Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Airsoft

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Drog Airsoft

Bring you snow boots " acording to the weather man?

Big Fibbers!!
    See yall later.
    Marko:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Ironman Collie

Great games today lads, well done. I never realised you could have so much fun with a shotgun, like I did today.

Keep up the good work lads.

I have a question regarding etiquette during a mission. I flanked up towards the enemy tower, and found Colin hidden in the bush, I wasn't sure at the time who it was, blue or green although I had a strong suspicion he was enemy blue. So as a green I said to him blue on blue to which he reply yes blue, so I shot him and got the kill. Was I right to call out blue on blue or is it frowned upon, I am still learning so I hope I wasn't out of order.

Thanks

(Blue on blue) is a phrase I only use in relation to a player shooting a player from the same team.
    In your case I would have asked "Green or Blue?" which may have been what Colin thought you said?:confused:. However Colin chose to answer you, which made your job of identification easier. Still a kill in my book.

Marko

Marko

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Thinking about your explanation what would happen if you had a feeling the guy asking you whether you were "green or blue" was an enemy so you lied about your colour and then shot him, would that be legal or a no no.

One more quiery. During play yesterday I was working my way forward through the tyre walls and upon reaching one a enemy called that he had hit me, I replied that I did not feel the hit (I will always take a hit when I feel it) he said it hit my vest, I saw him across the way and saw he was using a pistol so I immediately took the hit presuming I just did not feel the hit from the pistol. I would like to think I done the honourable thing trusting his judgement, but what is the stance when you genuinely do not feel the hit, considering the times you know you have hit others during play and you know that they felt it and they do not take the hits, please take your hits, the game only gets better for all when honesty is there.

Sorry about the questions, but the more I know now the less I P*@s people off during play.

Is there any photos around from yesterday at Drogheda. I know the lads from AIM were taking photos of the Viper Squad, I presume they were taking shots for a Viper feature, but were they taking any shots of the other games and players during the day. I was too into the games to notice if they were around during missions.

God I love airsoft!

Thinking about your explanation what would happen if you had a feeling the guy asking you whether you were "green or blue" was an enemy so you lied about your colour and then shot him, would that be legal or a no no.

A no no for defo! Thats right up there with holding up your hand and pretending you are dead and walking behind the enemy and saying "ha ha i was only joking!!" before you blow them away.
    One more quiery. During play yesterday I was working my way forward through the tyre walls and upon reaching one a enemy called that he had hit me, I replied that I did not feel the hit (I will always take a hit when I feel it) he said it hit my vest, I saw him across the way and saw he was using a pistol so I immediately took the hit presuming I just did not feel the hit from the pistol. I would like to think I done the honourable thing trusting his judgement, but what is the stance when you genuinely do not feel the hit, considering the times you know you have hit others during play and you know that they felt it and they do not take the hits, please take your hits, the game only gets better for all when honesty is there.

Honesty first. (all you can do is be Honest) Trust second (If anyone insists that they have hit me, i will take it and trust that they are being honest) As annoying as people with invisable bb shealds can be, I just try to be the best airsofter that i can be and i leave them to it.
    Is there any photos around from yesterday at Drogheda. I know the lads from AIM were taking photos of the Viper Squad, I presume they were taking shots for a Viper feature, but were they taking any shots of the other games and players during the day. I was too into the games to notice if they were around during missions.

Normaly i would be clicking away myself, but being a Viper Squad member myself i never got a chance because i was playing all day. It i a shame realy because it was a cracking day of quality airsoft. I'll bring the camera next week.

Marko:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Toherinator

Was down in your site yesterday. Have to say the terain is excellent lots of cover and the gorse is great for sneakin around, managed to take three guys out with 3 shots before they new what was happening. Will defenately be back again. Also people seemed be really good at takin there hits i no problems in that regard which is good to see.

I have one or two critisms. Fristly the ridiclious amount of time we had waiting around (in the cold). Maybe the fact that the viper squad were been photographed for take aim had a big factor in this i don't know. But every game took ages to start and all the reload breaks were too long. Another thing was the lack of information given to us before a game by marshalls. I had never played there before so i had no clue of rules of the games and the only way i could get to know them was by asking the other players who had played here before. For example i had no idea you could not shoot through gaps in the tire walls or get shoot through these gaps. On the last game i was completely confused about where i had to respawn and how many i had.

All in all though i think this is a really good site, i really like the terrain and i will definately be back again hopefully with a few more people.

That’s great stuff man. Thanks for all the complements my friend I’m glad you enjoyed the site and Yes, your right, all the delays were due to the photo shoot with the Vipers with a little bit of miscommunication thrown in. Lunch was supposed to be called but wasn’t when the vipers went of for the photos, so it turned into a silly waiting around time. Usually i do all the games briefing and rules but being the Viper Squad team captain i was posing in front of the camera with the rest of the lads. We do normally run a tighter ship and i would like to thank the lads for helping out. However next time you’re here things will go a lot smother. Thanks again for your comments and i look forward to seeing you again.

Marko,

Thanks for the advice, you are a true ambassador for the sport. You took one of my hits and indeed registered it, even though it was from a bit of a distance, hopefully all airsofters will take your honesty onto the field. I look forward to many more great days like Sunday.

Toherinator,

I agree with your point about the waiting, it was friggin cold waiting around that long and hopefully it was only because of the lads doing their photo shoot.

When you mention the three kills, was it beside the green tower on the second tower to tower game and to the left, I ask because one of my highlights was when someone took three guys out beside me and then they took him out, I was one tyre wall away from the third guy who was asking the marshall who happened to be beside him whether his hit counted because he claimed he had hit "you" before you opened up on him. So he was pleading his case with the marshall while crouched behind cover while the game was still on, so I bolted up and shot him with my shotgun, he took it fantastically with a laugh and said to the marshall "ah feck it, I am hit now anyway". It was classic.

Can't wait for the next day.

Marko, Thanks for the advice, you are a true ambassador for the sport. You took one of my hits and indeed registered it, even though it was from a bit of a distance

Thanks dude. However no amount of fluffing up is going to get you off my hit list. You're next!!
    MMuuuhhuuuhhhaaahhaaa.:D:D:D

Marko:D.

Ha ha. Bring it on!!!!!

• Advertisement

Oh! It's On!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Toherinator

Marko,

When you mention the three kills, was it beside the green tower on the second tower to tower game and to the left, I ask because one of my highlights was when someone took three guys out beside me and then they took him out, I was one tyre wall away from the third guy who was asking the marshall who happened to be beside him whether his hit counted because he claimed he had hit "you" before you opened up on him. So he was pleading his case with the marshall while crouched behind cover while the game was still on, so I bolted up and shot him with my shotgun, he took it fantastically with a laugh and said to the marshall "ah feck it, I am hit now anyway". It was classic.

Can't wait for the next day.

Unfortunately that wasn't me, it was in the thick gorse near that big trench in the middle of the site the three guys were makin there way up the trench and it was on the last game the mission game.

Games to be played this weekend. 14th & 15th March.
    Detonation
    4 point rolling mission
    Multiple capture the flag
    Double Tower assault
    Jail Break

Gates open 10am Sat and Sun.
    Walk on Fee
    Full day €20.
    Half day €15.
    Extras
    Rentals €20.
    BBs €10.

Lock and load guys! we'll see you there. Marko:D and John.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭johnboyire

Games to be played this weekend. 14th & 15th March.
    Detonation
    4 point rolling mission
    Double Tower assault
    Jail Break

Walk on Fee
    Full day €20.
    Half day €15.
    Extras
    Rentals €20.
    BBs €10.

cool game modes, Jail break? are you going all prision break on us? :p:D

johnboyire wrote: »
    cool game modes, Jail break? are you going all prision break on us? :p:D

Only if you're naughty!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭mafiaboy

no preison can hold us see TOP OF THE WORLD MA IM ON THE TOP OF THE WORLD

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭rogertegart

John,

I lost a double pistol mag (in coyote brown) today. It had a 8.2 mA battery in it. Did anybody hand anything in?

Roger

As far as i know it wasnt handed in Roger. I'll be on site tomorrow and i'll have a scout around.;)

Marko.:D

Whats that i hear you say? "You've built another tower!!" That's right folks Tower 3 is up and ready for action.
    Bring on the pain!!

Games to be played this weekend. 21th & 22nd March.
    Detonation
    4 point rolling mission
    Double Tower assault
    Jail Break

Walk on Fee
    Full day €20.
    Half day €15.
    Extras
    Rentals €20.
    BBs €10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Viper Benny

Whats that i hear you say? "You've built another tower!!" That's right folks Tower 3 is up and ready for action.
    Bring on the pain!!

great, hopefuly ill be down tomorrow morning for a few hours.

Sorry Larry. I havn't seen it yet.:( Mind you it is a guilly suit! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 38 WarMachine

Hi
    I was at Drogheda Airsoft last Sunday, The Third Tower will be great once finished. It will be hard to gain acces to the gravel area as no it is covered off by Two Towers. It will be interesting to see changes in tactics.

Last Sunday I was with the ARU Team and we had a lot of Fun. The new Multi Flag game was Great .

Thanks John and Marko for yet another great day out.

John thanks for the help with charging the batteries.

Cheers buddy. You'll be glad to hear that Tower 3 is totaly finished. Should be a great weekend. Looking forward to you nutters comin' up to us. See yis soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭fasterkayote_

john,
    TDK and elements of NAVSOG will be there sunday..

Drogheda Airsoft

Spring Special
    It’s Simple! €20 for a full days play. That’s it!!
    No “membership fee” necessary.
    Walk on fee
    Full day €20
    Half day €15
    Extras
    Gun Rental €20
    BB’s €10
    Offer ends 1st May 09.

Marko:D and John

Games to be played this weekend. 28th & 29th March.
    Detonation
    4 point rolling mission
    Double Tower assault
    Code Cracker

Walk on Fee
    Full day €20.
    Half day €15.
    Extras
    Rentals €20.
    BBs €10.

Hi

A big thank you to Marko and John for an excellent morning of Fun.

Games played today were Double Tower Assault and Code Cracker.

Also a big Thank you to our opposing team on Tower assault who were the TDK.

It was Great to meet you, hopefully we will meet again.

Code Cracker was interesting, not just shooting but a little bit of everything.

Great Day Thanks again

Will be back for more

WarMachine wrote: »
    Hi

A big thank you to Marko and John for an excellent morning of Fun.

Games played today were Double Tower Assault and Code Cracker.

Also a big Thank you to our opposing team on Tower assault who were the TDK.

It was Great to meet you, hopefully we will meet again.

Code Cracker was interesting, not just shooting but a little bit of everything.

Great Day Thanks again

Will be back for more

Well done to you guys (ARU) and the ATF guys on the first Code Cracker game. Code Cracked and transmited in 44mins 30sec, good job;);).
    Just to let you know the blue team didn't manage to crack it when the sides were switched after you guys left at lunck time. The Mighty ATF held them off till time out.:eek:
    Well done everyone, on a great days gamming.
    Shoot ya later!

• Advertisement

Hi Marko

Thanks for the update. I will see you soon, dont think Ill be there next week but will be back.

Cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement