Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

It gives people the trots apparently.

They don't show that in the ad

Bahahaha. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

At least with ones like the 'Carlsberg don't do' ads, there is a bit of humor thrown in.

It seems that Carlsberg don't do these ads any more.

And if they did... well, they'd probably be better than most of the ads they've done in the last few years. But we can't tell for sure.

:o:D;)

The Guinness ads often are so weird they are funny.

That was certainly the case with the "Surfer" ad. :);)

But that was a decade and a half ago.

Today... :mad: :(

The Heineken ads make sense.

But the "Long Story" ad makes you want to punch something. :( :rolleyes: ;)

I won't let this ad stop being drinking this cider if I find it on good offer. But it sure as hell would not make one go out of their way to get it either. So far, I have not tasted this cider.

I would recommend sticking with Bulmers. :o:D:);)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,853 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I hate the new ad for the Jeep Renegade. The song fails so hard in trying to be "folksy".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    New AIB ad with pampered child going around to grown-ups asking 'how's she cuttin' or something of that style (isn't this soooooo cute :rolleyes:)

This, coupled with that piercing, shrill, nerve-grating voice over of the female narrator with her false, D4 aspired accent just turns this ad into a nightmarish symphony of pure horridness.

As soon as I hear / see that ad starting, I have to mute the sound. That kid makes me want to punch the tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

"How much would you pay for this meal??"

"7.49"

hahahahahahahahahahhaah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,841 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

"How much would you pay for this meal??"

"7.49"

hahahahahahahahahahhaah

How much would you pay this filthy, intimidating tramp outside burger king for a burger instead of going inside?

Uh...nothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

The douche with the bowler type hat annoys the f*ck out of me. :(

Douches in bowler hats are renowned for being annoying in the summertime.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

The newest Orchard Thieves ad is another abomination. The douche with the bowler type hat annoys the f*ck out of me. :(

Haven't posted in here for ages but stuck in a hospital bed and bored.

The first Orchard Thieves ad and the Hop House 13 ad are to me pretty much interchangeable and the type of generic beer/cider ad that we've become so used to they're just wallpaper at this stage. Zero cut through and not a new creative thought in either, but as the craft "revolution" :rolleyes: continues I'm sure we'll see more of this shoyte in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I FOCKING HATE THAT AD.

I want AIB to cut the crap and do the following ad.:

Brave. You know, having the courage to evict a family who have fallen behind on their mortgage payments due to both parents losing their jobs. Or having the courage to give two fingers to the goverment's ceiling on executive pay, when we wouldn't be in existence any longer save their and the taxpayers intervention. Or having the courage to pay ourselves €40million in bonuses less than 18months after the Bank Guarantee of 2008. Or having the courage to defraud our customers on more than one occasion through overcharging - it's not easy you know! But no matter how brave we are, we'll never be as brave as Bank of Ireland. Don't call us, we don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

The national college of Ireland ads with students talking about how great it is.

I was there myself and it's crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,728 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I hate the ad with the singing chef gone viral

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

New AIB ad with pampered child going around to grown-ups asking 'how's she cuttin' or something of that style (isn't this soooooo cute :rolleyes:)

This, coupled with that piercing, shrill, nerve-grating voice over of the female narrator with her false, D4 aspired accent just turns this ad into a nightmarish symphony of pure horridness.

I cringe so much seeing that ad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

lertsnim wrote: »

That Vodafone thing needs to die in a fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

It's absolutely dire....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

The Voltarol Gel ad
    Earlier today my husband was in so much pain he could hardly move
    Now he's mincing around the dance floor like he's off his t!ts
    Did he drink the gel? I want a divorce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭smilerf

That bloody Avonmore Supermilk ad. Is she even singing in English??

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

All I know is if I was in a restaurant and the chef started singing opera I'd throw the plate in his face and walk out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭smilerf

That bloody Avonmore Supermilk ad. Is she even singing in English??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

The Voltarol Gel ad
    Earlier today my husband was in so much pain he could hardly move
    Now he's mincing around the dance floor like he's off his t!ts
    Did he drink the gel? I want a divorce

Dear lord I hate that ad with a passion. Glad it's not just me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Unearthly wrote: »
    The national college of Ireland ads with students talking about how great it is.

And isn't a "certificate in online marketing" just knowing how to buy Google/adserve space & Facebook ads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

All GAA related ads
    All Trivago ads
    The singing dad in the Vodaphone ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

The new kellogs crunchy nut ad where yer man is wearing his girlfriends underwear eating his cereal.

It makes absolutely zero sense.If he was stuck for something to wear couldn't he have put on a pair of his own trouser or simply wore the towel around himself while eating his breakfast.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

The new kellogs crunchy nut ad where yer man is wearing his girlfriends underwear eating his cereal.

It makes absolutely zero sense.If he was stuck for something to wear couldn't he have put on a pair of his own trouser or simply wore the towel around himself while eating his breakfast.

I haven't seen it but let me guess,girlfriend,probably accompanied by her parents walks in on him with "hilarious" results?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

No mater what though, regardless of the guy and his man bun and beard, the song on that trivago advert is lovely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

darkdubh wrote: »
    I haven't seen it but let me guess,girlfriend,probably accompanied by her parents walks in on him with "hilarious" results?

Almost.

Instead of parents she's with a friend and surprise surprise the friend decides to take a picture of yer man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Not really around anymore but those low cost holiday ads really got on my nerves.

"Give me a break. A low cost holiday break"

those Hi I'm Barry Scott ad's you think he'd be the most annoying but no its the fact that the bathroom are so dirty before cleaning it

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭ruskin

"For people who spit blood when they wash their teeth" - Could they not have thought of something a little more creative?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement