Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Oops forgot about the end of month...... do they still open for satellites from early? I dont really want a very late night. What sort of time would Lukes generally finish?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,701 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Fitz EOM is tonight yeah?
    What kind of a field does it get and what time does it kick off at, does anyone know ?

usually around 80.....

Just wondering lads, Luke said that the 100 FO was going to be moved to a friday from October onwards, just wondeirng is this starting next week - i.e the 5th or the following friday the 12th, since the IPO starts on the 6th, so not too many ppl will want to be there till 5/6am on saturday morning, imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

Ace2007 wrote:
    Just wondering lads, Luke said that the 100 FO was going to be moved to a friday from October onwards, just wondeirng is this starting next week - i.e the 5th or the following friday the 12th, since the IPO starts on the 6th, so not too many ppl will want to be there till 5/6am on saturday morning, imo

Yea, you would probably have to go to some other forum to find a shower of degenerates who would thrive on that sorta thing :rolleyes:

I'm really looking forward to the 100 fo in Lukes being a Friday night, Sooner the better

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

100FO is on Fridays from next week. Few other changes being worked on at the moment aswell. If theres anything people feel is missing let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Haven't played live for quite a while but decided to head in tomorrow night. Probably going to play the Jackpot €50 fo - if its still on that is. How many runners is getting atm, and are they're any other better value tourneys on?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

eoghan104 wrote:
    Oops forgot about the end of month...... do they still open for satellites from early? I dont really want a very late night. What sort of time would Lukes generally finish?
    Probably not as many sats as there used to be, but from about 7 there should be sats I reckon, if not 6.30. I have only played Lukes 100FO once, and it had 29 runners and finished at 5.15 without a hand being played headsup, so it will be a late one regardless of the number of runners I reckon.

Yea, you would probably have to go to some other forum to find a shower of degenerates who would thrive on that sorta thing :rolleyes:

I'm really looking forward to the 100 fo in Lukes being a Friday night, Sooner the better

I agree that it should be on a friday, but will many play it next week due to the IPO,

Ace2007 wrote:
    I agree that it should be on a friday, but will many play it next week due to the IPO,
    There are a lot of the people that play regularly in Dublin that don't know about the IPO or think that this online thing sounds very complicated so they won't be playing it.

5starpool wrote:
    Probably not as many sats as there used to be, but from about 7 there should be sats I reckon, if not 6.30. I have only played Lukes 100FO once, and it had 29 runners and finished at 5.15 without a hand being played headsup, so it will be a late one regardless of the number of runners I reckon.
    Jaysus thats late...... I dont think id be into that now at all, I think I might just play the SE crapshoot.

• Advertisement

bohsman wrote:
    100FO is on Fridays from next week. Few other changes being worked on at the moment aswell. If theres anything people feel is missing let me know.
    If you were to include some form of Omaha or ROE tourney it would be a good addition. Maybe a €100 freezeout or something on a night without much competition like a Sunday or Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭MickL

5starpool wrote:
    There are a lot of the people that play regularly in Dublin that don't know about the IPO or think that this online thing sounds very complicated so they won't be playing it.
    Thank god its been edited since then dom there has been an ante structure p[ut into place that keeps plenty of play but ensures at 3.30 finish

EDIT: Quoted the wrong message but you intelligent people get the message.

MickL wrote:

EDIT: Quoted the wrong message but you intelligent people get the message.

typical.... u ever get "tomorrows tournament" on the tourney screen...

There is an ante structure Mick? What is this? Does it affect the 30 min blinds and starting stack? When does the ante kick in. I'm mostly asking as I want to update the sticky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

eoghan104 wrote:
    If you were to include some form of Omaha or ROE tourney it would be a good addition. Maybe a €100 freezeout or something on a night without much competition like a Sunday or Tuesday.

I'd actually have a decent omaha tournie on a Saturday night if I was Luke. I'd also have it start at 7.00 or 7.30 at the latest. I'd also make the cash games rake free from 9.00pm to 11.00pm on a Saturday night.

I'd also run a cash league fairly soon with some added value.

If you build it they will come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭ligger

ollyk1 wrote:
    I'd actually have a decent omaha tournie on a Saturday night if I was Luke. I'd also have it start at 7.00 or 7.30 at the latest. I'd also make the cash games rake free from 9.00pm to 11.00pm on a Saturday night.

I'd also run a cash league fairly soon with some added value.

If you build it they will come.

Taxis to and from the venue and anphetemines for keeping you awake... If you are going to ask get it all;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

ligger wrote:
    Taxis to and from the venue and anphetemines for keeping you awake... If you are going to ask get it all;)

I can manage the 5 minute walk home. I stay awake playing poker its the enxt day I have a problem with...... but sure for the rest of you guys these would be good.

Ace2007 wrote:
    typical.... u ever get "tomorrows tournament" on the tourney screen...

Lol nope saved my mental health a fortune by just giving up stupid bloody technology

nope still 7.5k and 30 min levels with all levels it kicks in @ the 150 - 300 level and increases with the level in most cases,, some levels later on from about 800-1500 where the ante stays the same and only the blinds increase

MickL wrote:
    nope still 7.5k and 30 min levels with all levels it kicks in @ the 150 - 300 level and increases with the level in most cases,, some levels later on from about 800-1500 where the ante stays the same and only the blinds increase
    What makes you think it will finish at 3:30 then? If I was fairly confident this was true youd have me +1 tonight. Any chance of it starting at half 8?

• Advertisement

eoghan104 wrote:
    What makes you think it will finish at 3:30 then? If I was fairly confident this was true youd have me +1 tonight. Any chance of it starting at half 8?
    I know it is cold, but hell won't freeze over that quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Anyone heading to the Jackpot 20 tonight?

cooker3 wrote:

Since ur going there - i won't be...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Ace2007 wrote:
    Since ur going there - i won't be...

Damn, less dead money
    Anyone good going?

play the 250 EOM in the fitz ....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Wreck wrote:
    Haven't played live for quite a while but decided to head in tomorrow night. Probably going to play the Jackpot €50 fo - if its still on that is. How many runners is getting atm, and are they're any other better value tourneys on?

its kind of suffering with runners atm, which is a shame cos its good value at 50 quid. it got 20 odd last week, iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭HiCloy

Moneymaker wrote:
    its kind of suffering with runners atm, which is a shame cos its good value at 50 quid. it got 20 odd last week, iirc.

Pity alright, i was thinking of ehading in tomorrow, anythnig else good on?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

cooker3 wrote:
    really is the hardest tournament to win...FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Moneymaker wrote:

20 runners ain't great, but i think i'll give it a go anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,195 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

really is the hardest tournament to win...FFS!

No it isn't.

Advertisement