Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Daily Contact lenses

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

No customs on daysoft, price you see is price you pay. I'm -3 in my right and -2.75 on my left. They rang me and recommended I get all -3 so I'm not worried about which lens is on which eye. The difference is negligible. Wife has pretty much the same as me so we've been buying in bulk for last 2 years.
    Wearing lenses last 20 years, cannot speak highly enough about this place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Has anyone gone for a check-up after wearing Daysoft for a few months? Were they ok?

Has anyone gone for a check-up after wearing Daysoft for a few months? Were they ok?

yes. And yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

holy god, i bought a 1 month supply last week and I had my reservations - well I am shocked!!!! these are the best fitting contact lenses I have ever used, and I’ve been wearing all sorts for the last 12 years!!! they fit the best, they didn't make my eyes tired, i wore them for 10 hours+

I'm -6.5 in both eyes and have an astigmatism in one eye - I normally just put up with the blur because I don’t use them for reading/using comp just for going out drinking etc but the blur was hardly noticeable!

I am well impressed and i'm going to buy some more now... well done daysoft!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Another vote here for AC lens guys

I must be using them the best part of 10 years and they are so much cheaper thaan anyone else.

A word of warning though, if you insist on buying unbranded lenses, make sure you check with your optician or you wil f%^& up your eyes

www.aclens.com

Focus Dailys 90 box only €30 or €38 for aqua comfort plus
    plus after you order once they send you discount coupons which never seem to expire, i have 10$ off total order and postage to ireland is only €12 or so
    verus €44.90 and €70.50 from irish site... no brainer here guys

My problem is now though, my optician has moved me to Johnson True eye, they are so much more comfortable and AC can't send them to me so I have to go with ROI...

• Advertisement

Daysoft 5.99 for 32 = 17.97e for 96 lenses
    Aclens 30e for 90 lenses

How are they cheaper?

And "you will fck up your eyes buying unbranded lenses without checking with optician first". What does that mean, Unbranded lenses are dangerous?

If it was a dig at daysoft then if you haven't checked them out, do, they're run by the guy who invented daily lenses don't you know. Buy 1 pack for 5.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

They are cheaper in a like for like comparison.
    I mean do you compare a Renault for 30k against a Mercedes for 60k?

No. So why do you compare focus against daysoft?

No I'm not saying they are dangerous, all I'm saying is your eyes are very important and you should check with your optician to make sure they are suitable for you.

Eyes are unique, and what might suit someone, won't necessarily suit others and if they don't fit you right, they could be unhealthy.

All I'm saying is for branded like for like comparison, AC lens are by far the cheapest, and if you want to use daysoft, check with your optician.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭sk282

I use yourlenses.ie as I mentioned earlier here and just received this email from them so decided to share in case it is use to anyone. There is also a 10% off code for the first time customers on the Lensway main page but not sure if both offers can be used together.
    LensWay.co.uk is proud to announce that YourLenses.ie is the newest member of the LensWay family!

After December 2, 2010, YourLenses.ie will be replaced with the NEW LensWay.co.uk website. You and your entire family can now conveniently shop an even wider selection of contact lenses, designer eyeglasses, sunglasses and eyewear accessories for a fraction of what you would pay on High Street!

As a welcoming gift, LensWay.co.uk will give you a FREE pair of designer eyeglasses with your next contact lens purchase over £99! Just use coupon code YOURLENSES at checkout and see how easy it is to buy eyeglasses online.

Welcome to LensWay.co.uk, your optical store!

*Offer expires December 31, 2010. Offer includes frame, standard 1.5 index lenses, A/R coating, UV coating and Scratch Resistant coating. Some frames excluded. Shipping and handling applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

stevieob wrote: »

My problem is now though, my optician has moved me to Johnson True eye, they are so much more comfortable and AC can't send them to me so I have to go with ROI...

The Johnson rep must have been around last week and given your optician a few rounds at the K club :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭schnorkleborg

Has anyone used eurolens.ie? Daysoft dont do toric lenses so theyre not an option for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

some very strange posts in this thread.

Been using daysoft for 6 months, best lenses I've used (had various specsavers approved lenses for 15 years and some similar ones abroad) and much cheaper, also less packaging and more easily opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭loopymum

Has anyone used eurolens.ie? Daysoft dont do toric lenses so theyre not an option for me.

Yes and I won't be using them again. Took about 4 weeks to arrive and I also got caught for customs and they told me go take a ride when I complained.

I was under the impression that I was ordering from a company in the EU, it is very unclear on the website that they are shipped from outside the EU, bit of a joke really.

More here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

loopymum wrote: »
    Yes and I won't be using them again.

+1

I found this thread AFTER I got hit for a customs charge.
    On an order costing about €220 customs added €60

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭996tt

made my usual order from www.daysoftcontactlenses.com this morning. Great company, they have excellent customer service and the speed of their delivery cant be beaten.

Never had a customs issue with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

stevieob wrote: »
    They are cheaper in a like for like comparison.
    I mean do you compare a Renault for 30k against a Mercedes for 60k?

No. So why do you compare focus against daysoft?

