Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early morning scumbag call

Options
  • 23-06-2007 7:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭

Somebody pulled the door of my car back to break into at around 1/2 this morning.. I didnt see anybody do it but only noticed it when i went to bed. Thankfully nothing was taken and I was able to fix the door.

Because of that I left my bedroom window open so that I could be alert for any more trouble... and trouble we got... a half hour ago I heard talking outside "Go on do it"... I looked out the window to see 2 scumbags one of which had thrown a rock through the back window of my next door neighbours car.. I shouted at them and they looked up at me, pulled their hoodies up and ran up into the scumbag estate next to us ....they stood at the corner up there and looked down to see what I was going to do.

I rang the guards and fair play to them they were here within 10 minutes....Think I will leave my car down in my parents for a while.. Its so annoying... You cant even relax in bed now cos you are waiting for something else to happen. Seriously sick of this place now.. Really thinking of selling up
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Scummers.

Where was this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Good on you for your neighbourhood watch. I hope they were caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

@Spockety. I live out in Mulhuddart in an estate called Castlecurragh.

@Boreds... The guards from the description I gave seemed to think it was some guy from the neighbouring estate that is on temporary release from prison.

I wouldnt be surprised if my sitting room window gets smashed tonight cos I 'ratted' on the b*stards... It was smashed in last month(though I dont know why)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

...and you're only thinking about selling up?

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Im quite surprised the cops told you it was probably a guy on early release. Doesnt make the justice dept seem the full shilling does it.

• Advertisement

@Mike65.... well there have been a couple of incidents this year so I have been thinking about moving for a while to be honest.. The last 7 weeks though have been fine and our residents committee had met with the guards to discuss the anti-social behaviour and they were patrolling more etc... So things were looking better and then this morning happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

gazzer wrote:
    @Mike65.... well there have been a couple of incidents this year so I have been thinking about moving for a while to be honest.. The last 7 weeks though have been fine and our residents committee had met with the guards to discuss the anti-social behaviour and they were patrolling more etc... So things were looking better and then this morning happened.

Were you at the meeting in the church last week? To be honest I don't see much more of a Garda presence around. They broke a window in my dads van a while back and my neighbours cars have been robbed a couple of times also.

@adrieanne_x... Yeah I was at that meeting.. I asked a few questions at it.

Are you in Castlecurragh as well or living nearby??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭bandit*baby

Fu*king knack bags ....

it crap that thse asrehole can run you out of your home

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Scum like this should be fúcking shot. Nothing but a waste of fúcking organs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Seriously, join my lobby group for the legalisation of scumbag hunting. The more you kill, the more you get off any community service you may encounter in later life. Like a credit system or something...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

obl wrote:
    Seriously, join my lobby group for the legalisation of scumbag hunting. The more you kill, the more you get off any community service you may encounter in later life. Like a credit system or something...

Where do I sign?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

i like it

gazzer wrote:
    @adrieanne_x... Yeah I was at that meeting.. I asked a few questions at it.

Are you in Castlecurragh as well or living nearby??

My mother was at that meeting also. I was working so she told me about it. I'm not in Castlecurragh, I'm in Wellview. It's one of the worst parts of Mulhuddart. Parslickstown and Castlecurragh get off lightly, in Wellview and Ladyswell it's much much worse. Drug deals go on outside my grandmothers house, there's gangs of teenagers/adults that sit on the wall outside my house drinking untill the early hours of the morning. It's terrible up here, really and truly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

obl wrote:
    Sort of Unreal Tournament style then? Sounds like the way forward.

I used to live up around there, in the Saddlers. There was always scumbags from Corduff hanging around, broke into a few house in the eight months I was there. Seems things have gotten worse now then.

Saddlers would be the most reserved part of Mulhuddart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Nordie

My mother was at that meeting also. I was working so she told me about it. I'm not in Castlecurragh, I'm in Wellview. It's one of the worst parts of Mulhuddart. Parslickstown and Castlecurragh get off lightly, in Wellview and Ladyswell it's much much worse. Drug deals go on outside my grandmothers house, there's gangs of teenagers/adults that sit on the wall outside my house drinking untill the early hours of the morning. It's terrible up here, really and truly.

