Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Miseducation of Jimbo Slice

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

90kg....theres only one of us making it to 90kg hanley and thats me ha ha....only messing with ya dude..

is the comp in the kilmuarry lodge again this year?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Hahah I won't be a true 90kg. Just a powerlifters 90!!!!

I'm not sure where it's on. I must check that out. I was talking to Shane and he said if I stayed on the southern ring road (I think) then I'd only be 5 mins away if that helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

Hanley wrote: »

Plate Drags:
    15kg plate 2x12

what way do you do your plate drags?

ah ya we only have one ring road :)

jees i like the sound of that... a "true" 90kg ha ha ...5kg more to go for me... race ya hanley...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

we have a ring road? would this be what is known to all and sundry as "de by pass"

• Advertisement

yes the proper term for "de by pass" is a ring road... soon to have its own tunnell and high toll.. anyways back on topic... race ya to 90kg hanley!

I won't hit 90kg until July 26th!!

DE UPPER (sorta)

Bench:
    60kg x5
    80kg x5
    100kg x5
    112.5kg 5x5

Sternum Chins:
    bodyweight x10,8,7ish

Neutral Grip Pulldowns:
    plate 60 3x10

Lateral Raises:
    10kg 'bells 3x12

Seated Dumbbell Powercleans:
    10kg 'bells 3x12

Pushdowns:
    plate 45 x50 rp'd

Dropped the DE benches today to give my elbows a break. Ran pretty quickly thru the 5x5's. The last set was relatively rough.

I was talking to one of the BB's in Hercs the other day and he suggest sternum chins and neutral grip chins (with a slightly limited ROM) to hit my lats harder and it REALLY worked today.

Other than that just general mass building stuff going on today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Sean was in today putting some fella through his paces. The poor guy was dry heaving lol, kept talking about this Saturday, is there a show on?

New guy?

There's a show in Waterford. Dunno when it's on tho tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

He was getting grief for "hanging around with the ******s in Total Fitness"! (His words) Small guy, not huge but in good condition. Never seen him before but then again I haven't been in that often.

• Advertisement

tribulus wrote: »
    He was getting grief for "hanging around with the ******s in Total Fitness"! (His words) Small guy, not huge but in good condition. Never seen him before but then again I haven't been in that often.

Hmmm I might know him to see tho. There's an AWFUL lot of knobs up there. I really hope he's not one of them....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Hmmm I might know him to see tho. There's an AWFUL lot of knobs up there. I really hope he's not one of them....

Lol, I know EXACTLY who you're thinking about!!!

REHAB LOWER (again)

Squats:
    40kg x8
    60kg x8
    80kg x8
    100kg x8
    120kg x8

Ultra Wide Stance Squats:
    40kg x6
    60kg x6
    80kg x6
    100kg x6

Good Mornings:
    40kg x15
    50kg x15
    60kg x15

Standing Single Leg Curls:
    3x12 - managed double the weight I did last week

My leg seems to be moving on quite well. There was less of a pull today with 120 than there was with 80kg last week.

Wide stance squats felt good. Concentrated on pushing my knees out hard and there was no pull on my hammy. Hopefully I'll continue to make progress next week.

The single leg curls worked well today too. Things are looking good. Hopefully I'm not speaking too soon!!

See...I told you it was nothing to be worried about!! :D:D:D

(I'm glad you seem to be getting better so soon!:))

Malteaser! wrote: »
    See...I told you it was nothing to be worried about!! :D:D:D

(I'm glad you seem to be getting better so soon!:))

Haha it's not that I'm worried abotu at the mo tbh!!

ME UPPER

Bench w/doubled minibands:
    60kg x3
    80kg x3
    100kg x3
    110kg x1
    120kg x1 - PR
    125kg x1 - PR

Bench:
    60kg x5
    80kg x3
    100kg x3
    120kg x7 - PR
    *shirt on (44 F6)*
    140kg x2
    150kg x2
    160kg 3x2

Dumbbell Floor Press:
    37.5kg 'bells 2x15, 1x14

Two nice PR's on the bench against bands. Previous best was 117.5kg.

I had intended only doing a few warm up reps with 120 before putting my shirt on, but I felt good so kept going. Mighta had an 8th in me, but decided to leave it in the bank for next week.

My shirt technique is continuing to improve. The reps today were super fast. I've vids that I'll get up later if all goes well.

I was so close to 3x15 today on th floor presses, just didn't have the last inch of lockout in my right arm tho. Still another big improvement from last week so I'll take it!!

Finals start tomorrow. Ugh.

Awesome work today!!

I can't wait to see the videos!!

Good luck today!!! Hope you're getting on ok!!! x

Malteaser! wrote: »
    Good luck today!!! Hope you're getting on ok!!! x

Thanks hun. 1 down, 4 to go.

Pull a rabbit out of your hat ;)

Awesome!! I knew you could do it!!!

• Advertisement

REHAB LOWER

Squats (beltless):
    60kg x8
    80kg x8
    100kg x8
    120kg x8
    140kg x8

Wide stance squats:
    60kg x5
    80kg x5
    100kg x5
    120kg x5

Sumos:
    60kg x6
    80kg x6
    100kg x6
    120kg x6

Standing Single Leg Curls:
    plate 15 3x20

My leg seems to be coming around. The squats were strong today, there was no pulling and there was quite a bit left in the tank. I was tempted to keep going but decided to be sensible (shock horror).

The wide stance squats are weird. I'm pretty weak on them. The 120's weren't hard, but my speed was the best. I was looking back over some videos and it's a really efficient looking movement so I'll put some work into it once I'm fully healed and see where it takes me.

The sumo's were grand, back was starting to tighten up so I left them at 120.

The single leg curls were nice. Really good pump from them. Hopefully it'll help speed recovery.

Two down, three to go.

DE UPPER

Bench Press:
    60kg x5
    80kg x5
    100kg x5
    115kg 5x5

Pull ups (to sternum)
    bodyweight x12, 9, 7

Pulldowns:
    67.5 3x12 (focusing on pulling with lats)

Lateral Raises:
    12.5kg 'bells 3x12

Face Pulls:
    4x12

Solid benching today. Good for lots more. Hopefully 120 5x5 will do down in 2 weeks.

The sternum pulls are hard, but I can really feel my lats working hard on them. I'm really pushing towards a bigger taper at the moment, hence the lateral raises too!!

Anyway, long day today. Been up since 6am, in college at 8, and exam at 10. Then back in til about 4pm. To bed I go...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭celestial

Two down, three to go.

DE UPPER

Bench Press:
    60kg x5
    80kg x5
    100kg x5
    115kg 5x5

Pull ups (to sternum)
    bodyweight x12, 9, 7

Pulldowns:
    67.5 3x12 (focusing on pulling with lats)

Lateral Raises:
    12.5kg 'bells 3x12

Face Pulls:
    4x12

Solid benching today. Good for lots more. Hopefully 120 5x5 will do down in 2 weeks.

The sternum pulls are hard, but I can really feel my lats working hard on them. I'm really pushing towards a bigger taper at the moment, hence the lateral raises too!!

Anyway, long day today. Been up since 6am, in college at 8, and exam at 10. Then back in til about 4pm. To bed I go...

Hope your exam went well chief!

dave80 wrote: »

what way do you do your plate drags?

Sorry, I totally missed this... Lie on the ground with your leg straight out and your heel on a plate, drag the plate towards your ass using only you leg. Like a leg curl lying on the floor.

celestial wrote: »
    Hope your exam went well chief!

So far, so good man, thanks!! Only one of the 3 that is left is what I would call a reliable paper (that is, even tho it's hard, we have a fair idea what sorta computations will come up). Whereas the other two could literally be anything. If a nice Q1 comes up on Friday I'm sorted. If not, I'm screwed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Pen1987

Any chance you could explain what a lateral raise and a face pull are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

dave80 wrote: »

Sorry, I totally missed this... Lie on the ground with your leg straight out and your heel on a plate, drag the plate towards your ass using only you leg. Like a leg curl lying on the floor.

cheers for that, i presume its on a nice smooth surface to reduce friction?

Yah, I just do it lying on the floor of the weight room in TF.

• Advertisement

REHAB (??) LOWER

Squat:
    60kg x8
    100kg x8
    120kg x8
    *belt*
    140kg x8
    160kg x10 - PR

Box Squats (just below //, wide stance):
    60kg x3
    80kg x3
    100kg x3
    *belt*
    120kg x3
    140kg x3
    160kg x3

Happy with that. Looks like I'm almost back to full power on the squats anyway, probably had 12 reps in me but my shoulder was cramping and my left leg was starting to shake so I played it safe. I'm competiting in approx 11 weeks, so I think I'm in a good place to start peaking now. Ideally I'll do at least 180x5 in just a belt in 5 or so weeks which should leave me nicely set up for 260+.

I'm gonna start my dealift cycle probably this week or next depending on how my leg feels.

I'll bench later on since I'm not gonna get to train til my exams are over on Thursday now.

Advertisement