Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

AKQJ10 wrote:
    you old folk need too much sleep
    I sleep less than 95% of people on here! If i was to make the FT, it would be 5am. I have to leave for work at 645am.

And i have a long hard day ahead tomorrow and meetings with IBM management. Not a good idea after getting no sleep......bah!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

ditpoker wrote:
    i dont like your attitude tony... if you dont play who will send lloyd on tilt by 3 betting him with 9 high and showing!? WHO TONY!!!?! WHO!!??!?!

i've never shown LLoyd a bluff in my life! Come to think of it, i dont i've ever tried a bluff against Lloyd in my life, and thats the tooth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

... bad player... i play poker for 3 reasons...
    1. to bluff lloyd
    2. to show the bluff
    3. to make lloyd cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

AKQJ10 wrote:
    i wish hector was on boards

the check raise machine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭johnnysmurfman

Ace2007 wrote:
    btw what do you mean by this: "against a tight enough player who has already folded an overpair to the board " - who was this player?

What I mean is that the guy who pushed all in on the button was a tight enough player and earlier on in the night he had shown that he folded an overpair to the flop. I just mean that it's harder to call that tight player with 89 in that spot when there is a player still to act behind you, it's an easier decision when you have been guaranteed through the other player's folding out of turn that you will be heads up. Folding out of turn is normally not a big deal as it usually occurs pre-flop, it's pretty rare for a guy to fold out of turn in a 3 handed post-flop situation, when I say it's pretty rare I mean it's the first time I have ever seen it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

What I mean is that the guy who pushed all in on the button was a tight enough player and earlier on in the night he had shown that he folded an overpair to the flop. I just mean that it's harder to call that tight player with 89 in that spot when there is a player still to act behind you, it's an easier decision when you have been guaranteed through the other player's folding out of turn that you will be heads up. Folding out of turn is normally not a big deal as it usually occurs pre-flop, it's pretty rare for a guy to fold out of turn in a 3 handed post-flop situation, when I say it's pretty rare I mean it's the first time I have ever seen it.

i suppose- but like i said i was distracted in the hand, saw the dealers right arm point in my direction and so i folded...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

Flushdraw wrote:
    I sleep less than 95% of people on here! If i was to make the FT, it would be 5am. I have to leave for work at 645am.

And i have a long hard day ahead tomorrow and meetings with IBM management. Not a good idea after getting no sleep......bah!

sure i bet ur still on line at 4am this morning..... sleep -ha-

• Registered Users Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Mellor wrote:
    If there was 550 & 1000 for last two a deal would of been more likely. There wasn't much room to alter 800, 450. 550 each play for 150???
    i wouldnt have thought so tbh, maybe 600-950 but i doubt i would have done too much judging by the way i was running!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,170 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

pfft, the 10 on the river clearly shows that I was running better. :D
    I didnt think there was any chance of a deal, I was happy with 450 if I went out.
    The only way I'd of really changed it was if we were the same in chips, and heads up was taking ages, then I would of taken 600 each and sorted dealers.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

ditpoker wrote:
    dom, the woman went to raise to 500 but didnt say raise so the 500 chip only counted as a call... hence the raise check! :p
    That was preflop, your description was on the flop when she bet first. Don't try to wiggle your way out of it now...........

n00b.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,247 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

ditpoker wrote:
    lloyd will be the chap complaining about how bad he runs and how live poker is rigged and moan moan moan
    Blinds 100 / 200. I have a stack of circa 19000. Seven handed.

Asian dude playing circa 10000 raises to 600 from the cutoff.

Some history:

- After I won a big pot by raising 99 pre - flop; flopping middle set and stacking some guy on a double belly buster straight draw I made it 450 the very next hand while arranging my pile of chips with 99. A decentish aggressive player 3 - bet me from the button and I folded face - up;

- Not long after the break I opened to 550 with AJo and folded to a three bet from the villian in this bad beat story face - up;

- I have not really done much out of line and have shown up with the goods a lot;

the AJ hand is two or three hands before the Asian dude raise my big blind up. I find QQ and make it 1800 to play. He confirms how much it is and quickly calls.

Flop (3700) K 8 x with one club. I quickly bet 2600. He cuts out some chips, seems to be half debating a raise - but calls.

Turn (8900) J of clubs. I check. He has about 5500 behind. He bets 3700. I ask him how much he has behind: "about 1500" is his answer. He holds his cards as if he will be quick to flip them over, and stares at the felt.

I tank for minute or so; decide I'm good for various reasons and put out enough chips to set him in. He very slowly stacks up what he has left and moves it over the line without turning up his hand.

I insta - show QQ. He waits before flipping Jd9d. Good call Lloydy.

River - 9.

Ship pot that takes me to 30k in his direction. Cue tilt explosion. GG me.

I play good but run bad?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,170 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

how many runners? places paid etc

• Registered Users Posts: 36,247 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Mellor wrote:
    how many runners? places paid etc
    I couldn't give a ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭MickL

my stomach turned when i seen that nine hard luck lloyd a great play yet again screwed over by the unholy river!!

i finished 9th for NOTHING again!!

is my call here right im on 10k blinds 400 800 ante 75
    i have Qd10d 4 players flop comes 4d9d6h allbody people check turn comes Jc i bet 4k UTG pushs for millions folded back to me iv 6500 i cant fold can i???
    or should i be in the hand im in mid position

Mick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭iBoT

i beat mick with a fantastic 7th place finish, my second 7th place finish in 3 weeks in the same tourney:rolleyes: .... cant be arsed talkin about hand ..

(loyd be careful with them pocket tens lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

gotta love it lloyd. J high no draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

How many runners does the 50 freezeout in the jackpot on fridays normally get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

MickL wrote:
    my stomach turned when i seen that nine hard luck lloyd a great play yet again screwed over by the unholy river!!

i finished 9th for NOTHING again!!

is my call here right im on 10k blinds 400 800 ante 75
    i have Qd10d 4 players flop comes 4d9d6h allbody people check turn comes Jc i bet 4k UTG pushs for millions folded back to me iv 6500 i cant fold can i???
    or should i be in the hand im in mid position

Mick

I take it you missed, ul.

Fold / Shove pre flop - Never call
    Shove flop
    Never fold after putting in nearly half your stack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

i played some of my best poker in this only to once again come up short. 4th for 270. round to the jackpot to play with profit. get up to 800 then get AK, Ad. Flop comes Kd10dxd, pot it, pot non diamond turn, river J and check call he has kj obv. then very next hand make it a tilty 7 on blind, fold around to sb who calls. i have ak again, flop kk10 get it all in he has k 10. left with profit 470 when it should have been alot more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

UL Mark, yeah you were playing some good poker...... [for a change :p ]

nah serious ul again..

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    - I find QQ and make it 1800 to play. He confirms how much it is and quickly calls.

Flop (3700) K 8 x with one club. I quickly bet 2600. He cuts out some chips, seems to be half debating a raise - but calls.

Turn (8900) J of clubs. I check. He has about 5500 behind. He bets 3700. I ask him how much he has behind: "about 1500" is his answer. He holds his cards as if he will be quick to flip them over, and stares at the felt.

I tank for minute or so; decide I'm good for various reasons and put out enough chips to set him in. He very slowly stacks up what he has left and moves it over the line without turning up his hand.

I insta - show QQ. He waits before flipping Jd9d. Good call Lloydy.

River - 9.

Ship pot that takes me to 30k in his direction. Cue tilt explosion. GG me.

I play good but run bad?? :confused:
    lol. thats really all that can be said. hl, yourunsobad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

How many runners does the 50 freezeout in the jackpot on fridays normally get?

25 last week. i'd say max 25 this week. they have taken the 500 added off , so its now just a 50 freezeout.

well done mark - 5th last week, 4th this week, you'll win it in 3 weeks time :)

i really got myself into a mess and ended up shortstack, when i tried to rob a pot on the flop and got called by llyod, i turned an open ended straight flush draw, but stupidly only check called and missed...:(

and then to show my luck was out, blinds 75/150 i get 9c10c, have about 2K i call 150, llyod makes it 600 and i push - he calls with 55 - i hit a 10 on the flop - but he hits runner runner diamonds :(

who won it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Anyone know how many runners the DC is cool hand lukes has been getting?

3 to 4 tables i hope to make it in

who won it?

Ace2007 wrote:
    i was long gone but with the way he was hitin cards and the monster chipstack id imagine christy sith went very close

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Anyone know the length of the blind levels in the Saturday DC in Lukes??

Advertisement