Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish-polish relationships

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

hot polish women dwarfs

Whatever floats your boat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭zaratustra

is any girl here? I am wondering what is the women opinion about polish guys?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

zaratustra wrote:
    at this moment i am working on Irish - polish forum to put Irish and Polish people
    in touch with each other and discuss different topics or views.

link: www.irishpolishforum.com

It isn't ready yet but i am working on it. If you are interested take a look please...
    What did my eyes ever do to you?

Oriel wrote:
    What did my eyes ever do to you?

"It isn't ready yet but i am working on it. If you are interested take a look please..."

what's wrong. i don't like green. do you? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

credit to ya for having a sig in irish on your site :)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

as with anything there are exceptions, but in general i find polish women are much more fun once you get to know them, and do not carry on with the stupid petty bitchiness that irish women do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

ned78 wrote:
    Well, in Shannon Airport this morning there were plenty of Irish-Polish relationships in the queue for the flight to Lodz, so it must be more common than some of you think.

A handful of couples on a 250 plus passenger plane? Theyll pollute the gene pool beyond repair at that rate of assimilition :rolleyes:

As said, Ive never known anyone who had a full relationship with any, and could count on my fingers and toes the amt of couples ive seen (all Irish man- E E girl. Considering they must be a fifth of the population in my area it isnt a huge amount. Main reason being, the vast majority come with the partner)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

Tha Gopher wrote:

. Main reason being, the vast majority come with the partner)

and with baggage may I add. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

FX Meister wrote:
    Did you readf my post? Did you read the post I quoted? Obviously not, or else you can't pick up on sarcasm.

You're not particuarly good at being sarcastic.

Just back from Poland about an hour or so. Was speaking to a few ladies over there and I mentioned this thread. One of the reasons they believe that there aren't so many Irish Women/Polish Guy relationships is that alot Polish guys like to drink hard and Irish women are aware of this and it's an immediate turn off. I can believe this to be true to a certain extent, but I don't think it's the only reason.

magpie wrote:

Glad to see you back Magpie, you've been gone far too long.

• Advertisement

Tha Gopher wrote:
    A handful of couples on a 250 plus passenger plane? Theyll pollute the gene pool beyond repair at that rate of assimilition :rolleyes:

I don't believe Ned was saying anything of the sort. The OP stated that they believe that there are very few Irish-Polish relationships. Ned was merely pointing out he saw several while in the queue.

I feel pity for you that you feel the need to be smart with an honest straight forward answer. I can understand a smarmy answer if the poster was exaggerating, but this wasn't the case. Grow up sonny.

i didn't get any answer yet so i am asking again. What irish women are thinking about guys from Poland? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Glad to see you back Magpie, you've been gone far too long.

I thought you might appreciate that... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

One of my mates has been dating a Polish girl for nearly 2 years now and I have recently started seeing a Polish girl too. It really depends on the personality of the person. The girl I've recently started seeing, has a better sense of humour than any Irish girl I know and is completely down to earth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

eo980 wrote:
    I don't believe Ned was saying anything of the sort. The OP stated that they believe that there are very few Irish-Polish relationships. Ned was merely pointing out he saw several while in the queue.

I feel pity for you that you feel the need to be smart with an honest straight forward answer. I can understand a smarmy answer if the poster was exaggerating, but this wasn't the case. Grow up sonny.

Eh? Im of the opinion it was an exaggeration, so what :confused: Along with whoever posted about it being huge, and that perception is not always reality. For those with common sense perception i usually a good reflection on reality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭williambonney

Most of the eastern European girls I see about the place are lovely. I do hope most of them stay and intermarry. They will enhance our gene pool very nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

zaratustra wrote:
    "It isn't ready yet but i am working on it. If you are interested take a look please..."

what's wrong. i don't like green. do you? :D

Well, I think it's a good idea, and hope the site/forum does well. Nothing wrong with a green background either.

Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

What do you mean?! I've tried reading it with the 'old saying' written properly, but it still doesn't make one bit of sense.

The grass is always greener on the other side. Makes sense to me, as he was saying he found Irish women attractive, Irish men seem to find Polish women attractive, both make the same complaints about "their own" women... Still confused?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

zaratustra wrote:
    i am just wondering does anyone know why there is not too many
    relationships between polish and irish people?

Well indeed you might ask and as anyone that has ever been to Poland will tell it, the country can be naturally stunningly beautiful but there is also incredible squalor and breadline poverty in many smaller towns and villages. That said they are some of the most beautiful, intelligent, warm hearted and fun living people I've ever met.

I do hope more will stay and if only.............

Dobsa!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

zaratustra wrote:
    i am just wondering does anyone know why there is not too many
    relationships between polish and irish people?

Don't know what its like in the rest of Ireland but in Kilkenny alot of the Polish [and other Eastern Europeans] are very clanish and keep to their own. From my own experiences the Irish can be just as clanish

• Advertisement

that's big problem with the polish - irish relation ship. i think that it gonna take some time to improve the relations

zaratustra wrote:
    that's big problem with the polish - irish relation ship. i think that it gonna take some time to improve the relations

Well of course, you guys have been here pretty much en masse for only 3 years. It'll take more time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

zaratustra wrote: »
    i didn't get any answer yet so i am asking again. What irish women are thinking about guys from Poland? :)

I thought i might try to revive this thread, as it was kind of interesting, and without the usual "you racist , you pc brigade" going on

And to answer your question:

I'm a polish bloke, my girlfriend is Irish, we are 4 years together now and counting.

We oftne talked about this, with her and our mates and this is what they think about us:

We are lovely.

Swear to god, this is the world what they would use most often.

But on the serious note, from talking to irish girls i think the biggest problem poles face when they want to pick an irish girl is their own low self esteem.

A lot of us seem to have this immigrant/came from poor sh1thole country/my english is not good enough complex, which stops us from approaching irish girls.

I know I had it, it still pops out it's ugly little head sometimes, in the situation like meeting her parents, or friends, things like that. And it's not only in the relationship situations, but in everyday life too, but that's another story.

A lot of irish girls think we are grand, there are nice polish lads, there are assho1es polish lads, like in any other nation - of course it works both ways, there are girls who wouldn't be seen with the foreigner, but you know, that's their right, and their problem.

And I think this is why we see so little BF Polish/GF Irish couples. Im here 6 years, apart from myself, i only know one more polish bloke with an irish girlfriend.

BTW: i'm not trying to say i'm better than other poles, if it wasn't up to her we wouldn't be together now. Was just lucky :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

It doesn't seem to happen too much alright, I'm with my Polish girl now 2 years, but I know of only one Polish guy with an Irish girlfriend, probably for the reasons you came up with yourself. Good to hear from you, and from your experiences too.

ned78 wrote: »
    It doesn't seem to happen too much alright, I'm with my Polish girl now 2 years, but I know of only one Polish guy with an Irish girlfriend, probably for the reasons you came up with yourself. Good to hear from you, and from your experiences too.

Maybe it's me you know ;)

And thanks, was reading the boards for a while now, and decides it's time to start contributing. Stole your job and woman already, time to take over the Internet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭walt0r

Language barrier has to be the main problem. I've scored a lot more Lithuanian girls than Polish. Seeing one a bit at the moment. I think the Polish women are unreal as well. Great bodies, etc. and very friendly. They mostly like to stick to their own kind from what I can see

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

those two spud-heads (as the ruling twins are called in germany) are some kind of banana. but on the other hand - someone must have elected them...

Unlike us who elect selfless leaders who always put the good of the nation first

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Ninja_scrotum

ojewriej wrote: »
    Maybe it's me you know ;)
    Stole your job and woman already, time to take over the Internet :)

haha!

Why do nearly all the polish girls have boyfriends?? Every polish girl I have met has a boyfriend, usually made out of titanium.

It breaks me heart, cos they are so friendly and chatty in the places I have worked, so for some reason I guess that they might be single. When I'm just about to pluck up the courage to heat up the friendship a bit.... I find out that they have a boyfriend. They feckin' always have boyfriends!!

I think the main reason for the minimal integration between Irish and Polish is that they don't go to the pub! Come out to the feckin' pub ye fine lasses ye!!

Polski smak!!

haha!

Why do nearly all the polish girls have boyfriends?? Every polish girl I have met has a boyfriend, usually made out of titanium.

It breaks me heart, cos they are so friendly and chatty in the places I have worked, so for some reason I guess that they might be single. When I'm just about to pluck up the courage to heat up the friendship a bit.... I find out that they have a boyfriend. They feckin' always have boyfriends!!

I think the main reason for the minimal integration between Irish and Polish is that they don't go to the pub! Come out to the feckin' pub ye fine lasses ye!!

Polski smak!!

no they don't, it's just bad luck

Polish girls are shy - get yourself invited to the polish house party, this is where the action is.

you'll have to do vodka shots though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I live in north west england and the supermarkets have in recent months stocked up on polish items food ,beer etc so i am about to sample some of that polish beer which i am looking foreward to .

PS. I have no expierence of polish wimmin but there are plenty of them around :)

Advertisement