Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

He summarized the "bugging" as "ah sure you know when you go home and connect to the wifi and you're offered other wifi's"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

He summarized the "bugging" as "ah sure you know when you go home and connect to the wifi and you're offered other wifi's"

He was actually really annoying about that. He needs to get his facts straight before just dismissing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

BaZmO* wrote: »
    He was actually really annoying about that. He needs to get his facts straight before just dismissing it.

I think they're taking Paul Williams at face value there but there's something rotten in the state of Denmark when it comes to the Independent's coverage of the whole affair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭dr Golden

Ray Darcy peaked a couple of years ago and now his ratings are in decline, He is never going to attract new listeners again, like most of today fm he is stale and middle aged.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I've only seen a couple of episodes (with my god daughter) but I don't remember getting that impression. I'm not going to argue with you though because I can't remember it that well. But it did sound like Ray making mountains

The daddy pig thing is annoying in Peppa Pig and it does you wonder what the reaction would be if they portrayed the mother pig like that. Not going to ruin my day or anything but it makes you wonder.

• Advertisement

The daddy pig thing is annoying in Peppa Pig and it does you wonder what the reaction would be if they portrayed the mother pig like that. Not going to ruin my day or anything but it makes you wonder.

When people complain about men being portrayed in a negative light on tv I always think of Homer's quote, "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

It's hardly oppressive towards men to portrayed as being silly every now and then.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,253 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

if you think 'silly daddy' in peppa pig is bad... wait till they get to "amazing world of gumball" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Horse84

dr Golden wrote: »
    Ray Darcy peaked a couple of years ago and now his ratings are in decline, He is never going to attract new listeners again, like most of today fm he is stale and middle aged.

Now now it's because of the emigration his numbers are falling;)

When people complain about men being portrayed in a negative light on tv I always think of Homer's quote, "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

It's hardly oppressive towards men to portrayed as being silly every now and then.

I don't get this. I say I feel that portrayal of the Dad is annoying and you equate that to me saying I feel oppressed? If we've penises are we not allowed to comment if we think the portrayal of stereotypes isn't the greatest because it's good enough for us?

Horse84 wrote: »
    Now now it's because of the emigration his numbers are falling;)

I emigrated to 2fm, boring?-yes,

but i dont find myself shouting 'Dickhead' at the radio anymore

• Advertisement

I don't get this. I say I feel that portrayal of the Dad is annoying and you equate that to me saying I feel oppressed? If we've penises are we not allowed to comment if we think the portrayal of stereotypes isn't the greatest because it's good enough for us?

It was moreso directed at RD, and maybe the word oppressed was misplaced, but yeah it’s only a cartoon and it’s only having a slight pop at the most privileged group in society so I can’t understand why it bothers some people so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Horse84

I emigrated to 2fm, boring?-yes,

but i dont find myself shouting 'Dickhead' at the radio anymore

Wait, I thought I was the only one who did that :)?? I turned him off ages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Jason Priestley: A sense of humour... who woulda counted on that! Funny interview gotta say!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Really good interview with Jason Priestley, enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Was he talking about bras again this morning??? My god that show is obsessed with bras, sports bras, strapless bras, being measured for bras… and of course, Jenny and Mairaid think they are oracles of knowledge on the subject just because they have breasts!

The Jason Priestly interview was good though, he seems like a sound bloke.

ncmc wrote: »
    Was he talking about bras again this morning??? My god that show is obsessed with bras, sports bras, strapless bras, being measured for bras… and of course, Jenny and Mairaid think they are oracles of knowledge on the subject just because they have breasts!

Well now to be fair, I too would consider myself a bit of a know it all about bras too. If you have boobs that require a bra, you do sorta know a bit about them. Odd but true.

The JP interview was funny and very enjoyable. The security guard thing is getting on me wick a bit though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

RachaelVO wrote: »
    Well now to be fair, I too would consider myself a bit of a know it all about bras too. If you have boobs that require a bra, you do sorta know a bit about them. Odd but true.

The JP interview was funny and very enjoyable. The security guard thing is getting on me wick a bit though!

Boobs AND a wick:confused::D

It was moreso directed at RD, and maybe the word oppressed was misplaced, but yeah it’s only a cartoon and it’s only having a slight pop at the most privileged group in society so I can’t understand why it bothers some people so much.

Ah, I say something about a minor quibble and the counter-argument is that I'm part of the most privileged group in society to make what I'm saying look even more petty. So in essence, any discussion relating to anything to do with men is redundant because we're members of the most privileged members of society? Nice one.

Ah, I say something about a minor quibble and the counter-argument is that I'm part of the most privileged group in society to make what I'm saying look even more petty. So in essence, any discussion relating to anything to do with men is redundant because we're members of the most privileged members of society? Nice one.

:pac:

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Boobs AND a wick:confused::D

Candle wick.... You're just filthy :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

We've taken to listening to 4FM in the office now in the mornings. Radio is usually set to Today FM from the previous evening (K-Dizzle, T-Bone and M-Dawg) so we'll usually try and stick D'arcy for a while. We got as far the bra discussion this morning. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Really good interview with Jason Priestley, enjoyed it.
    ncmc wrote: »

Two interviews a day apart and yet the quality could not be more different. The difference being that Ray was actually interested in talking to Priestley about his film, and clearly had no interest in PMG's Fiddler On The Roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭joe6pack

Just curious if anyone knows...Does Ray D'Arcy have any children and what does he do for exercise?

joe6pack wrote: »
    Just curious if anyone knows...Does Ray D'Arcy have any children and what does he do for exercise?

Nope, it's all rumour and supposition. AFAIK he spys on Dustin for exercise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

That priestly boy I do not know. I googled him and height came up in the predicted search. Is he really only 4ft 11? Surely Darcy asked him about that?

Neeson wrote: »
    That priestly boy I do not know. I googled him and height came up in the predicted search. Is he really only 4ft 11? Surely Darcy asked him about that?

Maybe

38719_54_news_hub_33373_588x448.jpg

Maybe

38719_54_news_hub_33373_588x448.jpg

Do they not have heating in the studio? What's with the scarves?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

Do they not have heating in the studio? What's with the scarves?

Ray is trying to be trendy with the suit jacket and scarf. He doesn't want to come across as old as I think he has mentioned that he has 2 young kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I just caught the end of some guy emailing in about his wedding video.

At the end of the email he said "I would like to wish you and jenny a happy 6 month anniversary".

WTF? I wonder do many of Rays posse of followers actually keep a diary with notes on what he did on certain days.

I bet there are people texting in wishing his kids a happy birthday as they keep those dates on the kitchen wall planner too. Some people.............

• Advertisement

BPKS wrote: »
    I just caught the end of some guy emailing in about his wedding video.

At the end of the email he said "I would like to wish you and jenny a happy 6 month anniversary".

WTF? I wonder do many of Rays posse of followers actually keep a diary with notes on what he did on certain days.

I bet there are people texting in wishing his kids a happy birthday as they keep those dates on the kitchen wall planner too. Some people.............

I would imagine the only reason he actually knew they were 6 months married is cos the emailer is too. Easy to remember.

But you could well be right about the birthday thing ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement