas".

Barker's response - "**** Christmas"

Yeah i was at that FT, as was Ldog. Being honest, i've never heard anyone bitch so much at a poker table

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

I think it would be really constructive if everyone here posted about a time he moaned at your table. no sorry ironic is the word im looking for.
    I`ve seen him go from whats described about to being a complete gentleman, bit jekyll and hyde stuff, quite unfortunate.

By the way, Oscar said that swearing was longer allowed at the tables was this enforced or...???

Liam Barker

http://www.antesup.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=259&cat=509
    Thats him on the left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,134 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

thechamp87 wrote: »
    Final table of the 500 game in the Fitz last December. We are playing 7 handed and 6 are getting paid, 1st getting €12,500. Everyone seemed to be in good humour and Mick Frisby who was shortstacked at the time asked could we take 500 off the top for 7th. Most of us were happy to do this as we had been playing for 2 days. Barker says "No, I'm not doing any f***in deals" A few people were surprised by the ignorance shown by this statement. Mick Frisby then joked, " Ah sure c'mon its Christmas".

Barker's response - "**** Christmas"

I was at that FT as you'll know.

I'm not going to try and defend something that Liam may have done last night - it certaintly sounds like he was waaay out of order. And he has a reputation for having a somewhat changeable personallity.

However, Liam has always been friendly and cordial towards myself - obviously the fact that we both had big scores in the same tournament in Drogheda would have something to do with that.

So I am kinda surprised at the above stories from Rob and Alex.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Mellor wrote: »
    What did Gholi do to set him off

During the break he killed a goat but he did it while observing
    his constitutionally protected religious beliefs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

During the break he killed a goat but he did it while observing
    his constitutionally protected religious beliefs.

careful now Rounders, you know what these Hindus are like

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

I think i'll be ok. I mean he was organising grudge matches during Ramadan:D

• Advertisement

nice 1000th post! wp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭sumoward

RasTa wrote: »
    It's quite clear from Rob and champs post that this barker gentlemen needs to be castrated immediately.

....and give Eunuchs a bad name.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

anyone playing the 80 FO in the fitz tonight - thinking of heading to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

yep

actually won't be heading in, just remember why i can never play on a monday night....

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

nice 1000th post! wp

Not bad for an unpopular sticky that no one wanted.

5starpool wrote: »
    Not bad for an unpopular sticky that no one wanted.

self-praise is no praise.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It wasn't my idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

5starpool wrote: »
    It wasn't my idea.
    and don't you forget it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

chopped this 4 ways 830euro each, and the top 2 chip leaders took the sat tickets, am happy to say i was chip leader when we finished up, so got the points as well.

on a side note anyone playing the sat tomorrow night for the EPT....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

chopped this 4 ways 8.30euro each, and the top 2 chip leaders took the sat tickets, am happy to say i was chip leader when we finished up, so got the points as well.

on a side note anyone playing the sat tomorrow night for the EPT....?

8.30 is a pretty bad payout Wes ;)

Must have been a 2 euro Freezeout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

FMP lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

lol, nice result Wes, wd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Nice one Wes. Keeping that good run good. Good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Anything good on this week end in Dublin? i.e large stacks, good structure and a decent buy in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Jim_Cannon

Just wondering if anyone could tell me how the standard at the DC tonight (Tuesday) in the Fitz and the €25 rebuy tomorrow compares to the €30 FO on Sundays. Is it significantly or only slightly better? And which one - tonight or tomorrow has the better structure?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Jim_Cannon wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone could tell me how the standard at the DC tonight (Tuesday) in the Fitz and the €25 rebuy tomorrow compares to the €30 FO on Sundays. Is it significantly or only slightly better? And which one - tonight or tomorrow has the better structure?

Thanks!

Hey Jim,

It's been a while since I played either game but the standard was low in all 3 games as I recall.

I think the Tuesday game gets more runners and has a bigger prize pool. The structures of these games have changed for the better, and then subsequently disimproved again :rolleyes: since I used to play them so I can't make a recommendation based on the structure I'm afraid.

Welcome on board.

Jim_Cannon wrote: »

Thanks!

The structure for the 55 game in the fitz is in my opinion perfect, it deosnt seems to be great being only 20/25mins levels but it does work to be fair. I`ve only played it a few times though opting to support Lukes 75DC in stead. The standard of structure is much higher and the stadard of play is pretty much the same, The play would generally be a little looser than the 30 game as the people playing it arent poor students.
    If you consider your table to me worse than yourself then take your DC chance early and build from it, if not then AWW EIIINN gamble no loose.
    And remember either way to run very well.

so where are ppl playin tonight - might be able to head out tonight - so fitz or CHL?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭coillcam

I'm up in Dublinia for a while doing a training course and probably several interviews as nobody seems to want to employ me:(

Probably head to CHL's the DC scalps tonight, looks good with 30 min clock.......

Anyone else straying in that far????

Advertisement