Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish-polish relationships

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I see quite a few Irish men with Polish women, but only a few Polish men with Irish women.

No idea why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

zaratustra wrote: »
    i am just wondering does anyone know why there is not too many
    relationships between polish and irish people?

Whar are you on about dude? Theres LOADS of them about the place! Go into Personal Issues and almost every thread begins with "I've been going out with a Polish girl now for...." :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

I see quite a few Irish men with Polish women, but only a few Polish men with Irish women.

No idea why.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

yeah, strangely enough it looks like most of the relationships are polish girl/irish guy but don't know any irish girl/polish guy couples.
    Maybe it's due to unrealistic expectations of polish guys about women? They think that girl should be tall, slim, blonde with (big) blue eyes <sigh>
    Irish guys are more realistic and feelings count to them more than looks. Plus they are more grown up than polish blokes of same age.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Just here to give my (irish, female) 2c on this. Haven't much experience with polish guys. Was chatted up by one at a gig a few months ago(although I suspect this was because he thought I was Polish), he was lovely. Didn't come across as the typical 'I'm coming over to chat you up' thing you normally get. His english wasn't great as he had only been here a few months and had no previous knowledge of the language. Having said that he managed to hold a pleasant conversation which lasted most of the night!
    I thought he was attractive(and isn't an exception, have seen a few other attractive Polish men in passing) but was already seeing someone else so declined any suggestion of romantic involvement with him. I would have liked to have maintained a friendship as we got on well and had some similar interests, but he never called, his loss :)
    My other half(Irish) is still the hottest guy I've ever seen and treats me wonderfully, and I don't plan on changing him for another man of any nationality ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Just here to give my (irish, female) 2c on this. Haven't much experience with polish guys. Was chatted up by one at a gig a few months ago(although I suspect this was because he thought I was Polish), he was lovely. Didn't come across as the typical 'I'm coming over to chat you up' thing you normally get. His english wasn't great as he had only been here a few months and had no previous knowledge of the language. Having said that he managed to hold a pleasant conversation which lasted most of the night!
    I thought he was attractive(and isn't an exception, have seen a few other attractive Polish men in passing) but was already seeing someone else so declined any suggestion of romantic involvement with him. I would have liked to have maintained a friendship as we got on well and had some similar interests, but he never called, his loss :)
    My other half(Irish) is still the hottest guy I've ever seen and treats me wonderfully, and I don't plan on changing him for another man of any nationality ;)
    Are you on the 'Know your nerds - posts with pictures only. NO CHAT EVEN WITH A PICTURE' thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

zaratustra wrote: »
    at this moment i am working on Irish - polish forum to put Irish and Polish people
    in touch with each other and discuss different topics or views.

link: www.irishpolishforum.com

It isn't ready yet but i am working on it. If you are interested take a look please...

I just want to meet a nice polish girl for sexual relations, can I meet like minded chicks on your forum? Straight in, no kissin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

FX Meister wrote: »
    I just want to meet a nice polish girl for sexual relations, can I meet like minded chicks on your forum? Straight in, no kissin

http://aycu31.webshots.com/image/31910/2004195839874078300_rs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Intothesea

I'd hazard a guess that foreign women in new countries tend
    to be 'taken on board' by the local populace faster then the
    men. Not for any reasons intrinsic to particular incoming
    nationality, but probably just because of the nature of
    relationships between the sexes. I.e. women are more
    open to the suggestion that marriage to a largely
    unknown (in the general sense) incomer could lead them
    into unknown waters situationally and financially. Men can
    be less circumspect in this regard, as generally men 'head
    up' the family.

More time for Irish people to oberve incomers should even
    out this phenomenon, as others have said.

/0.02

Advertisement