QUOTE]

I used to buy focus dailies until I found daysoft. I'm not the most tolerant to lenses and found focus dailies really drying and sore. I havent looked back since I turned to daysoft - have two full boxes of focus dailies at home I'm probably gonna bin cos I can't face the thought of wearing them again. From someone who has tried both brands daysoft are a million times better.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭schnorkleborg

Really wish I put eurolens into the search engine now. I ordered from them on Monday, just read an email from them saying my order's been shipped but its my work address I used and they havnt put my works business name on the shipping address just mine. Ive emailed them but I dont hold much hope for them getting it changed now. Theyre €60 cheaper than specsavers and my order came to €90 so I'll prob avoid customs. All I can do now is wait.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

In the last few years I've had

- specsavers own brand €40pm

- Acuvue Daily Moist, almost €60pm through specsavers

- Daysoft €12pm

I had to change to Acuvue from specsavers own brand due to a lack of oxygen and had serious problems with them, the price annoyed me but they were very uncomfortable, took around 10mins for them to settle, they dried out even with eye drops, they would move out of place forcing me to take them out and use drops to put them back in

The original specsavers own brand were decent but when they changed supplier about 2 years ago that I started having problems

By a long shot the daysoft have been the most comfortable, reliable and the best fitting, have had no problems, I still use eyedrops but I do work in a dusty environment

I've had two checkups including a full thorough test and have had no problems since changing to daysoft

If someone can't see why a company with one building and one brand with minimal packaging can sell their own lenses cheap
    compared to companies reselling the likes of johnson and johnson products then you need more the your eyes examined

Really wish I put eurolens into the search engine now. I ordered from them on Monday, just read an email from them saying my order's been shipped but its my work address I used and they havnt put my works business name on the shipping address just mine.

When I ordered from Eurolens I filled in my company name. My receipt email had my address without my company name but the delivery did actually have the company name on it. When I got the receipt email I rang them about it and I couldn't get it into their heads that I just needed to know if the company name had been put on the parcel.
    They said if I didn't receive it in 30 days (I think) I could start a refund process. But I received it, along with a lovely customs bill.
    And because our AnPost delivery guys can only take cash and I didn't have enough he had to return it to a depot miles away for me to visit a couple of days later. So have enough cash with you for when they deliver.

So as long as you put it in the order you'll probably receive it.

ams wrote: »
    I used to buy focus dailies until I found daysoft. I'm not the most tolerant to lenses and found focus dailies really drying and sore. I havent looked back since I turned to daysoft - have two full boxes of focus dailies at home I'm probably gonna bin cos I can't face the thought of wearing them again. From someone who has tried both brands daysoft are a million times better.

My wife used Focus and bought the ones from Daysoft that they recommended on their site. She said they were a bit dry so I let Daysoft know. Not complaining to them, just said this is why we couldn't buy them anymore.
    The guy said some users experience that and sent us out a box of alternatives to trial for free. She loves those. That's pretty good customer service. I know it makes business sense but it's good to see a company that actually gives a damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I ran out of my 4 month supply of Daysoft lens last week and ordered another 4 months immediately. I was ordering Bausch and Lomb dailies from other websites before that and actually find the Daysoft more comfortable, although the B and L were comfortable too. The main thing is the price difference, my lens are half the price from Daysoft, and it sickens me to think i didn't see them earlier, could've saved a few hundred euro easily. I don't get the people complaining in this thread. It's like when people complain about Ryanair not being a luxury airline and not offering a fancy service despite the fact that they still get you from A to B.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

Not noticed this thread before; was planning on the usual six monthly stock pile from yourlenses tonight, ordered 2 months worth from daysoft instead to see what they're like. If nothing else, it's freed up some extra cash for a while. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Mauricmo

996tt wrote: »
    made my usual order from www.daysoftcontactlenses.com this morning. Great company, they have excellent customer service and the speed of their delivery cant be beaten.

Never had a customs issue with them.

What is the speed of their delivery btw?

Mauricmo wrote: »

For me I think it averages out around 7 to 10 days, I usually order on a weekend and they dispatch no later then the next day

One batch showed up after 4 days and another 30 days which came through the letter box fairly battered, not their fault, total one off

I think the last order took around a week, hard to remember

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

loopymum wrote: »
    Yes and I won't be using them again. Took about 4 weeks to arrive and I also got caught for customs and they told me go take a ride when I complained.

I was under the impression that I was ordering from a company in the EU, it is very unclear on the website that they are shipped from outside the EU, bit of a joke really.

More here

Completely agree. Never using them again.

The euro in their address just indicates they'll post to Europe, not that they're actually sending the lens' from Europe.
    Very misleading.

The extra customs charge and the fact it took about 6 weeks to arrive really pi$sed me off coz it probably works out more expensive than buying directly from specsavers or vision express. Completely pointless exercise.

Might try daysoft the next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Mauricmo wrote: »

usually about a week for me!

Vertakill wrote: »
    Completely agree. Never using them again.

The euro in their address just indicates they'll post to Europe, not that they're actually sending the lens' from Europe.
    Very misleading.

Pity the don't copy axelmusic who ship from their depot in canada to their other depot in england and then onto you. It means you don't get caught by customs because they pay for it and your order arrives in 7 days

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Mauricmo

Just got my Daysoft delivery, thats the next 6 months of contacts taken care of.
    Delighted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Limousine Fred

Hey! I am currently using focus dailies toric for astigmatism. As I only have astigmatism in my left eye I have two different types of lens. When I try to order online I can't order for just one eye i.e. (the left with astigmatism) Specsavers easy vision are all the optician will prescribe me (which are terrible) unless I pay a fortune. Was just wondering if anyone had the same problem and what lens's they now use. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Limousine Fred

Easyvision for right eye!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MsFunnyFace

Really wish I put eurolens into the search engine now. I ordered from them on Monday, just read an email from them saying my order's been shipped but its my work address I used and they havnt put my works business name on the shipping address just mine. Ive emailed them but I dont hold much hope for them getting it changed now. Theyre €60 cheaper than specsavers and my order came to €90 so I'll prob avoid customs. All I can do now is wait.:rolleyes:

Hey, im new to all this boards jazz..i really dont have a clue.
    You're the newest visitor of this thread i could find...

Im wondering do you know of any online contact lense stores that accept LASER CARDS. Its sorta an emergency.

Also how do i display a Q like this publicly on this site without having to reply to someone?

Thank you very much for any help. :)

Advertisement