Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Airsoft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 doyler09

i have a drill, i had all sorts of stuff down with me today, not sure when i will be able to get the van again tho, if we organise a day some day soon! we could get a good bit down if there were a few of us????:)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Might be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭JOHN MC

sorry about that lads i didnt hear the phone.we will have 2 arrange it better 4 the next time

@John: You need to plan how you want deploy them and f you want to use tme in sets of three making a small outpost or in pairs making l shapes or big long front lines...ect ect ect. and where they are to go.

We have a space behind some very large trees in our back garden. In there were 2 pallets:D

Tools:
    1xpower drill
    1xhammer OR 1x Staplegun

Method Place 2 pallets beside each other on a flat surface:
    DSCF3467.jpg
    They need to be joined at a strong point or if somebody leans on them they will break:
    DSCF3468.jpg
    2 screws in each joint, 3 joints per "unit":
    DSCF3469.jpg
    DSCF3470.jpg
    But there are still gaps, one old sheet does the trick, 10 small nails and a hammer for this:
    DSCF3471.jpg
    DSCF3472.jpg

And your done :) about 10 mins per unit max, 45 units approx. = 450 mins = 7 1/2hrs but thats for one person. 7 people and we'll be done in an hour.

Oh, and heres the test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,661 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Nice work! But I hate the idea of crouching behind pallets all day, so it would be great if we could figure out a way of making them two stories high and make some small buildings.
    Simply do what you've done there Bullet, except get a 6ft long 2x4" and screw it in the corner of the right angle. Then repeat the right angle ontop of those pallets and screw them to the same 2x4".

Then as the building gets bigger lengthways, simply add a 2x4" every second pallet or so to give it rigidity.

John also has some huge sheets of wood up there, what looks like 8ft x 4ft sheets. Some of those attached to a 2x4" frame would make a huge building with very little effort.

By the way, he has a lot of pallets....

pallets.jpg

If he has sheeting then make the "foundations", ie a single tier of pallets and use it to make it head height.

Practically though for them moment you'll have to crouch:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Are those pallets not extremely expensive, like 200 euro each? Also a two story building made out of them would be extremely dangerous, especially if their not treated.

Not if you put support beams in and when they pass their commercial usefullness you can get them for free I think.

Not if you put support beams in and when they pass their commercial usefullness you can get them for free I think.
    I'm not to sure what Voodoomelon is suggesting, but its doesn't sound safe at all, 2x4's are not support beams for a flour designed to take a persons weight, but i can't really picture what he's suggesting. The normal procedure with pallets is that once they become damaged they are salvaged to repair other pallets, that seems to be what they are doing next door to hrta. At the same time theres a lot of money in them so someone might be willing to off load old ones for free in order to get them out of the market.
    edit
    heres a pallet shed, 1 story.

• Advertisement

THE 2x4 IS NOT 2 SUPPORT A FLOOR ITS 2 PUT 2 PALLETS ON TOP OF EACH OTHER AND BRACE THEM TOGETHER ,I WILL BE DOING THAT TOMORROW SO IF ANY 1 AROUND IS AROUND TO LEND A HAND

fair enough, no need for the caps.

I wasnt trying 2 be smart the caps were just on

Dunno if i can get down tommorow as it relies on dad driving.

That's exactly what I meant Boston, I didn't mean to make a 2 story building with seperate floors, i meant just 2 pallet-stories high.
    I can't make it tomorrow either, have to go to a funeral.

BTW, that pallet shed is exactly what we need, a few buildings like that would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Well done and good luck.

Any updates/pictures for us John?

i have afew pallets up to hide behind and made 1 big hut out of the sheets of ply, i have pictures but cant get them up on boards.
    voodoomelon if your dropin down to the site let me know and ill meet up and get sim tips off you

I'll see what the story is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 joesoap1979

lots of fun to be had at drogheda airsoft park

th_100_0366.jpg
    100_0365.jpg
    100_0364.jpg
    100_0363.jpg
    100_0362.jpg
    100_0358.jpg
    100_0357.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

Well if you say so Anthony, I can't say I've played there myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,631 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You do know there's already a Drogheda airsoft thread here?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055125277

So there's no need for shameless 1 poster plugs!

Very good, except the gaps, the gaps of death.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

it was done in a hurry on behalf of the site. pics were requested so thats why it was y a new user because john didnt know how to upload them.
    Obviously wasnt aware of the other thread. combine the 2 if possible oisin

• Registered Users Posts: 34,631 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Was just having a bit of craic ;) Merged now.

Site looks like it's coming along well anyway. Really looking forward to giving it a go.

Nice one, sure does look like it's coming along nicely.
    I still long for a large wooden building that can be defended and attacked though.

Nice work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭davvowl

maybe get those thick cardboard sheets that they use in supermarkets to stack water bottles to cover the holes ? i duno if those are easy to get here...
    already seen those in use and bullets wont go through - unless you shoot from very, very close.

another good thing to use for obstacles is old doors
    maybe if someone knows about an abandonned factory or something, just go there and... loot the doors :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

whens the place looking to be open?

odonnell wrote:
    whens the place looking to be open?
    the place is open with ongoing work and the lads from central airsoft portal will be there on saturday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

maybe get those thick cardboard sheets that they use in supermarkets to stack water bottles to cover the holes ? i duno if those are easy to get here...

Ask any retailer, easy to g7et :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement