Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish-polish relationships

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭tomster

pithater1 wrote:
    TBH I've found quite the opposite,
    maybe I wasn't looking hard enough.

Also the polish accent...

I bet they find their accent very embarassing :)

Maybe the truth lies in the middle, as the old saying says: "The grass on the other side is always more green"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

tomster wrote:
    But... why? IMHO Irish girls aren't as moody as Polish, lovin a good craic, laugh and crazy nigts out, are more independent. That's why I find them very attractive.

And for God's sake, don't tell me about bodies, shapes etc., because the hottest birds I've ever seen were Irish. Here in Ireland.

Based on some of the nonsense ive read on boards re irish women, and foreigners traits in general, it makes me wonder whether ive just been exposed to a far greater amount than most people, as some of the stuff said is plainly absurd (unsurprisingly i find myself agreeing with this Poles views on Poles than the views of many irish on boards, and it would lead me to doubt certain things said). At times it was if i was a privilidged person in that I knew attractive irish women, or that id seen E European women as rough as bricks (generally though, as said, i think while Poland et al have a higher proportion of pretty girls and less ugly ones, we have a higher proportion of total jaw droppers)

I dunno, i find most E European girls good craic much like laid back irish women, alot less reserved and up for drinking compared to Italian etc. And Slovaks are out and out gorgeous lunatic women :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

tomster wrote:

Maybe the truth lies in the middle, as the old saying says: "The grass on the other side is always more green"...

You may well have a point there :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

tomster wrote:

What do you mean?! I've tried reading it with the 'old saying' written properly, but it still doesn't make one bit of sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭zaratustra

Polish girls are better during night lads. :D:D:D

• Advertisement

What do you mean?! I've tried reading it with the 'old saying' written properly, but it still doesn't make one bit of sense.

Well, I translated as good as I could, seemed to be understood by the person I posted that to.
    But maybe you're right, there's no point to write anything here until I'm fully "integrated". Sorry for posting rubbish.

zaratustra wrote:
    Polish girls are better during night lads. :D:D:D

tested both, no big difference, depends of the girl. Polish girls are famous of getting headaches about 9PM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

tomster wrote:
    Irish girls aren't as moody

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA *gaaaaasp*

Jumpy wrote:
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA *gaaaaasp*

I understand you disagree with my opinion? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭StephenC_IRL

aww, was at a job interview thismorning, those polish girls are hotttttttt, Id love a polish girlfriend

• Advertisement

aww, was at a job interview thismorning, those polish girls are hotttttttt, Id love a polish girlfriend

6 of 7 girls working in finances in my company are Irish, and I wouldn't mind to go out with all of them (even at the same time :) ), they're so nice and hot... I bet EE girls don't have monopoly for being hot. Personally (except Irish) I'd be delighted to get a sexy French bird...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭paul666

polish people are mostly catholics, are they strict catholics? like if u were to pull a polish woman and if she wasnt married that would mean u wouldnt be "gettin it" how many polish people are like that. percentage of strict catholics, practising catholics.?

I also heard that they are strictly against homosexuality. only recently a cartoon such as teletubbies was banned in poland because one of the characters was deemed as too girly and gay or something to that effect.
    so my question is what would happen if a polish guy came out. would he be put down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

zaratustra wrote:
    i am just wondering does anyone know why there is not too many
    relationships between polish and irish people?
    Yih, I know LOADS of Irish and Polish people together.

Immigration lesson No. 1: perception is not necessarily reality.

paul666 wrote:
    polish people are mostly catholics, are they strict catholics? like if u were to pull a polish woman and if she wasnt married that would mean u wouldnt be "gettin it" how many polish people are like that. percentage of strict catholics, practising catholics.?

I also heard that they are strictly against homosexuality. only recently a cartoon such as teletubbies was banned in poland because one of the characters was deemed as too girly and gay or something to that effect.
    so my question is what would happen if a polish guy came out. would he be put down?

It seems the younger poles are pretty perplexed about the whole tellytubbies thing.

As am I

• Registered Users Posts: 14 beldub

paul666 wrote:

"....only recently a cartoon such as teletubbies was banned in poland because one of the characters was deemed as too girly and gay or something to that effect..."

:) no one banned teletubbies.
    it was just unfortunate speech of one politician who said that it needs to be reconsidered if Twinki winkie is a homosexual or not.

yeah well political correctness is not a huge advantage of current polish government but...
    answering your question
    nothing would happened.... Poles don't live in medieval darkness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

beldub wrote:
    "....only recently a cartoon such as teletubbies was banned in poland because one of the characters was deemed as too girly and gay or something to that effect..."

:) no one banned teletubbies.
    it was just unfortunate speech of one politician who said that it needs to be reconsidered if Twinki winkie is a homosexual or not.

yeah well political correctness is not a huge advantage of current polish government but...
    answering your question
    nothing would happened.... Poles don't live in medieval darkness

Here here Click Here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Here here Click Here :D

those two spud-heads (as the ruling twins are called in germany) are some kind of banana. but on the other hand - someone must have elected them...

paul666 wrote:
    not too many :) Polish people aren't strict catholics.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

those two spud-heads (as the ruling twins are called in germany) are some kind of banana. but on the other hand - someone must have elected them...

The less well off, less educated older generation in the west of the country im told.

On the subject of irish polish relationships, i am currently in a long distance one, and i have to say i think polish people are amazing, with one in particular (smug grin)

the long distance sucks, but i love the polish way of having a laugh (cheap vodka) i love the polish sense of humour, and i especially love having a reason to visit poland every two months.
    zaratustra wrote:
    at this moment i am working on Irish - polish forum to put Irish and Polish people
    in touch with each other and discuss different topics or views.

link: www.irishpolishforum.com

It isn't ready yet but i am working on it. If you are interested take a look please...

there was a thread going around a few months back about polish lessons.....your site might be very useful towards this end.

i know i would be grateful to anyone who could help me learn polish.

LOTP wrote:
    The less well off, less educated older generation in the west of the country im told.

On the subject of irish polish relationships, i am currently in a long distance one, and i have to say i think polish people are amazing, with one in particular (smug grin)

the long distance sucks, but i love the polish way of having a laugh (cheap vodka) i love the polish sense of humour, and i especially love having a reason to visit poland every two months.

there was a thread going around a few months back about polish lessons.....your site might be very useful towards this end.

i can teach you a little bit of polish. Just keep asking questions on my webside. There is more polish people which are able to teach you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

They are special, but then if we sent Jackie out to European Parliment we'd get the same reaction.

"I tell you now Chancellor, it's a big list this year"

LOTP wrote:

In the same boat my friend.
    Also it is a bloody difficult language to try to learn!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

FX Meister wrote:
    Well I can't see what Polish chick would go out with an irish guy. All Irish men drink all day, are very lazy, ugly, smell and are crap in bed. FACT

You're a spa. FACT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

so EVERY irish man is like this????, what are you , an idiot?
    Did you readf my post? Did you read the post I quoted? Obviously not, or else you can't pick up on sarcasm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

cregser wrote:
    Have you been around as much as your sig?
    A little more actually. My sig has only been around a couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Cake Fiend wrote:
    You're a spa. FACT
    Banned.
    </modconspiracy>

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

tomster wrote:
    But... why? IMHO Irish girls aren't as moody as Polish, lovin a good craic, laugh and crazy nigts out, are more independent. That's why I find them very attractive.

And for God's sake, don't tell me about bodies, shapes etc., because the hottest birds I've ever seen were Irish. Here in Ireland.

We already know about YORE MA, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Well, in Shannon Airport this morning there were plenty of Irish-Polish relationships in the queue for the flight to Lodz, so it must be more common than some of you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Of course it is.....the amount of hot polish women dwarfs the entire irish population

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭johnplayerblue

Can't see why myself as they all seem to have square heads..

Advertisement