Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Daily Contact lenses

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 alittleannoyed

great advice. Think I will give them a whirl next time around.
    It's about time the thieves operating in this country felt some pain.
    March down O'Connell St anyone? Revolution of the Contact Lense Wearers Front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Another vote for the daysoft lenses. Although I do admit that that I found the O2 Optix slightly better but not sufficiently better to warrant the price difference. I find dust gets in the daysoft lenses more easily so if you work on a building site they mightn't be great.

Most of the contact lenses are made in Ireland, I don't understand why they can be delivered to Ireland from a US website cheaper than what it costs to buy them from an optician here. Same reason Guinness costs more in Ireland than anywhere else I suppose.

Daysoft doesn't come from the US by the way, it's from Jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Slightly off topic but those Acuvue Moist lenses are actually made in Limerick
    ...and in these recessionary times etc etc...

Yeah, I know, only 20 minutes away from me in fact. But like you say in these recessionary times and when you're not working, every penny counts.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

+1 for daysoft used to wear monthlies but couldn't wear them in front of the computer got some focus dailies but started getting sore at about 6pm
    got daysoft wear all day and evening with very little trouble very impressed dont kn ow what to do with half a box of focus dailies now !

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭cian8

I got an offer in the post from Get Lenses (www.getlenses.com) for 25% off all contact lenses until 31st July 2009. This makes 90 pairs of Focus Dalies €67.50 (from €90) including postage.

The promotional code is: ELP009

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,822 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

adios specsavers

got mine from daysoft today
    2 month supply
    64 pairs altogether rather than 58
    Transaction for the value of: EUR23.96
    Description: 2 month supply of daysoft 58 contact lenses (right eye

• Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

Any updates?

i find them even better than the specsaver ones
    they appear to be slightly thicker also
    its easier to open and take the lense out of
    the specsaver ones tho but i can live with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

i cant believe you found the specsaver ones easier to take out, i find daysoft really easy. I cant believe people actually wear those specsavers ones, so irritating

i meant to say its harder to take the seal off the lenses container

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

mailburner wrote: »
    i meant to say its harder to take the seal off the lenses container

when i read back now it makes sense , it hought you meant the other also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I've posted these guys before in a similar thread and have been using them for years for the OH.

Aclens

box of 90 Focus Dailys for $30.

Free delivery for orders over $99. I usually get 6 months supply comes to about $120 - $130 dollars (4 boxes of 90).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Should have added. That's €85 at todays rate for 6 months supply.

Once I didn't receive the delivery, I complained and another batch arrived a week later. That was definately a once off I'd say cos the other dozen or so times I've used them I've had no problems whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 the dog star

Hi there do try this site out I've had a good scout around the net myself and this one looks excellent. (Daysoftcontactlenses.com)
    i believe they are based in Jersey in the channel Islands and postage is FREE :).

I just bought one month supply of their daily disposables and it cost a grand total of €11.98. I think you will be hard pressed to find cheaper than that.
    Their lenses seem to be quite a reputable brand.

They have a very helpfull comparison guide on the site. You just choose the lenses you currently wear from a fairly comprehensive list and they will find you a match from their own company.

Hope this Helps!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You obviously didnt read the previous 3 pages of posts:eek:

Complete Nooob to this and just learning how it all works, just realised how old the thread is. Thanks for pointing out my noobiness though....appreciate it.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

You obviously didnt read the previous 3 pages of posts:eek:
    3 pages!!!! NOOB :p:p
    Anyway daysoft are bloody great best thing i ever bought/buy

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cheers for the links.

Girlfriend just started wearing Daysoft Lenses and Daysoftcontactlenses.com definitely look great value!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Demonon

I have been using daysoft for the last year, they are the best value good quality lenses and the nicest company I've ever dealt with it in the world! Serious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Glowing wrote: »
    I presume this is the best place to put this.

I've been trawling the web for cheap contact lenses and www.yourlenses.ie are the cheapest guys I've found in all my years of contact lens wearing.

If you order the 90 pack box of Focus Daily Disposables, it'll only cost you 34.49
    http://yourlenses.ie/produkt.php?id=12&scid_ie=b364cd98e260ea35c85eb6b38dbd3828

Add a second box plus 5 euro shipping and it comes to 73.98 for 3 months supply, a fair bit cheaper than the 90 euro from specsavers etc.

Obviously, if you've found them cheaper, let us know!
    Rip off, i use www.aclens.com and a years supply of lenses for me is 90 euro.That site is far from a bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Just adding my recommendation to Daysoft Lenses, have been using them for nearly a year now, €24 for a two months supply with free delivery (which usually takes 5 working days). They are excellent!

donmeister wrote: »
    Just adding my recommendation to Daysoft Lenses, have been using them for nearly a year now, €24 for a two months supply with free delivery (which usually takes 5 working days). They are excellent!
    ac lenses are far cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

another vote for Daysoft here, have been wearing them for about a year now, ran out and had to use a pair of specsavers specials and they were SO uncomfortable it was untrue.

not sure if anyone has mentioned this already but I wear them for surfing and swimming and they stay in just fine, even after numerous wipe outs/full on wave-in-the-face incidents :D never had this before with lenses, they always seem to fall out at the slightest hint of water.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

these daysofts look like a bargain alright, as long as they dont blind ye ;)
    is the higher water content better for dry eyes? (daysoft72 v daysoft58)

another vote for daysoft

using them for the past year or so
    the lens are much better quality to specsavers
    at a fraction of the price

Scruff wrote: »
    I doubt it, as then the lenses would be falling apart no?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

I think that's the idea, but the daysoft58 are great for dry eyes, I can wear them all day without my eyes drying out compared to others where I can only wear them for a couple of hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Demonon

I mentioned this to daysoft last year (I was on daysoft 58) and they actually sent me 2 free boxes of daysoft 72 (total of 32 pairs) to try them out! I stuck with the 58's though but it just shows the sort of customer service they provide.

digme wrote: »
    Rip off, i use www.aclens.com and a years supply of lenses for me is 90 euro.That site is far from a bargain.

How did you manage to get a years supply from aclens.com for 90 euro?
    I've just been on their site and tried a few variations and the prices are not lower than DAYSOFT.....
    I purchased (64 lenses) = two boxes for €5.99 each with no postal charge just yesterday.

The amount I quoted on previous post was of €11.98 from daysoft. this is for a month supply of daily disposable lenses (total of 64 lenses.)

Which lenses did you get that were cheaper than this?
    Please can you say as i would definitely prefer to purchase from your recommended site in the future if it is indeed a cheaper option.
    What with the celtic tiger dead and buried now and the lovelly tax hits and wage cuts that have been inflicted upon us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ralphie

Been ordering these for other half since they were first recommended on this thread nearly 12 months ago.First class service.

Advertisement