Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Airsoft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,661 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

JOHN MC wrote:
    its not harsh its just wen ur trying to sort out everything on ur own
    + with 3 kids it isn't easy any help would be great

Assuming my mate is free next week, both of us will head down and give you a hand if you like. We'll give you a call if we can make it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Site looks pretty sweet some of the landscape is pretty cool for some positions to get people i really wanna check it out he next time i can when people are heading out and im not working:p. Id also be up for helping with setting it up but its really hard to get from bray to drogheda easily without a car:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Assuming my mate is free next week, both of us will head down and give you a hand if you like. We'll give you a call if we can make it. :)

Yeah im the same.
    More than ready to get this setup.
    Im pretty sure we could get people out and spend a day doing it. Naturally free membership is a given :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I'd be happy to help if you need it too. I've plenty of experience with putting up temp structures, even pallet ones. I'll trade my airsoft gun for a nail gun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

NakedDex wrote:
    I'll trade my airsoft gun for a nail gun.

Just make sure you trade back before any skirmishes take place :p Danger, Will Robinson!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Awww, you never let me have any fun.

Though carrying around a 50litre compressor on my back would've been back-breaking unless I was defending anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Wow, missed some nice news while in france for 3 weeks. Good Job Spitfire. Now I'm starting a list:

IRISH AIRSOFT HEROS:
    NONEX
    JohnMc and his trusty sidekick SPITFIRE

This is off topic but if any of you have not yet taking your holidays and are going to france call into decathalon:
    asset_7489440.jpg
    Quess how much? I'll just tell you: €14! IMO thats great value for money.

Also got platypus hydration pack 2L for 20 and my brother got a 1L decathalon one for 8!(similar in halfords in blanch was 30!)

NOW, back on topic:

Spitfire: I suggest you buy an old shippping container for a lockup for any equipment that is to be left on site. AEGS could be left there or taken away.(Pred and barrage both use these, barrage's being hidden in the safezone). Personally I hate pallets as firing through the gaps is cheating but incoming fire can pass through, which technically doesnt count be you cant always be sure if they went above or around the side. On the other hand they are great for structural strength. If some could be aquired anybody or should i say any man, with a powerdrill can fit 5mm sheeting to the front. whole bunkers could be made by joining these units and firing ports could be cut. They would weather well if painted with fencing paint.

spitfire has a lot of work to do so i was thinking how many of you would be interested in doing a days work on the site to get it up and running if he so wished. Only say yes if you are truly willing to work. My dad is a DIyer so i could assemble the above with a drill and a jigsaw. The site needs to be cleared of scrub: weedkiller/strimmers. Unfortunately our strimmer is to small but somebody out there will have a large one. So, what you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

Lads, JohnMC is the one doing all the work and fundind it. im just helping him out and doing things for him so the credit should go to him not me.

I'm up for helping out for a day if my mate can bring us down, he said he'd help also. Will know tomorrow.

anyone who is offering help is best advised to contact john on the mobile number on the first page as he isnt on often due to being on the site working away.

And thanks again for all the offers

• Advertisement

It woul be properly worthwhile if we got say 15 or so and get stuff done. Any more volunteers.

Spit, ask him to check this tread in the next few days please.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭JOHN MC

As Spitfire Said It Would Be Best 2 Ring Me On 0857158768 As Im Out Doin Work On Site. Any 1 Who Wants 2 Help Can Drop Down All Help Would Be Welcome

Anyone know where to obtain pallets for cheap/free?
    Then get some "marine" standard MDF and a little paint.

But this needs to be organized!
    Volunteers:
    Lethal_Bullet
    Voodoomelon
    Add yourself NOW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Volunteers:
    Lethal_Bullet
    Voodoomelon
    DrPepper
    Add yourself NOW!

Good, Keep em comin.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Personally I hate pallets as firing through the gaps is cheating but incoming fire can pass through, which technically doesnt count be you cant always be sure if they went above or around the side. On the other hand they are great for structural strength.
    You can cover them with anything though, even a sheet would do the trick. I could see stuff growing on the sheet so that it would eventually blend in with the background.

I can get ye Plywood offcuts on a regular basis but most of it is fairly small (just over 2ft by 1ft by the looks of things), if sawdust is any use to ye I have loads of that too.

Old pallets are first on the list. after a certain point they are no longer safe to use and are disposed of, these are grand for us. Anyone know where we can get some?

What about the docks in Drogheda? I presume there is one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Go to any big building site and check the rubbish tips theres generally salvagable wood and other things too
    Or Factories after hours and have a look at the pallets any damaged ones will not be missed at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Old pallets are first on the list. after a certain point they are no longer safe to use and are disposed of, these are grand for us. Anyone know where we can get some?

There's hundreds of them piled up next door to HRTA.

• Advertisement

not sure how borrowable they are though i will enquire this weekend when im there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

not sure how borrowable they are though i will enquire this weekend when im there.

Dont take too many - they make for good cover ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 doyler09

Hello, i can get pallets from work, they are free all wee need is transport, i mite be able to get a lend of my bros van, but not sure if i can yet, i also have access to a heavy duty strimmer and hedge cutter, but again it is my bros and will have to ask first, is there a day set out yet for when the work is happening?

doyler09 wrote:
    Hello, i can get pallets from work, they are free all wee need is transport, i mite be able to get a lend of my bros van, but not sure if i can yet, i also have access to a heavy duty strimmer and hedge cutter, but again it is my bros and will have to ask first, is there a day set out yet for when the work is happening?
    As of yet there is no date due to lack of volunteers and the fact that John isnt on much.
    Where are these pallets??? Give john a buz and see if he has a trailer then he can bring ehough in two loads if not one once he packs them in well.

Volunteers:
    Lethal_Bullet
    Voodoomelon
    DrPepper
    Doyler09
    Add yourself NOW!

I Just Got About 90 Pallets Droper On Site So If Any One Wants To Lend A Hand To Sort Them Out Let Me Know

Yeah i am up for helping, vodoo mite help as well,are you about to-mo?? or is there games?

doyler09 im about 2moro so if u and vdoo can help that would be great and a mate of mine said he will drop down an give a hand just ring if use aer going

Hey John, me and Dolyer rang you 4 or 5 times today and there was no answer. We headed down in the van anyways from Dundalk with some tools and hedge trimmers and the like but there was no one there?

• Advertisement

90 pallets should make good cover...we have a cordless drill but the batts are knackered, do you have a working one?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement