Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Unsuccessful - post here

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Finally passed in Raheny, 5th time!

I know this is technically the wrong thread to be posting about passing but seeing as I've been around here a while now I wanted to come by and say thanks to everyone who was so supportive to me!
    Congratulations!! :):) And best of luck on your travels!
    Stephen15 wrote: »
    Fair play I have my second test tomorrow. I think I'll fail as I think I need more practice I wanted to cancel it but remembered you need to give 10 days notice in order to get your money back so I might aswell do it now but I'm honestly dreading it.
    Good luck tomorrow!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Posy wrote: »
    Good luck tomorrow!!

Well unfortunately it wasn't to be got a grade 3 for doing something admittedly stupid on a roundabout which is a real pity as I would have passed otherwise. Other than that I drove well was impressed with the new test centre in Dun Laoghaire seemed to be lots of testers there who all seemed to be quite friendly and enthusiastic. Hopefully I can replicate the same drive next time minus the grade 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Well unfortunately it wasn't to be got a grade 3 for doing something admittedly stupid on a roundabout which is a real pity as I would have passed otherwise. Other than that I drove well was impressed with the new test centre in Dun Laoghaire seemed to be lots of testers there who all seemed to be quite friendly and enthusiastic. Hopefully I can replicate the same drive next time minus the grade 3.

Curious, What happened on the roundabout? Could save someone from making the same mistake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Curious, What happened on the roundabout? Could save someone from making the same mistake

Went into the inside lane and then had to cut across a car in the outside lane in order to get off the roundabout should have really just stayed in the outside lane and I would have been fine stupid mistake I know but lesson learned the hard way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Went into the inside lane and then had to cut across a car in the outside lane in order to get off the roundabout should have really just stayed in the outside lane and I would have been fine stupid mistake I know but lesson learned the hard way.

Think of it this way, you wont be making that mistake again any time soon

• Advertisement

Bad luck, Stephen! In one way it's awful to be so close and have one mistake to kick yourself over, and in another it's better than a sheet of grade 2's!

Well done for having the nerve to do it and not be another 'no show' statistic. If you'd cancelled it like you wanted you wouldn't have this experience- let us know when it's time to go again! Third time lucky!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Good driving, we all make mistakes. Id say youll ace it next test, best of luck and make sure to let us know !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭Garzard

Reapplied onto the cancellation list immediately after failing on December 14th, surprisingly within a week I was arranged for Thursday 10th January. Had to pull a few strings with work to get the time off in the evening, only to find a cancellation text on Thursday morning - the tester was ill.

Was annoyed I'll admit, having already had very bad luck with instructors last year constantly cancelling EDT lessons at the last minute, or not even showing up - it took almost 6 months to get through the 12 lessons (2-3 months was my plan) because of having to replace four different instructors when they all turned out to be too unreliable.

On the bright side, I'm being given a priority reschedule because of the cancellation on Thursday and more oxygen to better my driving and theory knowledge can only be a good thing!

Aw, bad luck Garzard, I'd be raging even though I know it can't be helped.
    Best of luck when they get around to rescheduling you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭sanna

Garzard wrote: »
    Reapplied onto the cancellation list immediately after failing on December 14th, surprisingly within a week I was arranged for Thursday 10th January. Had to pull a few strings with work to get the time off in the evening, only to find a cancellation text on Thursday morning - the tester was ill.

Was annoyed I'll admit, having already had very bad luck with instructors last year constantly cancelling EDT lessons at the last minute, or not even showing up - it took almost 6 months to get through the 12 lessons (2-3 months was my plan) because of having to replace four different instructors when they all turned out to be too unreliable.

On the bright side, I'm being given a priority reschedule because of the cancellation on Thursday and more oxygen to better my driving and theory knowledge can only be a good thing!

I failed mine on a grade 3 on 20th Dec, expected to fail though was very nervous, reapplied that afternoon and called them on 2nd Jan, got the 11th Jan at 2.55, but then got the text about tester being sick in Tallaght!

Was gutted, was feeling much better about doing the test again and delighted I only had a wk to worry about (was 16wks for 1st test). Called on Friday lunchtime for cancellation and was given 2.55 that afternoon with another tester, but was too short notice for me, they are very open to you calling morning and afternoon for a cancellation.

Hoping to get something in nxt few wks. Best of luck!

• Advertisement

I failed mine on a grade 3 on 20th Dec, expected to fail though was very nervous, reapplied that afternoon and called them on 2nd Jan, got the 11th Jan at 2.55, but then got the text about tester being sick in Tallaght!

Was gutted, was feeling much better about doing the test again and delighted I only had a wk to worry about (was 16wks for 1st test). Called on Friday lunchtime for cancellation and was given 2.55 that afternoon with another tester, but was too short notice for me, they are very open to you calling morning and afternoon for a cancellation.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Kirby2k07

sanna wrote: »

Can I ask how you were able to call them so soon to book? The day I failed first time, I reapplied up and rang for a cancellation, I was told I had to wait exactly 3 weeks before I could even call to ask for a cancellation slot?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

Kirby2k07 wrote: »
    Can I ask how you were able to call them so soon to book? The day I failed first time, I reapplied up and rang for a cancellation, I was told I had to wait exactly 3 weeks before I could even call to ask for a cancellation slot?

You're supposed to wait three weeks but can get it before the three weeks. It depends on who you get when ringing for a cancellation. After I failed my first test, I had my second booked within a week/week and a half.

I applied straightaway but the tester did say 3 wks before I would get the test. And it was the tester who failed me who said theres no harm in applying straightaway

With Xmas and New Year I had planned to give myself a break, called on 2nd Jan and she said no problem but as there was the 3wk wait the first I could do it again was Friday 11th, which would have been 3wks and a day.

Now rebooked for 23rd after they cancelled the 11th

I applied straightaway but the tester did say 3 wks before I would get the test. And it was the tester who failed me who said theres no harm in applying straightaway

With Xmas and New Year I had planned to give myself a break, called on 2nd Jan and she said no problem but as there was the 3wk wait the first I could do it again was Friday 11th, which would have been 3wks and a day.

January or February? I got a reschedule email today for 22nd February. As I was told I'd be getting a priority reschedule after last Thursday's cancellation, I didn't think it'd be any longer than 2 weeks, so not impressed!

January or February? I got a reschedule email today for 22nd February. As I was told I'd be getting a priority reschedule after last Thursday's cancellation, I didn't think it'd be any longer than 2 weeks, so not impressed!

Sorry for Jan, I called them, first one was 22nd Jan but wanted earlier at that point called Friday morning got told nothing till 11th Feb, by the afternoon call I got 2.55 that afternoon, 23rd or 24th Jan, took the 23rd, and have a driving plan in place for nxt wk time suited too as it means I can do it in my lunch break

Just keep calling them, they get cancellations all the time

Sorry for Jan, I called them, first one was 22nd Jan but wanted earlier at that point called Friday morning got told nothing till 11th Feb, by the afternoon call I got 2.55 that afternoon, 23rd or 24th Jan, took the 23rd, and have a driving plan in place for nxt wk time suited too as it means I can do it in my lunch break

Just keep calling them, they get cancellations all the time

Only on Friday I again got another cancellation on my test for 23rd February - no reason given. I was going to ring them for an earlier date than this anyway, so I'll wait and see what they come back with this week. I've been unable to ring them as unfortunately my phone last Thursday got completely corrupted from rainwater getting into it and rendered it unusable - can get a replacement when I get paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭ewiz9

failed . <SNIP> at churchtown, Dublin 15 grade 2s

MOD: Please don’t include anything which may identify an examiner.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭damemcd

They love failing people in Churchtown....In Lord Ross of Churchtowns own manor....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

damemcd wrote: »
    They love failing people in Churchtown....In Lord Ross of Churchtowns own manor....

I honestly don't think that is in any way true.

If one isn't capable then that's just it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,354 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I honestly don't think that is in any way true.

If one isn't capable then that's just it.

It does have the second lowest pass rate in the country. Pretty much all the dublin test centers have pass rates below the national average.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

It does have the second lowest pass rate in the country. Pretty much all the dublin test centers have pass rates below the national average.

Somewhere has to have the highest and somewhere has to have the lowest pass rates to be fair.

I’ve come across several people who have failed the test and seen the feedback sheet. Zero grade 1’s zero grade 2’s and 1 grade 3, that’s all it takes is one of those.

In the majority it’s a case of fail to prepare, prepare to fail. I’m aware of one lady who has her test in 2 weeks, doesn’t think she needs lessons as she is highly confident of passing, I’ll be damned if she does.

Think why!!!!!

Much busier roads and so much more to go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

Haven't posted on this thread before but after failing my test this evening. I didn't think I was going to pass with flying colours but thought I'd get it all the same. Tester contemplated it for a while but got a grade 3. Came down to impacting another driver by causing them to slow down. In hindsight should have held on in the yellow box but edged forward to much to get enough vision so was committed to the turn. Rescheduled test already and hoping for a cancellation soon!

Test tomorrow at 17:00pm tomorrow in Tallaght - wish me luck folks!

Oh best of luck, be sure to let us know how it goes!!

Another fail today - incredibly disappointed. Had a pretest beforehand and the only thing the instructor advised to improve on was coasting and braking too early, but he didn't feel it was bad enough to fail me. I wasn't feeling any nerves either. My observation and control of the car according to the tester was also absolutely perfect, but I was failed for coasting multiple times on approach to stopping, and also being too slow to take off from traffic lights, which I didn't feel was the case at all! Because of the traffic, the tester also became slightly indecisive with his directions - there were 3 occasions in which he told me to abort turns due to the traffic in these areas, which caused me to leave my indicator on after aborting a turn.

Straight onto the cancellation list the second I got in, but the anxiety of not having a licence is getting worse the more I'm suffering setbacks like this. I know we all get there, but you honestly feel sometimes you can't win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 places

Another fail today - incredibly disappointed. Had a pretest beforehand and the only thing the instructor advised to improve on was coasting and braking too early, but he didn't feel it was bad enough to fail me. I wasn't feeling any nerves either. My observation and control of the car according to the tester was also absolutely perfect, but I was failed for coasting multiple times on approach to stopping, and also being too slow to take off from traffic lights, which I didn't feel was the case at all! Because of the traffic, the tester also became slightly indecisive with his directions - there were 3 occasions in which he told me to abort turns due to the traffic in these areas, which caused me to leave my indicator on after aborting a turn.

Straight onto the cancellation list the second I got in, but the anxiety of not having a licence is getting worse the more I'm suffering setbacks like this. I know we all get there, but you honestly feel sometimes you can't win.

I know how u feel I failed again today for 3rd time . For being slow at traffic light and turning right . I feels like you can never win at these tests.

• Advertisement

Get back out as quickly as possible to get test again.

Advertisement