Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw an abandoned classic and took a pic thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

granadamad wrote: »
    just found these pictures on my computer,forget i even had them

Scrapyard in Longford

Image005.jpg

Is this a Lincoln towncar from the mid 70s? is it an original irish reg? restoration project??

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭granadamad

i cant remember to be honest what it was,taken a while back,has no wing on the other side,i dont think anyone would be brave enough to restore this,rotten doesnt come close to desribing the rust situtation!

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Lauder

The BMW doesnt look that bad, it has to be worth taking for parts at the very least??The reg makes it a may 1983 dublin car.Is the phone inside by the gearstick part of an early 80s in car phone!!?:D
    Iv always liked those cars,they look great, and the interior is gorgeous with the wraparound dash.Im sure theres a a BMW head out there that would like the interior.

The rot is very bad in the beemer, a lot and lot of welding. engine bay solid though as is floor its just the outer panels and skins.

Yep has a in-car phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the reg info.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Lauder

how much is the guy looking for the bmw?i might be interested

Got it off her today, sitting in my garden. Outer panels all quite bad (all prob need replacing apart from boot and rear. Interior is in nice condition. Engine bay and floor solid enough, some minor welding there.

Not sure what to do with it, parts id say unless someone is willing to restore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

the one you want is a 2.8 super saloon, I cant get these in from Japan for a reasonable price in the best condition ever,if you want more info Send me a PM

Do you import cars from Japan? Any KE20 Levins out there?

• Advertisement

not one ke20 at the minute, had my brother do a search as its him he imports them

up to 40 thousand cars every day,if you want PM me and i can give you his contact details as I know 40 thousand seems far fetched!but its not!

and no KE20s at the minute, they must be extremely rare car

he just sent me this,it is up for auction in the next 24 hours
    TE27
    starting bids at 2318 euro but a very clean car,that is price in japan does not include final costs now or costs of having it imported. if car sold for 2400 euro youd be looking at somewhere in the region of another 2000-2500 to have it on the road in Ireland

24123986a__320x240.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Lauder wrote: »
    Spotted this in a garden last week. Been offered it by owner. Any thoughts? Could be too far gone for restoration, badly rusted. Interior is mint. Engine looks clean enough, have not tried to turn it over.

even if the engine works , take it.... how much ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Lauder wrote: »
    Got it off her today, sitting in my garden. Outer panels all quite bad (all prob need replacing apart from boot and rear. Interior is in nice condition. Engine bay and floor solid enough, some minor welding there.

Not sure what to do with it, parts id say unless someone is willing to restore it.

I'b be interested in taking that bmw off ya... better take it to pm if you're interested in a sale, don't want to spoil the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Do you import cars from Japan? Any KE20 Levins out there?
    I know they are not ke20 levins, but there are basic ke20saloons for sale in this months irish vintage mag...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I'd say that BMW is too far gone, certainly parts wont be cheap !

I think I recall that car from its "new" days as there was a very similar one around Dublin and I always wondered why the owner chose a bodykit over/instead of a set of nice OEM alloys !

Regarding the Crown, I think they got less attractive the newer the got and this one

crown1.jpg

...........was the first model officially imported into Ireland, followed by the much more common, on our roads anyways,
    1978_toyota_crown_front_404x304.jpg
    After this the one with the twin square lights arrived but there wern't as many and after that they sort of faded away !

• Advertisement

I know they are not ke20 levins, but there are basic ke20saloons for sale in this months irish vintage mag...

Thanks, must have a look. I'd be suspicious of Irish/UK cars due to rot. These yokes hardly lasted 6 or 7 years when new before they rusted badly.

my brother who does the importing when i asked him to see if there was any available for you said he seen one advertised in Ireland fo4 14,950 i think! Some crazy price anyway, they must be mega rare as not even one up for auction in Japan

Yeah, they'd be stupid money and seriously rare. Thanks for the help anyway

Thanks, must have a look. I'd be suspicious of Irish/UK cars due to rot. These yokes hardly lasted 6 or 7 years when new before they rusted badly.
    I think they are imports from japan, i doubt there is an irish K20 left!!;)I know where theres one in a field, but its mega rotten,ill shoot a pic next time im up there!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭aravan

Spotted these two lost souls in Timahoe Co. Laois today.

Almost like artwork!!
    crushedcars.jpg

I think they are imports from japan, i doubt there is an irish K20 left!!;)I know where theres one in a field, but its mega rotten,ill shoot a pic next time im up there!!

I have one in a field too! It rotted so badly that the chassis split and the car collapsed around the line of the A-pillars!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Blue850

This mint Irish reg K20 at the Killarney show last year
    KILLARNEY07017-1.jpg

I have one in a field too! It rotted so badly that the chassis split and the car collapsed around the line of the A-pillars!
    I have to ask,was she a kerry reg car?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Mac 3

nmacc wrote: »
    Strictly I'm pretty sure this isn't abandoned, but can anyone pinpoint the location?

2506923508_3d8c815683.jpg

I sure hope that this beauty is restored to her former glory. I only saw one up close for the first time in the states 2 years ago, even today they still look a million dollars..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭guano_jim

a citroen "dyane" i think and two DS's one of them appears to be a super-rare "safari" estate. just off the M50 at jct. 15

Some goners from the mildenhall pre 70 meet awhile back,anyone know what the elderly car top left is?
    index_258.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

^ That's just plain wrong. :mad:

pic on top left is a standard 10 from 1933

800px-1933_standard_10_arp.jpg

I have to ask,was she a kerry reg car?:D

Indeed she was! She was a 4-door version of the one in Blue850's pic above, on an RZX reg. One owner from new and I still have the tax book. I think she was last taxed in 1985 or 86!

Indeed she was! She was a 4-door version of the one in Blue850's pic above, on an RZX reg. One owner from new and I still have the tax book. I think she was last taxed in 1985 or 86!
    I had a red kadett with an RZX plate too around 10 years ago,it would be late 77,early 78.My kadett was jan 78,I should have kept her,but it was fair rotten...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I saw a 89 sierra cosworth dumped in a field over the weekend. The back passenger door was a bit melted-ish. I'd say it was sitting at least 5-6 years. The interior is perfect. Got the bonnet open and low and behold a cosworth engine. Last time it was taxed was 01. Such a waste. I have pics

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭DaveCol

Might be worth getting that Cosworth for the engine/parts

DaveCol wrote: »
    Might be worth getting that Cosworth for the engine/parts

It was last taxed in 01, i'm not a great mechanic but could the engine be seized etc. from sitting this long? Hang on 5 mins and i get the pics up

• Advertisement

Now
    DSC01907.jpg

DSC01909.jpg

I have a pic of the back of it but it shows the reg, should i rid of it first?

Advertisement