Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Horse84

Sorry of this was asked before but did Darcy or any of the team make reference to the latest jnlr figures at all? No mention of emigration or anything like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

I'm fairly sure that there has been no mention of the JNLR's since the figures came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

I know it's a bit of a running joke on here about how much time he talks about kids but, another show today about breast feeding and parenting !!!!! It's no wonder people are switching off in their thousands he's obsessed with this topic!

lambayire wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure that there has been no mention of the JNLR's since the figures came out.

Funny that, I remember some cockiness certainly on mairead's part a few years back when the numbers were very good. Do u think Darcy, his team or today fm management realise the show is in decline and there's an acknowledgement and intention to change or is there just a denial there? It would certainly seem the latter if emigration is being mentioned as the cause of the listenership decline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Does Ray Darcy think he has a degree in politics that gives him some sort of divine right to pontificate about how politicians work for 15 minutes virtually every morning?

It's the worst kind of populist soap-boxing and nothing he says is anything more than a bland cliche

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Darcy himself has declined a lot lately. I think it's the huge market share...RTE cannot compete because the music is dire. When you listen to the show next, imagine it's a new show and judge darcy on his performance on the day...it's not good. He acts like a parody of a person.

Darcy himself has declined a lot lately. I think it's the huge market share...RTE cannot compete because the music is dire. When you listen to the show next, imagine it's a new show and judge darcy on his performance on the day...it's not good. He acts like a parody of a person.

It's just so lazy. The first fifteen minutes basically sum up the lackluster attitude to production

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Male chastity belts.............FFS.

It's like listening to Dear Frankie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭Mr Boom Boom

Seriously he's a 50 year old man. He's not cool, hip or down with the kids anymore. The Den was 25 years ago. He ain't that guy any more - hasnt been for some time

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i'd say the bosses would be nervous about doing anything as technically it "still works"

He's safe enough with tubridy in opposition. I did enjoy NOVA this morning they have a decent morning show now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Chastity belts!

I don't listen to the show often but anytime I hear the program he's talking about something sexual. Jaysus. Don't want to hear that sh1te that early in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I know it's a bit of a running joke on here about how much time he talks about kids but, another show today about breast feeding and parenting !!!!! It's no wonder people are switching off in their thousands he's obsessed with this topic!

Breast feeding until the age of 3!? Am I the only one who finds that weird?

Also, for a woman who runs a sex toys industry, that last guest was ridiculously anal (pun intended, but seriously she was)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭dr Golden

FunLover18 wrote: »

Also, for a woman who runs a sex toys industry, that last guest was ridiculously anal (pun intended, but seriously she was)
    Id say ray's ma is still breast feeding him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Not one gasp he gave, but two!
    breastfeeding til 3 & staying in same bed til 6 :P Didnt he come from a family of nine, i'm pretty sure he mentioned that once or twice.

Btw: he'll have no problem with losing listeners, he may he getting an influx soon from 2fm :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

Carrot cake man on the news just there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I don't usually post here, I usually enjoy the show and I find the criticisms here a bit over the top at times, but I have to say, another tasting segment, one that requires silence while they're tasting no less, is just stupid. it's like he wants people to complain. Even Jenny said she was going to gag at the sounds of eating and drinking water.

What's wrong with having a discussion on chocolate without the tasting? Or do the tasting off-air even. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I don't usually post here, I usually enjoy the show and I find the criticisms here a bit over the top at times, but I have to say, another tasting segment, one that requires silence while they're tasting no less, is just stupid. it's like he wants people to complain. Even Jenny said she was going to gag at the sounds of eating and drinking water.

What's wrong with having a discussion on chocolate without the tasting? Or do the tasting off-air even. :confused:

Moncrieff gets the right balance when he does Movies & Booze on a Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

neris wrote: »
    Carrot cake man on the news just there?

Carrot cake man is hilarious... he was on talking to Ray I was in stitches, not a straight answer to be had from him. Wonder is he a politician!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Did any of ye hear how irate Ray got when some woman was being interviewed and said jokingly that new parents aren't the best advertisement for parenthood. He snapped back quite crossly that she didn't know him and parenthood was wonderful and how it had changed him for the better. He came across as very thin-skinned. She was only talking quite flippantly and not about anyone in general.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭Mr Boom Boom

Did any of ye hear how irate Ray got when some woman was being interviewed and said jokingly that new parents aren't the best advertisement for parenthood. He snapped back quite crossly that she didn't know him and parenthood was wonderful and how it had changed him for the better. He came across as very thin-skinned. She was only talking quite flippantly and not about anyone in general.

He doth protesteth too much methinks !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

I didn't take it that way at all... I don't think he snapped, more giving a different angle, sorta being a parent has changed his life sorta thing. Maybe I was only half listening.

But I did agree with her, for me the first 9-10 weeks we looked like zombies, not a good look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

RachaelVO wrote: »
    I didn't take it that way at all... I don't think he snapped, more giving a different angle, sorta being a parent has changed his life sorta thing. Maybe I was only half listening.

But I did agree with her, for me the first 9-10 weeks we looked like zombies, not a good look

I think he took her up all wrong and realised that she was talking about sleep deprivation and relaxed again. But he got irate initially and did talk over her saying quite pointedly 'You don't know me…' I'm usually not one bothered complaining about him on this thread but it came across quite badly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

Infairness he came across as a bit of a arse with that interruption. But when he realised what she meant he relaxed again. But he dose like to let the world know that he is a super Dad regularly on the show, which is a bit sad.
    I don't hear the show as much anymore but either last week or the start of this week there was a text about which was the most skillfull sport or something like that. There was some kind of expert on and when he mentioned darts, Darcy jumped in with IT'S NOT A REAL SPORT! IT'S NOT A REAL SPORT! IT'S NOT A REAL SPORT! The guest didn't know what to say for a second. He was just comparing different skills. Even when it's just something not serious or a bit of fun he can't but help interrupt his guests. I find that one of his most annoying traits.

On that interrupting habit, has any guest taken him to task over it? I'd absolutely love it if someone really did rip him to shreds some day live on air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Horse84 wrote: »
    On that interrupting habit, has any guest taken him to task over it? I'd absolutely love it if someone really did rip him to shreds some day live on air.

with the interrupts though it can be the phonelines sometimes, i was on his show a few months back and i found it really hard to talk to him as i had to listen to him talking while i was talking, it came out normal-ish on air but there was some weird time delay there i automatically adjusted for that other guests might not...

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

hoodwinked wrote: »
    with the interrupts though it can be the phonelines sometimes, i was on his show a few months back and i found it really hard to talk to him as i had to listen to him talking while i was talking, it came out normal-ish on air but there was some weird time delay there i automatically adjusted for that other guests might not...

You had to listen to everything he said.... twice!! I can't imagine anything more dreadful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

You had to listen to everything he said.... twice!! I can't imagine anything more dreadful

A: i <3 Ray! i was a The Den kid :D

b: i also won money in a comp so :D:D

Darcy once again showing just how ill-prepared and lazy the show is this morning

He was talking about the Mike Phillips/Niall Horan twitter row and wrongly claimed that Phillips had elbowed Paddy Jackson after scoring his try on Saturday. In fact it was Liam Williams, not Phillips

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

De-boar-ah?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

De-boar-ah?

To be fair to RD, it must have taken all his willpower not to say "Go on out of it with your funny spelling, we will stick with Deborah!",

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement