Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw an abandoned classic and took a pic thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Is that one of the scrappies near Ballyheigue?
    No,its out the listowel road from tralee, though the guy in ballyheigue had a few old bits and peices the last time i was there,though that was quite awhile ago now.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭nmacc

Anan1 wrote: »
    The Beacon hospital? (or Clinic, or whatever it's called!):)

Both close, but neither correct. It's actually the Beacon South Quarter. If you were to dig a hole in the fountain under Imaginosity you'd come out fairly close to it (but still a floor too high).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

It looks like it was driven home from the Terenure show and just left there. Either way, just to keep folk from wrecking it, the owner should have come down and taken it out for a wash at least !

It certainly will deteriorate if left like that !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭plissken

G Luxel wrote: »
    I passed this place today which had a row of cars at the side of the house in a field which included the saab and the mayflower. there was a purple lotus sunbeam in the driveway. I assume its the same place.

does anyone have any info/photos of the sunbeam i love those cars and if i could pick one up cheap for a project id be a happy man

plissken wrote: »
    does anyone have any info/photos of the sunbeam i love those cars and if i could pick one up cheap for a project id be a happy man
    They only made 400 or so of them, i doubt you would get a cheap one, though a replica might be a plan??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,477 ✭✭✭maidhc

plissken wrote: »

It is a funny place where those cars are. I don't know why a person collects cars and puts them sitting in a field of all places.

I'll try and get a few pics the next day i am passing the place in the tractor! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭plissken

They only made 400 or so of them, i doubt you would get a cheap one, though a replica might be a plan??

I'd probably prefer an original 1.1litre sunbeam that I could work on to a show car level, my dad had one growing up and i remember them fondly. However if i could pick up a lotus for cheap it would be tempting although it would of course cost me a good bit more in the long run to refurbish so Im a little cautious about it

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭granadamad

just found these pictures on my computer,forget i even had them

if you ask for info il try and remember!
    i found the pics of the red granada on another site just thought id share

pic6 i found online aswell

Pic0060.jpg

Pic0054.jpg

Pic0056.jpg

2103359777_a54b520174.jpg

452740629_4b5b0fe48a.jpg

sick.jpg

Scrapyard in Longford

Image005.jpg

A granada I found years ago!got some parts off it
    salon_granny.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Coxy_VW

granadamad wrote: »
    Pic0060.jpg

Pic0054.jpg

Pic0056.jpg

I've been looking for a Toyota Crown for ages. Most rotted away years ago. When I was 9 our neighbour got one and I thought it was the best car ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I remember when I was a young lad back in the early 90's, those Crown's were everywhere. I always thought they were real 'American' looking. Amazing how so many have disappeared into nothing.

• Advertisement

export had a lot to do with it aswell as all the other nice jap cars that covered the country at one stage!now being brought back in!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

When those blueish pics started loading first, granadamad, I thought they were underwater! The #4 pic of the granada is actually a great image. :)

On a side note - anyone watch the documentary on C4 on Monday "Life After People"?

It showed what would happen to cities and man-made things if humanity was to just disappear. Had some good CGI of what processes a car goes through over years of neglect. Thought of this thread!

Yeah I loved those Super Saloons too, they were very popular in the late 70's, quite plush too !

That Granada has really suffered hasn't it. It almost looks as though it was submerged, but thats what sitting under a few trees in long grass can do !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

452740629_4b5b0fe48a.jpg

Almost art that is!

Mike.

Dades wrote: »
    When those blueish pics started loading first, granadamad, I thought they were underwater!

ha,well I actualy borrowed a camera phone to take those at the time as i didn't even own one!So they are a few years old,and just about above water,sitting on very boggy mashy land

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

Coxy_VW wrote: »
    I've been looking for a Toyota Crown for ages.

I know of a dealer who recently brought in an early 1980's one from the UK in good nick. PM me if you want his details

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Blue850

Theres one on carzone
    Toyota Crown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Blue850 wrote: »
    Theres one on carzone
    Toyota Crown

Amazing how that 'ZV' reg. on the Crown (which isn't even 30 years old in the first place) is actually from a Chevrolet (according to Cartell).

Max_Damage wrote: »
    Amazing how that 'ZV' reg. on the Crown (which isn't even 30 years old in the first place) is actually from a Chevrolet (according to Cartell).

......yes that is very suspicious indeed ! Totally disrepresents the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Lauder

Spotted this in a garden last week. Been offered it by owner. Any thoughts? Could be too far gone for restoration, badly rusted. Interior is mint. Engine looks clean enough, have not tried to turn it over.

Image042.jpg

Image032.jpg

Image033.jpg

Image034.jpg

Image016.jpg

Image010.jpg

• Advertisement

Fantastic shots there!!!!:D:D
    The toyota crown is one of my favourite cars ever, the immense size of it, lovely interior,and the huge dashboard always impressed me.I thought i was the only person in the land that had any interest in them!!
    There was a good share of them raced in demolition derbys back in the day in rosegreen, and some were banger raced there too. I have some shots from a normal camera,i must try and get them scanned and post them up here.
    Did anyone spot the black one that was on carzone about a month ago?

The BMW doesnt look that bad, it has to be worth taking for parts at the very least??The reg makes it a may 1983 dublin car.Is the phone inside by the gearstick part of an early 80s in car phone!!?:D
    Iv always liked those cars,they look great, and the interior is gorgeous with the wraparound dash.Im sure theres a a BMW head out there that would like the interior.

I know of a dealer who recently brought in an early 1980's one from the UK in good nick. PM me if you want his details

I think the one I'm after is the late 70's one with twin headlights. I've seen a few 80's ones but they don't have the twin lights. What model has the dealer?

Coxy_VW wrote: »
    I think the one I'm after is the late 70's one with twin headlights.
    Yes, the late 70s ones were nicer,i think they had supersaloon 2600 badging on them.

how much is the guy looking for the bmw?i might be interested

Yes, the late 70s ones were nicer,i think they had supersaloon 2600 badging on them.

The one I want is like this one I sw in a scrapyard in Oz
    D1000115.jpg

I also saw this early 70's one that was really solid.
    D1000113.jpg
    D1000114.jpg

Yes, the one in the first pic is the one i like aswell.Gorgeous cars!!

the one you want is a 2.8 super saloon, I cant get these in from Japan for a reasonable price in the best condition ever,if you want more info Send me a PM

Before you want to buy one they give a complete spec list and every little stratch is outlined,offer a great service.

Here is one similar to the 2.6 super saloon carchaeologist talked about
    This one was for sale in Japan, i dont know where it ended up

And the second pic is the shape you are looking for?or that might be a slightly newer model its just an old pic i found while looking for the 2600

crown1.jpg

18516308a__320x240-1.jpg

Hmm..interesting!!What would a reasonable price be i wonder!!:D

• Advertisement

well did you see the one on carzone,a much newer shape and in my opinion not near as nice as the 70s crowns and they are looking 5.500!

The Crown in pic one,or one similar you have in Ireland on the road for 4,000 euro or maybe even less, how does that sound? They come out of Japan in the best condition!
    And low milage.

Am looking at restoring a granada coupe at the minute and want to bring in a crown similar to pic one when I can afford to do it

Advertisement