Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Well I am came 6th in the Jackpot, I believe that makes 4 cashes out of the last 6 times I have played it.
    Joe can only dream of a record like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,213 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

cooker3 wrote:
    Well I am came 6th in the Jackpot, I believe that makes 4 cashes out of the last 6 times I have played it.
    Joe can only dream of a record like that!

Joe hasn't won it yet. *points in his direction:

bwahahahahahahahahahaaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Taxipete29

Came 3rd in the jackpot last night. Only 2nd cash out (first in there) and ive only really being playing live bout a month and a half. Quite happy with myself this morning.:)

Taxipete29 wrote:
    Came 3rd in the jackpot last night. Only 2nd cash out (first in there) and ive only really being playing live bout a month and a half. Quite happy with myself this morning.:)

Well done, who were you?
    I was guy who pushed 3 times in a row only to be called by sevens when I had A8

Also Lloyd as I am sure joe will quickly point out, Joe has won it once although there was only 18 there and it was a Friday so not sure whether it counts as a real victory!

cooker3 wrote:
    Also Lloyd as I am sure joe will quickly point out, Joe has won it once although there was only 18 there and it was a Friday so not sure whether it counts as a real victory!
    I'm sure - it doesn't.

• Advertisement

cooker3 wrote:
    Well done, who were you?
    I was guy who pushed 3 times in a row only to be called by sevens when I had A8

I called ya with the 7s. Figured after the 3 pushes ya must of had a fairly wide range and I wasnt in bad shape.

Taxipete29 wrote:
    I called ya with the 7s. Figured after the 3 pushes ya must of had a fairly wide range and I wasnt in bad shape.

Yeah, my push was emn marginal

Anyone tell me what the 5pm in Lukes tomorrow evening is like? Was thinking of playing.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

ANyone going to Lukes tonight? I think I will pay a vist for the tournie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

5starpool wrote:
    ANyone going to Lukes tonight? I think I will pay a vist for the tournie.

sorry for being lazy but whats on tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Im running the 5pm tourney in Lukes tomorrow so itll be great. Im fairly sure theres a good structure on it, its been getting 10 to 20 runners but with the students back it should start picking up.

Dom, we got 40 runners for the Saturday tourney last week so should be good, structure is improved from tonight. 50 Double Chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭MickL

bohsman wrote:
    Im running the 5pm tourney in Lukes tomorrow so itll be great. Im fairly sure theres a good structure on it, its been getting 10 to 20 runners but with the students back it should start picking up.

Dom, we got 40 runners for the Saturday tourney last week so should be good, structure is improved from tonight. 50 Double Chance.

you trying to imply somthing Mr Fred i run the best show in town lol!!

any who just so you remember and dont forgot as usual its a 4k stack with 20 min levels all the way all levles included!!

Also in a week or two this tourney will be changing a little for the better for the students of course with a prize fund gaurentee in place etc,..

Mickl

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    I'm sure - it doesn't.
    a win is a win is a win.

i dont play short staked tournaments well though, as im rarely in that position in other ones, of course lloyd all your experience gained as a short stack in Drogheda puts you leagues ahead! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

S.E. 100FO tonight anyone?

Bohs - is CHL 100FO now moved to Fridays?

a win is a win is a win.

i dont play short staked tournaments well though, as im rarely in that position in other ones, of course lloyd all your experience gained as a short stack in Drogheda puts you leagues ahead! ;)

lolz.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Bohs - is CHL 100FO now moved to Fridays?

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

inski for the 100 freeze in s.e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Norwich Fan Rob

just back from this, led most of the way but ended up 2nd.
    OllyK took it down.
    Myles was 4th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

just back from this, led most of the way but ended up 2nd.
    OllyK took it down.
    Myles was 4th.

I ran real goot all night! :) Thank God for luck.

Good fun at the FT with the usual decent standard of play in the Monday game.

Giving Rob a headsup lesson to try and improve his game for the headsup league was appreciated I think!! lol only kidding Rob.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

wp olly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Are the blind levels in the fitz 20 mins tonight? Thought they fixed that??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Congrats Olly. Nice bankroll booster

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

ollyk1 wrote:

Giving Rob a headsup lesson to try and improve his game for the headsup league was appreciated I think!! lol only kidding Rob.;)

Nice one Olly - well played. I thought you had a minor melt down with the A10 hand - left you with as many chips as me. You must have played some quality stuff (and ruck SICK) to win it considering the stacks sizes around you when I left.

Great call with QQ BTW.

Well done Rob nice to finally break through the top 5 barrier. I think that's 7 out of 7 final tables for you in a row - VERY WP sir

Cheers lads.

Only my second tournie win all year. I know I'm playing a lot less tournies versus 06 but it's not been good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Anyone playing the cash game in jacks?maybe short it up a storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

ill be in tonight sammy, its a good game and it might be getting a decent turn out this week as there seems a lot of people interested in it

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭aceofspades.ie

ollyk1 wrote:

Nice win Olly, great bit crac.
    Hard luck Rob you looked winner when i was leaving, Ollie must pulled out some of his under cards trick. very nice game really enjoyed it thanks.

Felt sorry for the guy in 5th looked home and dry for 4th spot untill you and me started banging heads Ollie.

Myles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭hatedajacks

Well done Olly,Was very impressed as per usual with your play last night. Great call with the queens and never saw u put your chips in behind. Kev

Well done Olly,Was very impressed as per usual with your play last night. Great call with the queens and never saw u put your chips in behind. Kev

Well I was forced to change that at the FT Kev!!

As Chopper said I had a painful moment when I severely overplayed AT and couldn't dodge AQ and KK :o so I was forced into a shortstack game, luckily I had the ever reliable 97 sooted cracking kings to get myself back into the game and it was up and down from there.

Skill is way overrated in this game!!:p

You hung in there for a very long time yourself hoping to catch a break and for me that is one of the few things you can do in the mid stages of a tournie - not take yourself out needlessly and keep nicking a few blinds when its on.

I wish this tournie was on at the weekends as it always attracts a decent crowd of regulars and has a good mixture of play and yet its fast enough to finish within the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

wd ollie....

BTW was looking to get away from the online grind tonight.... recommendation for tonights tournies?

Advertisement