Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Daily Contact lenses

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭hbxutd

I've used Biomedics 55 (monthlies) from yourlenses.ie for last few years (72euro for yrs supply)

Gonna try out a months supply of daysoft58 to see how they compare in my eyes.

However, they're gonna end up costing twice as much p/yr if I did switch to dailies. Better in the long run for my eyes though I would imagine.

Just wondering if anyone here had switched from monthlies to these?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Out Of Order

I too have been using the daysoft 58 lenses for over a year now and I'm very happy with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭sk282

Pity daysoft don't do toric lenses...:

"None of the above lens brands, including daysoft, correct 'astigmatism'
    which requires specially made 'toric' lenses."

I use yourlenses.ie, just compared it to aclens.com and even though aclens seem a bit cheaper for the lens prices, yourlenses is better value when you include the delivery for the lenses I use (Soflens Toric).

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Trevord

+1 for daysoft.

They are so much better than the specsavers ones. I can wear them all day, whereas I could only tolerate the specsavers ones for 5 or 6 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭TJM

I've also found Daysoft better than the Specsavers own brand - slightly fiddlier to put in for some reason but substantially more comfortable to wear during the day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 the dog star

TJM wrote: »
    I've also found Daysoft better than the Specsavers own brand - slightly fiddlier to put in for some reason but substantially more comfortable to wear during the day.

Agree totally, wear mine for up to 12 hours a day and no problems at all. I think they are made from a thinner membrane and that makes them harder to handle but once they are in you really wouldn't even realise you are wearing them. And for the price you would expect rubbish but to the contrary they are 100% more comfortable than the specsavers ones. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 adnoif

I agree with everyone about Daysoft - easily the best value in years of wearing lenses. I actually found the staff at my usual big name opticians awful, and a visit to any of their stores was depressing, especially as they went out of their way to be unhelpful. Am so pleased I can just buy them online now.

Am a huge fan of Daysoft:)

http://www.daysoftcontactlenses.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 gmack1

Does anyone know a cheap website to buy contacts from where I could use my laser card? No credit card at the mo (and I dont wanan give specsavers a ridiculous amount for my dailys)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I havent bought from yourlenses in a year so I am guessing I need a new test, I also have a stigmatism too and cant remember the exact prescriptrion for this. Can anyone recommend somewhere in Dublin where I can get the test without the pressure of buying direct from them, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

gmack1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know a cheap website to buy contacts from where I could use my laser card? No credit card at the mo (and I dont wanan give specsavers a ridiculous amount for my dailys)
    do u live in dublin or know anyone that could get you one of these? http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055794082

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 gmack1

Oh I live in Dublin....might have to grab one of those! Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭MickeyD

I've found http://www.accuity.co.uk to be the cheapest for branded contacts - 6e less per box of daily acuve advance astigmatism than yourlenses (inc shipping).

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭kildaremum

I intend getting lenses for my 15 year old daughter who hates to wear her glasses. I see lots of recommendations for daysoft so I will probably get them online for her. I wonder should I go to local specsavers and get her fitted and shown how to handle them and just get maybe 1 months supply from them so that I know what to order.

Any help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

kildaremum wrote: »
    I intend getting lenses for my 15 year old daughter who hates to wear her glasses. I see lots of recommendations for daysoft so I will probably get them online for her. I wonder should I go to local specsavers and get her fitted and shown how to handle them and just get maybe 1 months supply from them so that I know what to order.

Any help appreciated.

i'd go to specsavers and get them fitted and then ask for a spare
    pair or two which wont be a problem to see if she takes to them.
    It'll say on each lense what strength it is
    in my case its -3.00 which is the main thing you need
    to know when ordering online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 adnoif

Any help appreciated.

Go to specsavers and they (usually) give you a free month trail anyway, they will give you the right prescription (which may be different to her glasses) and teach her how to handle them.

Daily disposables may be easier for a 15 year old - there is no need to worry about cleaning fluid each evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Daibheid

I bought a few months supply of the recommended lenses but found them not as easy to fit or wear as the Johnson Acuvue I've been using for years. They're still the gold standard no matter what else I've tried.

When Daysoft did an email satisfaction survey I offered a few comments. They then sent me a pack of Daysoft 72 to try free of charge and offered me an exchange of my order for those or alternatively a full refund.

