Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early morning scumbag call

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

ntlbell wrote:
    I don't see the point?

why not post to something like flatrate.ie and rate the area or something where it's usefull there's enough random noise on boards without every single person reporting any anti social behaviour they witness or are victim to.

Because he didn't want to rate the area, he wanted to vent about it and luckily enough he has other people from the area on here to vent to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

ntlbell wrote:
    Thats great,

why are you posting this on boards?

whats your problem. His post is interesting and deals with a subject which alot of people experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭strangeloop

gazzer, I understand your frustration. I live on the same estate, paying a huge mortgage, management fees and taxes and having to live intimidated by these people. To me the legal system has completely failed as it allows them to walk free.

I have found the gardai to be excellent in resolving problems.

I would love to see a high railing separating castlecurragh from the surrounding estates but I can't see this happening.

That would just make you guys more prone to the behaviour, they'll go the long way in and do even worse things because they'll think that you're trying to make the point that you're better than them.

It's not only the people with big mortgages that are being targetted. It's also the ones in the council houses. How do you expect the scumbags to differ between them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,587 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Without resorting to the old chestnut "I couldn't afford anywhere else" - why do you guys move into these godforsaken areas in the first place? Where was the basic research pre-purchase that would have identified these kind of problems??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You never really know what a place is like until you mobe into it.
    If you have the name and adress of a county council tenant then you can make a complaint about them to the county council and eventially they will be moved.

The trouble is in iding the 'scum' that are causing such problems.
    There are simply not enough garda in the whole dublin 15 area one station of a place that has nearly twice the number of people as Limerick city.

So the latest in Wellview...

Some little scumbags robbed a car and parked it in the park right in front of my house. Just left it there. Then about an hour later three teenage scumbags came and started kicking in the windows of the car, so my dad went out to them. He told them to "F*ck off and stop causing trouble in the estate." To which they replied, "Oh we're moving it up the park." So my dad said "Yeah looks like it when you're kicking the windows in, just f*ck off causing trouble." They then started to cover up their faces with their jumpers to which my dad remarked "Bit late to be doing that now I already know what you look like. You idiots." They then proceeded to kick the rest of the windows in and then walk away.

We debated on ringing the Garda but decided it wouldn't be worth the while since they'd only arrive two hours later when the car was burnt out (as it inevitably would have been) but someone else decided to ring them and they arrived five minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

@ adrieanne_x... You have my sympathies.. As bad as Castlecurragh is getting I know Wellview gets some major trouble from scum... Do any other people come out when your dad was giving out??? The trouble I seem to have is that nobody else up my way except for me and the other people in the house seems to do anything when they see people throwing stones at the buses, or ****ting outside their houses or writing graffiti on their windows or breaking into/smashing windows/cars.

@ gazzer... No, they didn't, which is suprising as we know all our neighbours, we've been living here the last 20 years as have all of them. They just sat in their houses twitching their curtains. I guess it's a fear thing. They fear that if they go out and give out that they will be targetting specifically.

Big garda presence up at the roundabout near my house at junction of Ladyswell and Church Road this morning.. Heard on the news that a pipe bomb was thrown at 2 guys who were walking down the road just after 8.30 this morning

• Advertisement

Yeah, bomb squad evacuated the area and brought it under control. It was in a lucozade bottle, of all things. Apparently it was a squabble over the Dublin match yesterday and they followed the guys home.

A Lucozade bottle ?? No way.. LOL.. Those bloody Dub fans :D

May have been a bit farfetched really, got the lucozase bottle theory off my little sister and brother who were on their way to school at the time. It was a pipe bomb.

Im bringing my dog out for a walk in a bit so will see if the road is still closed.. Hope I dont have to walk over to Blanch to get a bus into town later

If Ladyswell Road is still closed (dont think it is, my dad is gone out and he hasn't come back yet), then you won't have to walk to Corduff to get the bus. But if it is... have fun waiting for a bus in Corduff!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Will you two get a room !!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Invest in a gas powered air rifle. These things can be loaded with steel BB pellets, making getting shot with one extremely painful but non lethal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Plissken1

Find out where they live, thats what I had to do, it took me four months, but its worth it for putting your nerves at ease. I have had no trouble since. I confronted them before, but they just throw abuse back and run off. Then I confronted one of them at his own front door, the look of shock on his face alone was priceless, and worth it.

I have to say though, the Garda have been excellent. But they cannot be everywhere at once, people in the area also have to take responsibility and become the Garda eyes and ears.

I actually have a list now of where the main trouble makers live, you find that there is always a hardcore element who the rest follow. I have it in case there is any escalation, because you just never know when they may decide to come back and start agro all over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

I'm surprised that a "Guardian Angels" type thing hasn't sprung up in Dublin with our incessant knacker-related problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

DarkJager wrote:
    Invest in a gas powered air rifle. These things can be loaded with steel BB pellets, making getting shot with one extremely painful but non lethal.

Not that your advocating violence in any way ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Massive problem in Ireland & the UK with scumbags ..
    its a simple reason.

Benefit.

Govts in IRL & UK give more benefit money to knackers the more kids they have
    and those scumbags just keep having kids to get more €€.

I live in Spain.

Here benefit is not awarded by amount of children (in fact benefit is proportional to how much you have worked, so you can't just live of the govt.), so if you are poor you can only have 1 or 2 kids .. so they're is fu*k all knackers here.

sure they're is bad areas but you don't get the HUGE numbers of scummers you get in Ireland and UK ..

The Govts really have to think about the benefit system because IRL is turning fast into a society of scum , I was back in Dublin for the june bank holiday weekend and the amount of scum i saw on the trains going to the beaches and drinking and puking on the trains was an absolute disgrace.

My advice . if you want property in IRL get a flat .. that way not as much
    annoyance from these little sub human f*cks ..

You need a couple of good men to take these c*nts up to the mountains,
    put 1 bullet in the back of their heads .. and bury the little c*nts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Amen Jackdaw.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Plissken1 wrote:
    Find out where they live, thats what I had to do, it took me four months, but its worth it for putting your nerves at ease.

I'm interested. How exactly did you find out where they lived?

He probably staked them out for a while, followed them in the car or something. Madness.

Jackdaw, child benifit in Ireland is paid to everyone not just poor people/scumbags. And it's awarded on the basis that 1st and 2nd child get most then each additional child gets a specific amout.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

mike65 wrote:
    ...and you're only thinking about selling up?

Mike.

sounds like a lovely area what are you on about? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

obl wrote:
    Seriously, join my lobby group for the legalisation of scumbag hunting. The more you kill, the more you get off any community service you may encounter in later life. Like a credit system or something...
    I prefer my idea of a spay van going around, much more humane than mass murder you see but we can't go and allow them popping out 12 identical scobes with no hope.

When people say these people have no chance in life, surely it's cruelty to let them breed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Plissken1

Beruthiel wrote:
    I'm interested. How exactly did you find out where they lived?

**** me its not rocket science, this is Ireland not the ****ing Australian outback, you just wait for them to cause trouble and follow them home.:p

It took months, because typical scummers sometime stake detours to the chipper or they would leg it down a side street.
    Eventually you find out where they live, I mean this country is tiny and the Irish nosey, these things combined, someone always
    knows something, and once the tables are turned on these guys you find that they aint so tough.

I also find that most people in my area will patch up their window, or their scratched car or what ever, and just hope it wont happen again, but it always does. Most people are too busy getting fat watching cable TV to do anything about the vandals & scum in our area. All I did was, I took action and followed them. And they stay away from me now. I now know who they are, and I got some excercise at the same time !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

magpie wrote:
    I'm surprised that a "Guardian Angels" type thing hasn't sprung up in Dublin with our incessant knacker-related problems.

I'm surprised we don't have a batman.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Govts in IRL & UK give more benefit money to knackers the more kids they have
    and those scumbags just keep having kids to get more €€.

Maybe we can have it the equivilent benefit is deducted for each scumbag kid that breaks the law. Therefore to claim the more £££ (? where my euro signs?) you need to keep your kid in check.

course one would say thats discrimination towards unemployed families over the ones with scumbag kids and are employed.

And its also the matter of actually getting the legal system to admit the kid has broken a law.

But it will get the parents enforcing rules rather then the kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

scumbag generations also progress quicker than normal folk.

e.g scumbag mother gives birth at 15-20, normal is 25-30.

So in the space of say 45 years, you have 3 generations of scumbags, where normally you'd have 2.

@Plissken1 - what did you did at the scummers house ?

Advertisement