Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheryl Tweedy/ Cole/ Fernadez-Versini /

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Ouch that's gotta hurt. I normally couldn't care less but I feel bad for the girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

Nicole must be delighted. Was it ever going to work with no one knowing Cheryl over there and then for them to try and understand the accent. Simon definitely won't be getting any now. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

There's no way that the reason she got dropped is because of her accent - her accent is not that difficult to understand. She clearly got dropped because she lacks talent and the producers actually have standards on the US show.

Delighted! Does that mean she'll be back onto the UK X Factor though? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Can't be to do with lacking talent, if it is then what's Abdul doing still on the panel?

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dymo

tinkerbell wrote: »
    She clearly got dropped because she lacks talent and the producers actually have standards on the US show.

Another reason is that the judging panel lacked any chemistry between them all and Cheryl was seen as the weakest link by producers. She hasn't got much of a personality and she's always been living off the currency of her looks for years. Stupid of Cowell to think she was going to wow America when she lacks any charisma. Her outfit she wore on her first day was awful which probably frightened the producers.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRulxRZ6Q409vxe_2hQSbjVV-eLvzBMzUz2UIjKcEZlIXkFemAF

• Registered Users Posts: 85,732 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Flojo wrote: »
    Ouch that's gotta hurt. I normally couldn't care less but I feel bad for the girl.

I dont feel sorry for her at all she really got too big for her boots this is great news keep her off the UK show as well :)

She can join Geordie Shore now

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I dont feel sorry for her at all she really got too big for her boots this is great news keep her off the UK show as well :)

She can join Geordie Shore now

She'd be a silly girl if she didn't go back to the UK X Factor - sure without it what is she?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

I just noticed the height similarity between nicole scherzinger and Cheryl Cole
    They are practically the same height judging from this pic. Yet everyone goes on about "pint Size Cheryl" no one ever mentions Nicole S as being pint sized. Weird They are both still hot Woo yeah !!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

ronan45 wrote: »
    I just noticed the height similarity between nicole scherzinger and Cheryl Cole
    They are practically the same height judging from this pic. Yet everyone goes on about "pint Size Cheryl" no one ever mentions Nicole S as being pint sized. Weird They are both still hot Woo yeah !!!!!!!!!

Cheryl Cole's height is 5ft 3in while Nicole Scherzinger's height is 5ft 5.5in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Russell Brands quote on hearing she had being dropped

Brand told ITV's Daybreak: "Our Cheryl? That cannae be right! Our Cheryl, kicked off X Factor? What, the American one? And I've come to this country in good faith and they've kicked Cheryl off, our Cheryl? Oh no! She's Britain's sweetheart."

Asked why he thinks American viewers would struggle to understand Cole, he remarked: "Is that what they don't understand - the accent? Just listen more, just listen very intently.

"All them things she's saying - that's English."

As the Americans would say ' yes Russell but not as we know it ' . Have to feel a bit sorry for her but there might be more to it then just her accent , those pants for a start ....Uuugh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

Latchy wrote: »
    Russell Brands quote on hearing she had being dropped

Brand told ITV's Daybreak: "Our Cheryl? That cannae be right! Our Cheryl, kicked off X Factor? What, the American one? And I've come to this country in good faith and they've kicked Cheryl off, our Cheryl? Oh no! She's Britain's sweetheart."

Asked why he thinks American viewers would struggle to understand Cole, he remarked: "Is that what they don't understand - the accent? Just listen more, just listen very intently.

"All them things she's saying - that's English."

As the Americans would say ' yes Russell but not as we know it ' . Have to feel a bit sorry for her but there might be more to it then just her accent , those pants for a start ....Uuugh

The way his career is going... it won't be long till the Yanks send him packing back home to the UK too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

This post has been deleted.

Well... I love the colours, but surely the trousers are too long??

