Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Edge:You Think You Know Me,the Best of Clash of The Champions and the Best of King of The Ring have all been added to the US Netflix.Watched the Edge documentary earlier on and it's quite good.

Couldnt find that, starvie, was it definitely the US netflix?

Yeah its definitely the US one. Saw it when i was browsing through stuff last night.

Best of Raw and Smackdown 2011 was also added.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Search for You Think You Know Me.

Excellent, i got it. Cheers hombrés.
    Strange that it wasnt coming up on instantwatcher, i usually use that to search everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

575313_460194710658980_772841795_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

just watched edges dvd wow the main is a gent love to have a pint with him enjoyably stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Every PPV of 2011 is going for $39.99 on WWE.com,dunno what the deal is customs wise but super price for all that:

http://www.wweshop.com/item/2011-dvd-package/DVDMedia/50-09107

That is! But they are only region 1.
    Silvervision should have a deal similar to that up soon.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Beside MITB and maybe extreme rules I wouldn't watch 2011 again. Better off watching something you haven't seen in years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

CMpunked wrote: »
    That is! But they are only region 1.
    Silvervision should have a deal similar to that up soon.

Are DVD regions even an issue these days? It's really easy to make most players multi-region if you look up the model online.

2011 was a pretty poor year though and you'd nearly have to pay me to watch them.

TNA did a great deal a few years ago where you got the whole of 2005 and 2006 for $60 each. The PPV's around that time were great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Are DVD regions even an issue these days? It's really easy to make most players multi-region if you look up the model online.

2011 was a pretty poor year though and you'd nearly have to pay me to watch them.

TNA did a great deal a few years ago where you got the whole of 2005 and 2006 for $60 each. The PPV's around that time were great too.

Yeah I have the TNA 2005 pack here. No Surrender 2005 is apparently as rare as you can get.

Yeah I have the TNA 2005 pack here. No Surrender 2005 is apparently as rare as you can get.

Yeah the TNA sets seem to fetch decent money on ebay. I have the 2004, 2005 and 2006 packs and around half of 2007 I think. Stopped getting them around then. I have a good few of the Best ofs aswell.

Are DVD regions even an issue these days?

Would be if someone (a technophobe parent for example) was to jump at the chance at getting them as a present for a child or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Edge's documentary is really good, I'd recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it yet. One of the better one's WWE has made recently.

I always kinda liked Edge but he was never one of my favourites. Strangely enough that changed as he retired. There's one part of his retirement speech on Smackdown that I really liked. He said to the crowd "You know maybe I'll see you around sometime and we can grab a cup of coffee. Don't be afraid to come up and talk to me".

That was so cool of him to say that and something not many other WWE guys would say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

rovert wrote: »
    This isnt an ad (honest) but one of the legal/legal-ish larger seller of Japanese Wrestling on the internet who goes back years is IVP Video
    That guy safe/reliable to buy off? Can you recommend any other sites/sources like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

That guy safe/reliable to buy off? Can you recommend any other sites/sources like that?

Everyone I've encountered across the dozen or so 'rasslin-sites I've crossed, all swear by IVP. Their prices are crazy low. You can get a multi-disc complete history of GHC, for less than a quarter of the price of a WWE collection release.

Excellent historical resource too, they've got compilations of just about every major non-WWE (and even some of them too), coupled with full best-of on a rake of territories, from Memphis to Portland, to European and UK catch.

WCW best of clash of the champions is on the US netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Great watch too,though Dusty gets a bit annoying after a while!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Looking on the site he has a download with these matches on it... for free

Kenta Kobashi, Tamon Honda & Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs. Takeshi Morishima, Mohammed Yone & KENTA (NOAH)
    Giant Bernard vs. Yuji Nagata (NJPW)
    Ryo Saito, Dragon Kid & Genki Horiguchi [c] vs. CIMA, Don Fujii & Naruki Doi ( Dragon Gate)
    200 Light Tubes Death Match for the BJPW Death Match Title: Takashi Sasaki vs. Naoki Numazawa (BJPW)
    Mitsuharu Misawa/Kenta Kobashi/Jun Akiyama vs. Toshiaki Kawada/Akira Taue/Masa Fuchi (AJPW)
    Mayumi Ozaki & Dynamite Kansai vs. Toshiyo Yamada & Manami Toyota (Final Fall Only) (AJW)

looks worth the download

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Saw this and immediately thought of all of the tragic Attitude Era fans here. :p

WTC082-front.jpg

https://www.silvervision.co.uk/products/Austin-3-16-3-Faces-of-Foley-Break-The-Walls-Down-It-s-True-DVD-2-Discs.html

Nice price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Great watch too,though Dusty gets a bit annoying after a while!

After a while? He's the post painful personality in the history of wrestling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

my only issue with those ones is that they're barely an hour long each, and try cover too much in a short amount of time.

btw, they can be bought in HMV for €5 each if you only want 1 or 2 of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

my only issue with those ones is that they're barely an hour long each, and try cover too much in a short amount of time.

btw, they can be bought in HMV for €5 each if you only want 1 or 2 of those.

Yeah I picked up the Best of RAW vol.1 for a fiver. Weird having a WWE dvd with the stratch logo uncensored.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Golden Discs have them for €5 or €6 in single disc format. The double ones are anywhere between that and €10. But yeah, it's frustrating when they are so short. Worth a look though. I'm watchin The Greatest Tag Teams DVD at the moment, presented by The Miz & JoMo.

I must check out Golden Discs again, did really well there last Christmas!

Can't wait for the new London and Kendrick DVD!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

The shoot one or was that a really old trailer that I was looking at on You Tube there recently? They kinda remind me of Bill & Ted or Jay & Silent Bob, if there was just 2 Jays instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

only one DVD I really care about this year though

WWE1359-front.jpg

The shoot one or was that a really old trailer that I was looking at on You Tube there recently? They kinda remind me of Bill & Ted or Jay & Silent Bob, if there was just 2 Jays instead.

Yeah they've a new shoot one coming out. They're hilarious and really don't give a **** so it's quality viewing.

• Advertisement

Watched the new London and Kendrick shoot last night and it wasn't as good as expected. I'd imagine that was down to Paul London not drinking and he also seems to regret some of his past actions regarding the Hardy's etc.

They both seem like great craic though. It was hilarious when they were comtemplating kicking the crap out of HHH on a live Raw, would have loved for them to do it just to see what would happen! Not a lot of love for CM Punk either, they described him as the HHH of the ROH locker room.

Advertisement