I'm in Parslickstown and its just as bad, a few of us have had our front windows put in on several occasions, I've also had my car damaged and car window smashed by a brick meant for one of the neighbours, we also have the kids sitting on the walls drinking and our gardens are constantly littered with broken beer & spirit bottles. We have been phoning the Gardai and writing to the local Councillors & TDs to do something for the past few years and finally they are holding meetings, I hope some form of action comes from the meetings as we are all at the end of our tether at this stage. We don't want to move and why should we let these scumbags put us out of our homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Earlier today I had to make a run at a few scumbags too, there was a group of them (approx 6 or 7) aged between 7 and 14 standing in an area behind my street throwing stones into mine, and my neighbours gardens!! (this wasnt the first time!)

I have a 93 year old neighbour on one side who likes to go out into her garden now and then, a family with a couple of young children on the other side. Now you can imagine if one of them were to get a stone into the face!!

I ran out after them, let a shout to which I was greeted with a hail of abuse, curses and another couple of stones. I've learned though that if you return to the animal instints and just stare them down without saying anything it freaks them out and they move off ;)

Theres a new 'meeting place' in the area behind my street where all the local scum come with there souped up cars to cause trouble, intimidate and do the odd drug trade I'd imagine. Guards wont go near them, and they aint afraid of the guards. Already 2 people have moved out of there homes in that area due to there cars and houses being damaged.

Scummers the lot of them, and there parents living within shouting distance in most cases!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

jor el wrote:
    Sort of Unreal Tournament style then? Sounds like the way forward.

I used to live up around there, in the Saddlers. There was always scumbags from Corduff hanging around, broke into a few house in the eight months I was there. Seems things have gotten worse now then.
    Ah Saddlers is nowhere near as bad as Ladyswell, a mate of mine used to live their and I spent loadsa time hanging round his house and estate, never a bit of bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Ah Saddlers is nowhere near as bad as Ladyswell, a mate of mine used to live their and I spent loadsa time hanging round his house and estate, never a bit of bother.
    It was 1998 when I lived up there. I remember people were thinking of forming a neighbourhood watch where they keep an eye out for Johnny Scumbag and his mates at the time. Don't know if it ever happened though.

I live in Limerick now, and as bad a name as this place has, I've never found it to be anywhere near as bad as Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Nordie

Saddlers is fairly okay and no trouble as its private housing, you might have got the break-ins and that but its like Beriut up here in on the hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,422 ✭✭✭✭cson

Open season twice a year ftw.

Control the scumbag population.

Earlier today I had to make a run at a few scumbags too, there was a group of them (approx 6 or 7) aged between 7 and 14 standing in an area behind my street throwing stones into mine, and my neighbours gardens!! (this wasnt the first time!)

I have a 93 year old neighbour on one side who likes to go out into her garden now and then, a family with a couple of young children on the other side. Now you can imagine if one of them were to get a stone into the face!!

I ran out after them, let a shout to which I was greeted with a hail of abuse, curses and another couple of stones. I've learned though that if you return to the animal instints and just stare them down without saying anything it freaks them out and they move off ;)

Theres a new 'meeting place' in the area behind my street where all the local scum come with there souped up cars to cause trouble, intimidate and do the odd drug trade I'd imagine. Guards wont go near them, and they aint afraid of the guards. Already 2 people have moved out of there homes in that area due to there cars and houses being damaged.

Scummers the lot of them, and there parents living within shouting distance in most cases!!

I'm glad you said "in most cases" as my grandmother lives within shouting distance and we are deffinetly not "Scummers". Do you live in Mulhddart also? I hope you don't get targetted because you let a shout at them. Unfortunatly more than likely you will though. These people take pride in terrorizing the people who stand up to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

I have experienced this kind of anti-social behaviour only once in my 8 years here in Ireland and only in one particular area. burgled my house, disrespecting the boundaries of my property, terrorizing the neighbourhood, at least 2 burning cars every three months etc.

I had dreams about moving whole truck-loads of our German soldiers in and clean out the area....but then I just moved after 2 years ;)

I know exactly what it means not to go to bed and sit at the window waiting for something to happen. Particularly, once they know you are a foreigner. They broke into my house during daytime so I was also very reluctant to leave the house during daytime in case they come back and I truly wanted to catch them. Funny thing is, some neighbours knew who it was but wouldn't say anything. Before I left that area I became involved in the newly established Neigbhourhood Watch. That was a good thing but still felt helpless. It also had a bad effect on my health (the anti-social behaviour I mean, not the NW).

It's a pity that the only thing you can do is move. By standing up to them I became a target for 2 years.

Best,
    Preusse.

It makes me so mad that these scumbags are going around creating havoc for us out here and me and all my neighbours are working all week to pay off hefty mortgages.. I leave my house at 8am and get home at 7.30pm Mon - Fri.. Im paying a mortgage of 1400 euro a month and have to put up with all this **** in our estate.. I know I might sound like a snob but I would love to get a huge barrier put up between our estate and the Dromheath estate beside us.. Thats where all our trouble seems to be coming from.

I go to all the residents meetings, local area meetings and some of the stories i hear from neighbouring estates (Wellview, Parlickstown etc) would make your hairs stand on end.. The council seem to do nothing for the tenants of their houses and because we are private residents our only avenue seems to be the gardai and they cant be everywhere at once..

A lot of my neighbours seem to be too afraid to do anything about the trouble and would rather turn up the tv to drown out the sound of somebody outside screaming for help.. WTF is going on at all??? Those scumbags are like vampires.. they come out at night while the rest of us are asleep and they sleep during the day while the rest of us are in work/college etc... Something needs to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

gazzer wrote:
    Somebody pulled the door of my car back to break into at around 1/2 this morning.. I didnt see anybody do it but only noticed it when i went to bed. Thankfully nothing was taken and I was able to fix the door.

Because of that I left my bedroom window open so that I could be alert for any more trouble... and trouble we got... a half hour ago I heard talking outside "Go on do it"... I looked out the window to see 2 scumbags one of which had thrown a rock through the back window of my next door neighbours car.. I shouted at them and they looked up at me, pulled their hoodies up and ran up into the scumbag estate next to us ....they stood at the corner up there and looked down to see what I was going to do.

I rang the guards and fair play to them they were here within 10 minutes....Think I will leave my car down in my parents for a while.. Its so annoying... You cant even relax in bed now cos you are waiting for something else to happen. Seriously sick of this place now.. Really thinking of selling up

Thats great,

why are you posting this on boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I few shots fired into the air from a rifle/starting pistol will discourage them for ever. Just have a second person hit them with paint balls full of cows blood.

Skanger 1: Lets burn his car!
    Skanger 2: Yeah!
    Average Joe: Not on my watch! *Fires into air*
    Average Joan: I hit him in the face. :)
    Skanger 1: I've been shot!
    Skanger 2: Sh*t!
    Skanger 1: Lets go get some cheap beer.
    Skanger 2: Alright!

*Skangers dance off into the sunset blissfully unaware of what was done to their groins...*

Thats great,

@Ntlbell ?? why wouldnt I post it on boards???

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

gazzer wrote:
    Thats great,

@Ntlbell ?? why wouldnt I post it on boards???

I don't see the point?

why not post to something like flatrate.ie and rate the area or something where it's usefull there's enough random noise on boards without every single person reporting any anti social behaviour they witness or are victim to.

• Advertisement

Ntlbell.. What do you think should be discussed on AfterHours then??? . Maybe it doesnt affect you but Anti Social behaviour affects a hell of a lot of people and I for one think it is something that should be discussed. You dont have to read it if you dont want to...

Advertisement