To be honest, I think having 2 Brits on the jury was pushing things. Look at this cast picture: 6 people; 3 limeys. You know how conservative and insular the yanks are. They think British people are kinda sinister because they don't speak English right.
    It never made sense making an unknown English girl a judge, giving her the power of (career) life and death, with all-American Nicole (who's gorgeous and known for being a grafter who's very much in charge of her own destiny) relegated to holding the hand of tuneless Tiffany from Tallulah as Cheryl blinked and said, 'I yam soooo sorry, pet...'

article-1390959-0C44C71300000578-694_634x471.jpg

Legendary music producer LA Reid told MailOnline he hadn’t even met Cheryl. And when asked what he thought of Simon Cowell’s choice he replied: ‘I don’t know man. I’ve never listened to her music.’

:p

You'd wonder if it was all a publicity stunt too... On twitter this morning Dan Wooten said he had been told that Nicole had already been openly telling people she expected to be elevated to the judging panel soon.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Cheryl Cole is the perfect example of some one who thinks she is better or more talented than she really is. She should be over the moon with the way she has it in the UK with such limited talent, never mind trying to make it in the US.

The problem is the UK audience is so thick, they have yet to turn on her.

Cheryl's loyal mum Joan Callaghan was even more bullish.
    She told pals: "Cheryl has been paid off to come back to the UK to sort out the show. Simon told her Tulisa just wasn't strong enough. The deal is she will be seen as the head judge, even above Gary Barlow."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/3603831/Cheryl-Cole-I-never-saw-it-coming.html#ixzz1NXcfxxei

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

It's like bloody musical chairs at this stage.. I wish they'd just get on with it, it's getting boring now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭EraseAndRewind

one thing i wonder about is why she still refers to herself as cheryl 'cole'

i mean have some dignity woman the b*stard cheated on u and broke your heart yet u still keep his name ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

i mean have some dignity woman the b*stard cheated on u and broke your heart yet u still keep his name ??

Is it true they're on again?

Anyway I hope the UK one won't have her back but Simon pulls the strings so I presume she'll be back. She ain't Britain's golden girl anymore though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭EraseAndRewind

supposedly it is??she was photographed posing with fans outside ashleys mothers house a few days ago ...she would be a fool to take him back but i suppose anything would be better than looking at that gormless derek lol

hubbie is CONVINCED that her and simon cowell are together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

It's her brand name. More people will recognise the name Cheryl Cole than Cheryl Tweedy.
    I tell her about a 10-year-old girl who insists on calling her Cheryl Tweedy because it is empowering and Tweedy is her true name. No, she says, she's staying as Cole, and that's the truly empowering thing to do. "I don't feel sentimental about the name. If I went back to being Cheryl Tweedy, I'd be… I'm not ashamed of my marriage, it's a period in my life. And I am Cheryl Cole. That's how I feel." Cheryl Tweedy is who she was as a little girl, she says, and that's a lifetime away. And Cheryl Cole is who she's been most successful as, and Cheryl Cole sounds a cool name, and Cheryl Cole is a great brand. Why shouldn't she keep hold of the positives from her marriage?
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2010/oct/23/cheryl-cole-interview-simon-hattenstone

She was convicted under the name Tweedy..

Hence her keeping Cole as her surname

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

temply wrote: »
    She was convicted under the name Tweedy..

Hence her keeping Cole as her surname

Using a married name does not erase a criminal record. The reasons given in my post above are far more likely. The name Cheryl Cole is a successful brand name. That is what she is known as by a majority of people.Cheryl Tweedy was just one of Girls Aloud, Cheryl Cole is a far more well known name.

Using a married name does not erase a criminal record. The reasons given in my post above are far more likely. The name Cheryl Cole is a successful brand name. That is what she is known as by a majority of people.Cheryl Tweedy was just one of Girls Aloud, Cheryl Cole is a far more well known name.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Yeah, the attractive one who couldn't sing from Girls Aloud. Cheryl Cole certainly sounds better than Cheryl Tweedy but if she is truly not ashamed of her past, she should revert back to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

Deadline up for UK X factor so now she won't be on either the US or UK shows.

I'm so disappointed :rolleyes::P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭wee bey

Well i think she's amazing. Stunning looking girl. Most people who moan about her are insecure women. Most men love her and girls are just jealous of her. :D

Advertisement