Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Daily Contact lenses

Options
  • 23-05-2007 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭

I presume this is the best place to put this.

I've been trawling the web for cheap contact lenses and www.yourlenses.ie are the cheapest guys I've found in all my years of contact lens wearing.

If you order the 90 pack box of Focus Daily Disposables, it'll only cost you 34.49
    http://yourlenses.ie/produkt.php?id=12&scid_ie=b364cd98e260ea35c85eb6b38dbd3828

Add a second box plus 5 euro shipping and it comes to 73.98 for 3 months supply, a fair bit cheaper than the 90 euro from specsavers etc.

Obviously, if you've found them cheaper, let us know!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭TJM

I've used them as well. Prompt delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Used them for monthlies before, found them vey good.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

http://www.1800contacts.com/ are really cheap and have heard good reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

question in regards to contacts : Do you have to wear glasses for a certain ammount of time before getting contacts or can you get your eyes tested and go straight to wearing contacts?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

You can go straight to contacks AFAIK but you still need a pair of glasses on standby in case of lost lenses/headaches/after eye tests (they put pigment in your eyes and cant put lenses back in for an hour or so). Just keep in mind contacts dont suit all people. You'd be best off talking to your optician TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

Glowing wrote:
    If you order the 90 pack box of Focus Daily Disposables, it'll only cost you 34.49
    http://yourlenses.ie/produkt.php?id=12&scid_ie=b364cd98e260ea35c85eb6b38dbd3828

If you switch to the UK version of the site the same lenses are £28.55 which works out at about €43!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

I find this crowd the cheapest for me:

www.visiondirect.com

I use toric in one eye which makes the ones mentioned above very expensive but this crowd are great and even with delivery works out about €40 cheaper than specsavers for only a 3 month supply

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Jilm

I find this crowd the cheapest for me:

www.visiondirect.com
    You can use the Vision Direct coupon code FRESHEYES to get 10% off your order as well (expires Jun 05).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Mar1

i also use vision , got 6mths of contacts which unforuntley i can no longer use as my sight has got worse. wondering if anyone would like to buy contacts from me. i have 5mths left of -1.75 O2 optix (ciba vision) breathable contacts. cost €40.00? :eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

VHI seem to offer cheap lenses, I dont have the web address handy but Google it and you will see. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Do you need to fax in your prescription to buy the lenses from yourlenses.ie or do they assume you that you wear contacts already and just ordering replacements?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

no you just choose the ones you need on the site

• Registered Users Posts: 39 davmi

for just focus daily disposables yourlenses.ie seems to be cheapest as first comment says? the best american price i found for 3 month supply was $100. anyone found anywhere cheaper than the 73euro? if i go back to optician id havta get another exam as its over 6 months since got lenses from them so wer talkin 120/130 if i go there! plus my the visionexpress i go to only do contacts on weekdays so time off work!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 janney5

I have used Vision Direct numerous times and never had a problem. Every time I place an order they always work out the cheapest. For example, my last 6month supply of Focus Dailies worked out as €106 ($150) inc delivery, compared to €150 with getlenses. Delivery time was 2 weeks, but dont forget to use the promotion code 'VISIONOFF' for 10% off!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Fortunately I dont have to wear glasses or lenses but I do order them from yourlenses.ie for my better half. Their service and price is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 davmi

thanks for that, had a look at visiondirect the basic price in dollars is about the same as in euros on yourlenses, which is roughly 35 per box, so visiondirect is cheaper depending on shipping. what does this usually come to?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭ianblyth

I get my Six months supply of monthly wear Ciba Vision Night And Day (30 day continuous wear) from www.lens.com total cost... $115 including post. got caught by customs for a further 20 euro... total about 99 Euro...

3 months.. Spec Savers.... 90 euro
    6 months www.lens.com 99 euro... and if you don't get picked on by customs 79 euro... It's worth it either way...

Need to give about max 4 weeks for delivery...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 alittleannoyed

Just spent a few minutes on line buying contact lenese. It turns out Rip off Ireland is still alive and kicking.
    www.yourlenses.ie claims "Price is important. We know that, and so do our customers. We therefore guarantee to supply the highest quality contact lenses at the lowest price on the market!"
    And they do.....

