Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

R__J wrote: »
    lloyd shud we make wednesday pints a weekly thing? although gordan was a bit worst for ware heading to flannerys!

a bit? i was off my fcuking nuts to say the least and no matter how bad i was at least i got in. ye i agree with a weekly thing aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

anyone know who took down the 100 double chance last night? Please say it was oberon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Please say it wasn't oberon

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

anyone know who took down the 100 double chance last night? Please say it was oberon

Oberon pushed with 93o (or something similar) at one stage and I obliged with a call and QQ. I flopped my set but due to the sickness that is runner runner he got their with a flush.

A few hands later Lazare opened in LP (he was opening alot of pots) and Oby instantly pushed OTT. After a minute or so of thought I called with 66 and knocked him out. (I can get into my reasoning for my call but I was confident that unless he had 77 or 88 then I was never 4/1 behind)

Anyway I finished 6th - it was sick push or fold festival when i got knocked out with blinds at 5k/10k and a total of 490k chips in play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Any davids playing in Lukes tonight, i am kid and wife free on a Fri night which happens rarely so may head up to the big smoke to play 10 hands and get knocked out:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Anyone got a number for lukes???

Just wondering if this starts at say 9:00 and blind levels of 30 mins - by half 10 - what sort of stack would one have if left to blind away... start with 7500 ???

since there is a 20 min break by level 3 - i reckon play will resume by 11 - and therefore i should defo be there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭sumoward

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Anyone got a number for lukes???

Just wondering if this starts at say 9:00 and blind levels of 30 mins - by half 10 - what sort of stack would one have if left to blind away... start with 7500 ???

since there is a 20 min break by level 3 - i reckon play will resume by 11 - and therefore i should defo be there...

Rememeber that likes are doing there early bird special so if you register by 8.20 you gete xtra chips and a chance for you reg back amongst other things.

sumoward wrote: »
    Rememeber that likes are doing there early bird special so if you register by 8.20 you gete xtra chips and a chance for you reg back amongst other things.

really? - you'll have to tell me where likes is - never heard of it???:D

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Number for Lukes: 6629325

I might well be in attendance, haven't decided yet. If I am playing a tournies then I definitely will.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

you'll get luke on 086 2619093 also...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

CLH tonight anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

inski

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

AKQJ10 wrote: »
    inski

me too. in for 20 last longest as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭sumoward

That Friday game is great, Thankfully I won My Starting cash back, 4 hours of poker gratis isnt too bad though.

How did it end in Lukes?
    Was Albert in the money?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Al came 3rd, Derek and Jude split it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

Took down the SE 50 last night, good battle HU against Macspower.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickste

nice one conor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

Cheers Mick. That thread did the world of good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

Lazare wrote: »
    Cheers Mick. That thread did the world of good :)

Damn you boardsies.... stop telling these guys how to play poker!!!! Stop educating the fish :D

great game Connor.... now I'm off to find your decon thread :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Just chopped the jackpot with Tommy Gunne.

Get in!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Felt good getting to the FT in the SE tonight. Doubled Tadg up with A10 v 44 to lose half my stack.. Then CR Paddy O Neill allin with 74 on a 975 board. babymaker6 was slowplaying 86 behind me. Paddy folded and i'm down to 3k. got back to 18k and then pushed with A7 into Paddys AJ to miss the money..

I hung around long enough to see Paddy knock out Babymaker6 when Paddy called a 30k push PF blinds 1500/3000 with 95o to crack beat AQ. WP GG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Flushdraw wrote: »
    I hung around long enough to see Paddy knock out Babymaker6 when Paddy called a 30k push PF blinds 1500/3000 with 95o to crack beat AQ. WP GG

You see, I feel I'm obviously missing something.
    I could never call a 10bb push with that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

How many runners did CHL get last Friday in the 100FO?
    I know it had 60ish the week before

It got 51 last week I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

Chopped the Jackpot 40 last night with Theresa L. Waysone (aka Value Steve) last night.
    Shoulda won...:(
    Still happy days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

luke's or s.e. tourney tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

5starpool wrote: »
    It got 51 last week I believe.

Tks - what's on that's good tonight and that doesn't finish at stupid o'clock in the morning?

AKQJ10 wrote: »
    luke's or s.e. tourney tonight?

fitz sats is obv the way to go.......

No idea. 50 dc crapshoot in SE, 50 DC in CHL's, probably best bet. 50 rebuy sat in the Fitz - where I will be going, 20 FO in the Jackpot, 300 Omaha game in Drogheda, my second choice tonight, but probably a stupid o clock game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,135 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

5starpool wrote: »
    No idea. 50 dc crapshoot in SE, 50 DC in CHL's, probably best bet. 50 rebuy sat in the Fitz - where I will be going, 20 FO in the Jackpot, 300 Omaha game in Drogheda, my second choice tonight, but probably a stupid o clock game.

Being ill with the flu is such a mega beat. I really wanted to play the omaha in Drogheda. :(

Advertisement