On top of great pricing, that's what good Customer Service looks like and it should reassure anyone thinking of trying them.

BTW For anyone prone to dry/sensitve eyes I'd recommend trying Daysoft 72.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Can't fault Dayssoft either, being using them for 2 years now and never had any problems, touch wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    Can't fault Dayssoft either, being using them for 2 years now and never had any problems, touch wood.

same here. 2 years in, great delivery, product, price and service. Only 1 small thing is the very odd lens is torn. Maybe 2 or 3 from a 6 month pack so nothing to worry about. Love these guys, had to get an eyetest in vision express last week and they were quoting me 90 euro for 3 months when I cam get 6 months for 75e on daysoft. For the same lens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

that daysoft seems very dangerous i put in all the details and it went to this permanent TSB pabe account looking for d.o.b and mrore details. Mam reckons there dangerous

this happen to anyone else?

but1er wrote: »
    that daysoft seems very dangerous i put in all the details and it went to this permanent TSB pabe account looking for d.o.b and mrore details. Mam reckons there dangerous

youre buying medical supplies online and you're asked for a dob and you're worried? I'd be worried about the site if they didn't. Go through the previous posts here from many regular irish posters. No mention of anything dodgy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Very safe site, done lots of business with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

dont think i made myself clear enough

they were like looking for me to enter more credit card details on this permanent tsb site away from daysoft after i already entered my credit card detials

that make anymore sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I think you might be talking about the Verified by Visa program, or MasterCard SecureCode. Its a new extra step the banks have added to increase security. Some web sites use it, others don't. It takes you to another site, and asks you to enter a password and PIN. All quite safe, secure and legit, at least thats what the banks say: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3-D_Secure

If its not this then you may have a virus, or other malware on your system, so I'd suggest getting it checked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 badkittybad

Any help appreciated.

Aside from the fact that ordering contact lenses without the correct perscription is illegal, the risk of infection is relitively low and if you are over 18 good look to you, but corneal ulcers are a serious sight treating risk and unregulated supply to a minor is reckless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭30H!3

but1er wrote: »

I think this post should be deleted, it is most definitely not a dangerous website. The page you were redirected to was the securecode page and is quite common these days, it's actually added protection against credit card fraud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭30H!3

Aside from the fact that ordering contact lenses without the correct perscription is illegal, the risk of infection is relitively low and if you are over 18 good look to you, but corneal ulcers are a serious sight treating risk and unregulated supply to a minor is reckless.

It's hardly illegal lol, show me some legislation outlining that and I'll eat my words.

As for the rest of your posts, you can incorrectly use contact lens from any opticians or manufacturer. There is no added risk by ordering them online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

so lads, whats the best deal going at the mo for dailys , me missus need to get some soon,

thanks

30H!3 wrote: »
    I think this post should be deleted, it is most definitely not a dangerous website. The page you were redirected to was the securecode page and is quite common these days, it's actually added protection against credit card fraud.

Well, as long as the myth in the post is dispelled to the op's satisfaction i think.
    You are correct, a lot of sites send you to an additional verification page which is owned by the visa providor. The card owner should be aware of this and if not should contac their cc providor to get more details on it rather then accusing daysoft of anything.

To the other question, most online lens providors will not ship without a valid in date prescription, if I'm not mistaken it's where they're based or whatever charter they're signed up to forbids this. daysoft ship with just the details. At age 15 I would go to a regular highstreet optician and get her fitted for lenses, ask them to recommend a type of daily lens, try a month of them and them order from daysoft. Get an eye check once a year til 18 and once every 2 years after that. I wouldn't recommend wearing them in school all day.

daftdave wrote: »
    so lads, whats the best deal going at the mo for dailys , me missus need to get some soon,

thanks

Daysoft is yer only man. if you find cheaper anywhere let us know. Lot of seasoned lens wearers in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

Daysoft is yer only man. if you find cheaper anywhere let us know. Lot of seasoned lens wearers in this thread.

I see Daysoft are based in the Channel Islands. Is there any issue with custom duties if buying from them? I just got a 6-month supply delivered from DiscountContactLenses who have very good prices, but I got stung for customs duty which has undone a lot of the savings I was making over buying here.

Advertisement