Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early morning scumbag call

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

gurramok wrote: »
    At least over there, they'll get long prison terms without a doubt. Here they'll plead 'disadvantage' and get slap on wrist!

If even a slap on the wrist, its a fckn joke :mad:. I'm Irish, living with a divorcee in Germany who has 2 boys, 8 and 12 years old. She gets little or no support from her ex. Despite that she tells me that if their school grades begin to slip below a certain level, the social services will pay her a visit. If they determine she cannot cope, her kids will be taken away and sent to a boarding school, so as to prevent their education suffering as a result of possible neglect on her part. When I hear stories about some of the things the kids do back home, I can only ask, where TF are their parents ?? and why cant the law punish them, if not their kids ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

@120_minutes Yeah I live in CC Vale.. We are just unlucky that we live beside a council estate that seems to have a huge amount of scumbags... Luckilly I have lovely neighbours on either side of me which is great. Now if only I could have super powers and rid the area of the cancerous scum around us

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

As I said earlier. Spayvan. Don't let the f*ckers multiply. After 25 years tada! No scumbags!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭chasm

@gazzer If your council are anything like i have had the misfortune to deal with in my town i wouldnt rely on them to be any way helpful.
    I had fireworks put through my letterbox, thrown at me and after id boarded up the letterbox 2 more attempts. I contacted the council as i had been on to them for over 2 and half years to fix the streetlights as i believe this is encouraging their antisocial behaviour.
    (Last year the county manager of the council wrote to me stating it would be repaired by november 2006! Now it has been put back till 2008.)
    The lady in the council said all i could do re the antisocial behaviour was keep reporting it to the guards. She said "unfortunately this behaviour was the society that we live in today". WTF what kind of attitude is that to have, are we supposed to just shrug our shoulders and say ah well such is life!?
    I would assume your council has a policy on antisocial behaviour- which, if they are council tenants and they are found to breach can result in them being evicted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

chasm wrote: »
    She said "unfortunately this behaviour was the society that we live in today". WTF what kind of attitude is that to have, are we supposed to just shrug our shoulders and say ah well such is life!?
    Such is life if you are living in a good neighbourhood on a comfy civil service salary trying to fob off some poor bastid on the phone so you can get back to your game of solitaire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Alot of the time scumbags get away with their behaviour because the people (victims )live in the areas are scare of payback etc But if there was groups of citizens (hm hm ) willing to travel into other cities to lend a helping hand in area and cities they are not know.................
    There could be no payback etc.
    I am not suggest this are anything like it ....I WAS JUST THINKING OUT LOUD

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Alot of the time scumbags get away with their behaviour because the people (victims )live in the areas are scare of payback etc But if there was groups of citizens (hm hm ) willing to travel into other cities to lend a helping hand in area and cities they are not know.................
    Thats already happening, its just locals wearing balaclavas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

ROCKMAN wrote: »

Death wish a do. Hurls for every one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

I'm so sickened by these scum. The only way it will change is if people publicly jump off the PC fence. I find myself shouting at the radio in anger when I hear some do-gooder on The Right Hook or the like sticking up for these skangers and scumbags. They say there aren't enough facilties for the kids. WTF does that mean? I can't play badminton, I think I'll smash in someones car. an if someone like Padraig Nally stands up to them he's derided. I think he's a hero.

All these people who want to help disadvantaged families, my ar5e, they're disadvantaged because they're lazy sponging scum and the only working that should be done is working their ribs while someone holds their arms.

I remember one time having our house "nearly" broken into, one of us woke up and saw a white runner and one leg of a kappa tracksuit hanging in his bedroom window. The absolute sense of rage I felt that this little sh1t thought he could do this. If we'd caught him and slapped him around we'd be in touble because "His Daddy walked out on them and he has a learning disability". I'm tellin ya he'd learn fast enough tied to a kitchen chair with a pair of bolt cutters at his toes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭Ardent

kevpants wrote: »
    I'm so sickened by these scum. The only way it will change is if people publicly jump off the PC fence. I find myself shouting at the radio in anger when I hear some do-gooder on The Right Hook or the like sticking up for these skangers and scumbags. They say there aren't enough facilties for the kids. WTF does that mean? I can't play badminton, I think I'll smash in someones car.

