Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early morning scumbag call

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I think it's time to start looking for somewhere else to live gazzer... That guy that was killed on Saturday was a tragedy and my parents knew him well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

Personally I think the Guards have washed their hands of the scumbags and all they do, because of the mockery the law makes of the efforts of the Guards to bring said scum to justice. A relative of mine rang Guards to report a serious fight between scum on a green area near her estate. Guard " We'll try get the car out" 20 minutes later and serious killing going on. Relative phones again. Guard says " Is there anyone dead yet? Relative " Not as far as I know" Guard " Well ring us when there is!
    The likes of normal law abiding people are sitting ducks for guards when it comes to things like speeding, illegal parking etc etc. I'm not guard bashing-I blame the justice system and the civil liberties idiots. Arm the guards with tasers etc like police on the continent and see if that has an affect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

It will have to come to a head, remember the vigilante groups a few years back running drug dealers out of estates? we'll be doing the same for anti social scum soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Jackus

I live in the same area as gazzer. That was about one week ago about 2.pm. When I was in my bedroom i heard boom, and in a second later I saw 3 boys age 10-12 running away and throwing stones to other windows in houses along warrenstown and castlecourragh. They were running to Ladyswell and Spar direction. I called Gardai. when they arrive, i described those boys but of course they couldn't help me. Now i have small scratch on the glass in my window, but what's gonna be if they start throw bricks? Should we all wait in calm according the law "don't hit, it's a kid" untill somebody will be killed by flying brick in own house?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

To be honest I would love to get a gang together and teach the scumbags a lesson. However going down that road brings all types of trouble on you i reckon.

On top of that loads of people in the estate just bury their heads in the sand. They see things going on but wont do anything about it.

Fingal County Council promised the residents 10 months back that they were going to create a different access point between our estate and the estate beside us (where all the scumbags are coming from) but to date nothing has happened. I have emailed, rang, and even gone up to the council offices to talk to representatives and still nothing has happened. Its a disgrace

I mentioned at the last residents meeting that it might be a good idea to go to the local papers to highlight the terrible problems we are having but loads of people said no because they didnt want their houses devalued. What they dont seem to realise is that if they dont do anything these problems will escalate and nobody will be able to sell their houses.

• Advertisement

@ Jackus. Well last night in our estate seemed to be a free for all. From reading some messages on the website I set up for the area there seems to have been a gang of 10 teenagers on the rampage. Jumping on cars, trying to smash windows, trying to kick in doors. My window was smashed in by only one person though. I didnt see any gang around at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Jackus

It could be other scumbags. Smashing windows seems to be a new style of having fun in scumbag community. But what is the worst - my family is sometimes just afraid not only leave the house but even stay at home which is unsafe those days. I think we have to attract press and media to problems of our area and our scumbag neighbourhood. If anything will not change , I probably will move to other part of city. But I'ts painful for me, because we like this house and we used to like Blanch until now. Anybody has ideas what to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I don't get it Gazzer, why did you buy into an area years ago right beside a scum estate?

Did you not know the area well back then?

If i was you, i'd sell up pronto as the market is crashing, rent somewhere decent and then buy down the line with a profit in the bank from the lower price on a newer gaff in a decent area.

@gurramok.

When I bought my house there was no access to the other estate from our estate. There where huge iron railings separating the two estates. We never had any problems at that time and it was a fine place to live

A year down the line Fingal County Council took down all the railings, replaced them with 3 foot railings and created a walkway and access point between the 2 estates.

We were never consulted about this and ever since we have been trying to get the access blocked up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

gazzer wrote: »
    Somebody pulled the door of my car back to break into at around 1/2 this morning.. I didnt see anybody do it but only noticed it when i went to bed. Thankfully nothing was taken and I was able to fix the door.

Because of that I left my bedroom window open so that I could be alert for any more trouble... and trouble we got... a half hour ago I heard talking outside "Go on do it"... I looked out the window to see 2 scumbags one of which had thrown a rock through the back window of my next door neighbours car.. I shouted at them and they looked up at me, pulled their hoodies up and ran up into the scumbag estate next to us ....they stood at the corner up there and looked down to see what I was going to do.

I rang the guards and fair play to them they were here within 10 minutes....Think I will leave my car down in my parents for a while.. Its so annoying... You cant even relax in bed now cos you are waiting for something else to happen. Seriously sick of this place now.. Really thinking of selling up

was thinking of doing that after i ran into some issues with some local scumsbags with relations to a famous bank robber.... luckaly he was sound about it and it got sorted within a day....

hope it all resolves itself for you...

also theres Cheap ccty cameras on aldi.ie and car security on lidl.ie so tell your friends cause its rather helpful !!

not trying to be a bot but i think everyone can gain on this oppertuneity. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I mentioned at the last residents meeting that it might be a good idea to go to the local papers to highlight the terrible problems we are having but loads of people said no because they didnt want their houses devalued. What they dont seem to realise is that if they dont do anything these problems will escalate and nobody will be able to sell their houses.

You don't need to wait for the residents assocation, just go ahead and do it.
    Contact the Northside or Southside people http://www.dublinpeople.com/
    It's a free local paper and they just love anti-social stories.

Tbh, a lot of what they right is rubbish. Usually NIBMY's moaning about absolutly everything. And big, bold headlines designed to shock people like the Daily Mail.
    But your case is both interesting and relevent and I'd say they would send out a reporter and photographer to you.
    It's not a national paper so it's not exactly hard to get into it.
    It might spur the local Super to allocate a car to the general area but to be fair, they may be underresourced

Oh and property devaluation? I don't know where you live but it takes more than a newspaper story to get a bad reputation and also all property is losing value right now anyway

Best of luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

@gurramok.

When I bought my house there was no access to the other estate from our estate. There where huge iron railings separating the two estates. We never had any problems at that time and it was a fine place to live

A year down the line Fingal County Council took down all the railings, replaced them with 3 foot railings and created a walkway and access point between the 2 estates.

We were never consulted about this and ever since we have been trying to get the access blocked up.

You mean quick access between estates was the issue highlighted in the dispute with the council.
    However. there was always access when the both estates are right beside each other and in walking distance. (that Church Road comes to mind or coming from Warrenstown which itself is beside Corduff)

If the high railings were re-erected, they will mean diddly as the perpetrators can just walk another longer way into your estate or break the railings with whatever they have to cause hassle.

Now unless your high railings are built as part of a gated community rather than being fenced off in a small part, it might help to fend off easy access but that will cost money.

You had mentioned somewhere that most troublemakers were teenagers as young as 13, that would make sense that the area was quiet when you moved in(5yrs go?) as they were still too young at 8 or 9 to do bad stuff.

Bad areas have bad kids which come in cycles, you might have to face the same lot causing hassle now until they are 18 and they will get bored with vandalism and progress up the crim ladder to something else!
    That is until the next younger lot come up behind them to replace them hence the cycle continues.!
    This is bound to happen when the gardai cannot help and the council are ignoring the area.

I still don't understand why you would of bought there when the area your new estate in has had its past problems with a bad reputation for donkeys years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Good points.

Anyway care to guess why the Gardai have no problem punishing anyone who retaliates to violence while taking a much more lenient stance against those who instigates trouble?

Are the retaliators an easier target or what?

Pretty much. It's more difficult to prosecute against the scummer because he knows what's happening and will sit there and say nothing until the Gardai have to let him go.

You on the other hand as a decent law abiding citizen having your first dealings with the Gardai will throw your hand up to it and admit it was you who decked Anto. After that all you're really doing is mitigating the reasons for your behaviour. This will all consist of hearsay because Anto will already be released without charge.

It's a disgrace but there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

spockety wrote: »
    Scummers.

Where was this?
    donnybrook :D

I came back yesterday from a 2 week holiday yesterday to find out that while I was away my sitting room window was smashed in. My father had to come out to the house and stay overnight while waiting to get the glass replaced.

I dont know what to do at this stage. I have written to TD's, Councillors, Gardai. I have joined the residents association and we have been promised the son, moon and stars and still the problems are getting worse and worse.

I want to sell up and move but who the hell would buy from me?

Advertisement