Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheryl Tweedy/ Cole/ Fernadez-Versini /

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

temply wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Excellent reply. You do realise that the reasons I gave are not my own? But are a mixture of what she has said herself and the journalist that interviewed her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

wee bey wrote: »
    Well i think she's amazing. Stunning looking girl. Most people who moan about her are insecure women. Most men love her and girls are just jealous of her. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

As a side issue does anybody know how much a new judge on American idol gets paid?

5 grand per show!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Degsy wrote: »
    As a side issue does anybody know how much a new judge on American idol gets paid?

5 grand per show!

J Lo? I thought she got $12m for the season..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 245 ✭✭montane

I think it's hilarious what has happened Cole. It's the X factor, people get fired every week.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

jaffa20 wrote: »
    J Lo? I thought she got $12m for the season..

not a bit of it..you can negotiate upwards once you have some ratings under your belt,otherwise it's chump change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

From Perez Hilton's website. There is so much BS attached to this story now I agree that we'll probably never really get the full story!

Although we doubt that we'll ever hear the full, true story as to why Cheryl Cole was axed only weeks into her position as judge on the US version of The X Factor, there are a variety of reports circulating as to what exactly went down behind the scenes, and dear lord, does it sound messy!

One alleged source close to the production of the series claims that the former Girls Aloud singer stepped on the toes of the network bosses because she refused to adapt to US culture AND promote herself better in the States!

The insider explains:

"Instead of attending the Grammy Awards and the Coachella music festival, putting herself out there in America, she sat in her hotel room eating *digestive biscuits. She just seemed very down. There was too much negativity around her. It's as if she still regrets getting divorced from Ashley Cole, when clearly she was still in love with him. She just didn't help herself. She was *offered elocution *lessons and said, 'No.' She was offered a stylist and said, 'No.' And then she came out on the first day *wearing that hideous outfit. And the reaction from Fox was like, 'What the **** is she *wearing?' Cheryl seemed uncomfortable as if she didn't like judging the acts. And at the end of the day that isn't what the TV execs wanted."
    Meanwhile, other sources are pointing the finger of blame at Simon Cowell, who seemed to not realize that combining both Chezza and Paula Abdul, who both enjoyed playful banter with him on their previous shows, would be 'disastrous!'

They reveal:
    "He never thought through how Cheryl and Paula could work together when their whole performance is based on a giggly, playful relationship with him. Only one can sit next to him and do that. Having the two of them was never going to work, and the fact Simon even entertained the idea shows a lack of judgement that has been noted by everyone in the industry."

Ouch! What an effing mess!
    And certainly an embarrassment on everyone's parts, as the judging selection should have NEVER taken this long, let alone a switch-up this late in the game!

Here's hoping that whatever goes down, it can be resolved and quickly!
    We don't want this to be an indication of what the show is going to look like when it finally premieres!

Fingers crossed!

Source

• Registered Users Posts: 85,413 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wonder will she go back to Girls Aloud now since she aint got a job on the UK and US X Factor shows

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Nelson Muntz

She might host big brother. That would be right up her street. A mob of mindless sycophants constantly telling her how great she is & being the focus of attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

:D This actually couldn't have worked out any better. Gone from UK X Factor, only to be lined up as a judge on US X Factor (grrr), but then she gets ditched from the US show and isn't returning to the UK show!!! YIPPPEEEE!!!

The only reason Cheryl's music did well was because she was a judge on X Factor. Other than that, she is useless by herself. Girls Aloud are good but that's 5 of them. Cheryl is gonna go nowhere now that she doesn't have her X Factor career anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

It sounds like Cheryl was told to change everything about herself, that's gotta knock your confidence. The less confident she became, the less she felt able to put herself out there, so the less time America had for her.

The whole mess should never have been allowed to happen. You can't send a sheepdog out to teach a math class and then get angry at the dog for not being a great math teacher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

She might host big brother. That would be right up her street. A mob of mindless sycophants constantly telling her how great she is & being the focus of attention.
    I was thinking she could join the cast of Geordie Shore. After all, she is so proud of her roots she refused to change her accent. At least on that show she will fit right in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Gracee

I like Ms.Cole but she just should have picked herself up and joined BXF. The longer she hides and rages at Mr.Fox and Mr.Nasty the longer the story will drag on and on and she'll be forever written about as Cheryl Cole who was dropped from AXF even when she's just out spotted buying a skinny latte.C'mon she looked way out of her depth when she showed up looking like Diana Prince hiding the fact she's secretly Wonder Woman the first day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Expect her and Ashley Cole to "reuinte" soon, cue Hello/OK and every other rag.

tinkerbell wrote: »
    :D This actually couldn't have worked out any better. Gone from UK X Factor, only to be lined up as a judge on US X Factor (grrr), but then she gets ditched from the US show and isn't returning to the UK show!!! YIPPPEEEE!!!

The only reason Cheryl's music did well was because she was a judge on X Factor. Other than that, she is useless by herself. Girls Aloud are good but that's 5 of them. Cheryl is gonna go nowhere now that she doesn't have her X Factor career anymore.

Lovin' your snarky gigglesnort loathing of Ms. Tweedy/aka racist convicted thug ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

and then she will be trying for the baby she always wanted so another interview in Hello/ok and loads more cash for the interview:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I think the real reason she was given the heave-ho is down to her lack of feet.

Americans are weird like that.

cheryl.jpg

^ state of her!.....she's looks like one of the kids of The Partridge Family!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 deepeedublin

she's a good looking girl, but that's an awful look on her.....Totally agree with the americans insisting on their stars having feet...i use mine nearly every day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

Interesting...
    An interesting angle on Chezza's X
    Factor debacle came from a friend close
    to a US gossip column. Someone was
    apparently looking into doing an
    introductory story on Cheryl focusing
    on the incident where she assaulted a
    black toilet attendant. Network execs
    were already looking at a difficult
    launch, putting it up against the newly
    revitalised American Idol, and so the
    idea of having an unknown judge who
    might put off the genre's huge
    African-American audience was a worry
    too much. At least this way all the
    furore has got them a big media splash.
    And while Cheryl's doofus management
    (i.e. will.i.am) might have deepened
    her rift with her mentor with huge
    financial demands for UK X Factor,
    the fact that she's been on the phone
    to his enemy/rival Simon Fuller about
    her career wouldn't have helped.
    And if we know this, you can betcha
    Cowell does too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 deepeedublin

yea, makes a lot of sense...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Lovin' your snarky gigglesnort loathing of Ms. Tweedy/aka racist convicted thug ;)

:pac: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

The front page of tomorrows Sun has a picture of Ashley Cole with his wedding ring back on :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,413 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

^ legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

And the plot thickens....

http://m.mirror.co.uk/article?a=m4:23180331

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

what a farce! so the whole thing was a load of crap... just to generate publicity?

temply wrote: »
    what a farce! so the whole thing was a load of crap... just to generate publicity?

It appears this is a ploy to deny Cheryl her cash, as maybe they expect her to refuse to go back.....i mean, are they taking the piss?
    If she goes back she'll look really bad!...desperate or hungry for cash. Tbh....the American public would never take to her if she went back tail between the legs.

I think SyCo and Fox know this and just want an out to paying her money. Or....it could all be staged :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭Dull and Boring

But we just got rid of her:(

Publicity stunt again, Xfactor is so staged:mad:

Advertisement