Reminds of a joke by a stand-up comedian not too long ago...

Skanger on FM104: "Jaysis Adrian , we only go joy-riding because there's nothing for us young people to do in the area. We have great crack joy-riding though - we drive around Tallaght, past the cinema, past the bowling alley, past the youth club. Deadly craic! But yeah, there's no facilities for us young people..."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

kevpants wrote: »
    if someone like Padraig Nally stands up to them he's derided. I think he's a hero.

Me too, not because he killed a Traveller specifically, but I havn't heard much about pensioners being beaten and robbed in their homes, in north Mayo, since his mild mental episode. I wonder would if he'd be interested in doing a nixer ??:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

l3LoWnA wrote: »
    God I've been hoping a scumbag would rob my car for years now! No such luck, nothing exciting happens where I live :(

which part of galway do you live in?
    i'm well hard, i lived on the westside for a semester and a half

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Ardent wrote: »

Skanger on FM104: "Jaysis Adrian , we only go joy-riding because there's nothing for us young people to do in the area. We have great crack joy-riding though - we drive around Tallaght, past the cinema, past the bowling alley, past the youth club. Deadly craic! But yeah, there's no facilities for us young people..."

The stupid thing is all you need is a bit of grass and you have jumpers for goal posts or you can buy a badminton kit if that's your thing and set it up on a piece of green and take it down when your done.

The one thing there is a lack of is competitive clubs though at least out my way. There are plenty in the college but if your not in the college you can't join and there is feck all other clubs to join in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

brim4brim wrote: »
    The stupid thing is all you need is a bit of grass and you have jumpers for goal posts or you can buy a badminton kit if that's your thing and set it up on a piece of green and take it down when your done.

The one thing there is a lack of is competitive clubs though at least out my way. There are plenty in the college but if your not in the college you can't join and there is feck all other clubs to join in the area.

Even the inner city scumbags steal and cause trouble. Lack of facilities is a load of bollocks. Its all down to their Upbringing. If their parents allow them to associate with hooligans then thats what they will become.

I think in this day and age of the internet and social networking there is no excuse to be bored or not be educated. Problem with this country is everybody will talk but nobody will actually take action.
    Then again, I'm sure we'd see the Garda show up if hard working tax-payers marched on the Dail.

Doodee wrote: »
    I think in this day and age of the internet and social networking there is no excuse to be bored or not be educated.
    It may come as a shock to you but large swathes of the population have no idea whatsoever how to use a computer, nor any particular desire to do so. Many of the less advantaged don't even own one. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Ardent wrote: »

All the above require money
    obviously if you have money you can do many activities
    young people from disadvantaged areas have usually got what?
    a/ a lack of money.
    b/ a lot of money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

Rob_l wrote: »
    All the above require money
    obviously if you have money you can do many activities
    young people from disadvantaged areas have usually got what?
    a/ a lack of money.
    b/ a lot of money

what a loada crap. Where I am from one of the families wouldnt send the kids to school, they refused, the inside of the house was mank as they wouldnt clean up. They had brand new trainers from tokens they got for the shoe shop from the SVP while I was still covering the hole in my shoe with cardboard (who is disadvantaged?). Their fuel etc was provided for free and the father refused to work. They got food suppliments while most of the women on the street had an account with the butchers and paid back at the end of the week or month. My father got feck all for working in the 80's like alot of others but they still did it. Meanwhile I am the one with holes in my shoes. The answer to your question is they are scum regardless of what they have or where they live. Even if they are moved to nice areas etc they will ruin the place. Working is a disease to them and they are a disease to us, only problem is they reproduce quicker coz they have nothing better to do and we have to work harder and longer to keep them in trainers so they can tip toe around our houses and nick stuff while we are out working to pay for them. It is very simple logic but it is true.

dodgyme wrote: »
    what a loada crap. Where I am from one of the families wouldnt send the kids to school, they refused, the inside of the house was mank as they wouldnt clean up.

Oh come on one specific family one feckin case, explains everything.
    Hitler was an artist therefore by your same principle of one case = fact
    I can say all artists are deranged mad men:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

It may come as a shock to you but large swathes of the population have no idea whatsoever how to use a computer, nor any particular desire to do so. Many of the less advantaged don't even own one. :eek:

Libraries have computers that you can use and cyber cafes. Whats more library have books with information in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

Depending on where you live it might be worthwhile investing in a Guarda hat, or judges wig. One for the car and one for the house. Then should someone break in the think, "oh ****e, went after the wrong place" and bugger off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

In fairness to the scumbags robbing a few high powered cars and getting out of it nearly every day is probably a lot more fun than going to the cinema or libary

I mean who are we to judge

Buceph wrote: »
    Depending on where you live it might be worthwhile investing in a Guarda hat, or judges wig. One for the car and one for the house. Then should someone break in the think, "oh ****e, went after the wrong place" and bugger off.

I reckon if you had a garda hat on display in a car a lot of scumbags would break into the car solely for that reason. Having a garda hat as a souvenir would ensure bragging rights for months to come for that scumbag.

Also imagine the fun a scumbag could have with a garda hat, arresting his mates drinking dutch gold in the field or pretending to be a garda on his moped, oh the fun he would have

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

Valid point. I suppose it's more of a deterrant for career crims than scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

brim4brim wrote: »
    Libraries have computers that you can use and cyber cafes. Whats more library have books with information in them.

Your right, all this time we have been looking for some complex solution to the "scumbag" issue and all we had to do was set them up on bebo and myspace or if they were really hard nuts get them a face book, all anti social problems solved.

who new?

god bless all the internets

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

azezil wrote: »
    Its time like this that I'm really glad I live in Blackrock :)

Totally agree. The worst I've had to deal with is a couple of drive by eggings.

Attol wrote: »
    Totally agree. The worst I've had to deal with is a couple of drive by eggings.

Ah I am certainly partial to a good drive by egging, great fun used to always go around in about 4 cars egging people [weren't allowed to go out drinking due to rugby so we had to occupy ourselves somehow] it was great because the first car would go by egg the people and they would think its all over but then the next would come, and the next and the next, genius.

Then one day we decided to egg Ballymun, it was hilarious loads of scumbags were chasing our car on their bikes it was brilliant.

We got caught in Jobstown once, luckily by the garda though. they threatened to take the car and make us walk home but then they got a more urgent call and had to go needless to say we continued to go about our business

SpAcEd OuT wrote: »
    Ah I am certainly partial to a good drive by egging, great fun used to always go around in about 4 cars egging people [weren't allowed to go out drinking due to rugby so we had to occupy ourselves somehow] it was great because the first car would go by egg the people and they would think its all over but then the next would come, and the next and the next, genius.

Then one day we decided to egg Ballymun, it was hilarious loads of scumbags were chasing our car on their bikes it was brilliant.

We got caught in Jobstown once, luckily by the garda though. they threatened to take the car and make us walk home but then they got a more urgent call and had to go needless to say we continued to go about our business

I dont believe this story for many reasons!

Rob_l wrote: »
    I dont believe this story for many reasons!

Yes because its so extraordinary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

egging is for idiots!
    are you 12? ffs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Anyone here familiar with the book 'Freakanomics' by Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner?

Interesting link found in the US between scum breeding like rabbits
    and having unwanted kids and crime rates. When abortion was
    legalised the noticed a drop in crimes 18 years later. They reckon
    the legalisation of abortion led to 30-40% decrease in crimes.
    Obviously this is rather controversial in 'Catholic Ireland'.

I can;t help thinking how this combined with a New York style
    zero-tolerance approach to all crime might help.

Interesting article on ABC News
    Another here Wiki link (usual wiki caveats apply)

Advertisement