Price for 90 x Focus Dailies = €90
    (price includes delivery and VAT @ 21.5%

Funningly enough, this price is indeed the exact same as the identical lenses with the cheapest alternative, specsavers. Now here is what is surprising. On the same site, from the same company the prices are as follows:
    Price in Sweden (YourLenses is based there) = €69
    Price in Britian = €64
    Price in Germany = €79
    Price in Holland = €82
    and so on and on and on.
    Every single country is cheaper by at least a tenner!!! And all from the same site and the same company.
    Explanation required!!
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭davehey79

started using these lately and find them very good. http://www.daysoftcontactlenses.com/IE/Buy.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭CH3OH

http://www.daysoftcontactlenses.com/IE/CountryHomepage.aspx

I ordered from these as well! ( not for me)
    Just bought 2 months supply for.........€23.96 including delivery
    Ordered last Thursday night. received yesterday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Previous thread on Daysoft lenses, still €12 for 1 months supply (64 lenses): http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055538872

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

I always get my lenses from www.contactlensking.com

I got 2 years worth of PureVision Toric contact lenses from them for $300.55 (I got them sent to my hotel when I was holidaying in the USA).

They ship to Ireland for something like $25, which IMO is still good value in comparison to rip-off prices charged over here for the same contact lens.

The funny thing is, my lenses are actually manufactured in Bausch & Lomb in Waterford. Yet it is still cheaper for me to buy them from the US (where they've been shipped from Waterford to US and then back to me in Ireland) than from some EU based website!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Julez

CH3OH wrote: »
    http://www.daysoftcontactlenses.com/IE/CountryHomepage.aspx

I ordered from these as well! ( not for me)
    Just bought 2 months supply for.........€23.96 including delivery
    Ordered last Thursday night. received yesterday morning.

Yeah just got 4 months off them for €47.
    They delivered really, really quick. Also when I emailed them a question I heard back within the hour. Definitely recommend them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

surprise someone hasn't mentioned http://www.coastalcontacts.com

Their prices are pretty unbeatable. no prescription needed - delivery always very swift, rarely get hit with customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭davehey79

Thats if you buy 2 months worth. Anyone actually buying just the months supply it's
    1 month supply of 2 boxes of 32 lenses at €7.99/box €15.98. Which is still great value in fairness. Order for myself and have converted a few friends to using them now too. A +1 for their customer service they're very swift at emailing and replying to queries.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

+1 for Daysoft. Have been using them for a while and have saved a fortune. They are as good, if not better, than my normal branded ones (Acuvue Moist).

Highly recommend them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭mykro28

HI Guys,

Help me please, am I doing it wrong:
    On Yourlenses.ie
    Number
    Product
    POW BC DIA AX CYL COL ADD Price
    1 pcs
    Focus Dailies (90) -0.75 8.6 13.8 Remove 42,50 �
    1 pcs
    Focus Dailies (90) -1.00 8.6 13.8 Remove 42,50 �
    Shipping 5,00 �
    Total price including shipping and VAT 90,00 �
    Total for 180 lenses, (90 Pairs) is €90.00

On Lensbase.com
    Ciba Vision - Focus Dailies 'All Day Comfort'
    Right: Power: -1.00 (Myopia / Nearsighted) - Base Curve: 8.6 - Diameter: 13.8
    Left: Power: -0.75 (Myopia / Nearsighted) - Base Curve: 8.6 - Diameter: 13.8
    £50.90 for 180 lenses (90 Pairs) + £10 Delivery = £62.67
    which on xe.com is about €73.

It this right???

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

davehey79 wrote: »
    started using these lately and find them very good. http://www.daysoftcontactlenses.com/IE/Buy.aspx

Cheers for that ordered and on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭bacon&cabbage

Mollywolly wrote: »
    +1 for Daysoft. Have been using them for a while and have saved a fortune. They are as good, if not better, than my normal branded ones (Acuvue Moist).

Highly recommend them!

Slightly off topic but those Acuvue Moist lenses are actually made in Limerick
    ...and in these recessionary times etc etc...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

daysoft is kick ass, better than accuvue in my opinion! slept with them in the other week and didnt even know i had done so!!!

Advertisement