Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I think he might have a tad more than 15,000 listeners. ;)

That's why I said he was 'up' 15,000 listeners ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I think he might have a tad more than 15,000 listeners. ;)

The poster said that he is up 15,000 on the latest JNLR.

Well done to them ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Paracore wrote: »
    The same Ryan who was hypocritical enough to shove blow up his nose and then have the audacity to brand drug dealers and users 'low life' and s'scum'?
    You are confused - he was saying that other drug dealers and users were 'low-lifes'. Not him and his dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

batm!ke wrote: »
    That's why I said he was 'up' 15,000 listeners ;)
    The poster said that he is up 15,000 on the latest JNLR.

Well done to them ...

Yeah, yeah, whatever!! ;):o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 183 ✭✭Paracore

You are confused - he was saying that other drug dealers and users were 'low-lifes'. Not him and his dealer.

Well obviously he wasn't were did I say he was? Anyway it was a remarkable case of double standards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Paracore wrote: »
    Well obviously he wasn't were did I say he was? Anyway it was a remarkable case of double standards.

sarcasm-detector-o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Back on topic please.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

OldGoat wrote: »
    Back on topic please.
    May I ask what the topic is? The heading is the Ray Darcy show thread & it just seems to be personal attacks on the guy by mindless cretins here, will take another ban for this, but Ryan was a horrible human being who lived his life by a different set of rules to the ones he preached. At least Darcy is consistent in his blandness, in both his personal life & his radio persona

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Lelantos wrote: »
    May I ask what the topic is?
    The heading is the Ray Darcy show thread

Answered your own question there! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

May I ask what the topic is? The heading is the Ray Darcy show thread & it just seems to be personal attacks on the guy by mindless cretins here, will take another ban for this, but Ryan was a horrible human being who lived his life by a different set of rules to the ones he preached. At least Darcy is consistent in his blandness, in both his personal life & his radio persona

I imagine his friends and family may disagree with you. :mad:

Hope to God they don't read this thread. Speaking of cretins, some of the posters here should take a long hard look at themselves. Should the man not be let rest in peace?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

To be fair, I don't think it's fair to characterise the criticisms of D'Arcy's on-air persona and the show in general as 'mindless personal attacks' by 'mindless cretins'.

I'm not going to disagree with you too strenuously on Ryan though...

telekon wrote: »

I imagine his friends and family may disagree with you. :mad:

Hope to God they don't read this thread. Speaking of cretins, some of the posters here should take a long hard look at themselves. Should the man not be let rest in peace?
    His cohorts in rte you mean? Probably not, maybe his wife will have a story to tell someday, who knows

To be fair, I don't think it's fair to characterise the criticisms of D'Arcy's on-air persona and the show in general as 'mindless personal attacks' by 'mindless cretins'.

I'm not going to disagree with you too strenuously on Ryan though...
    Any right thinking person couldn't disagree too strenuously to be truthful :b

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Congrats to Dr. Pixie McKenna on the birth of her daughter, Darcy Trixie Bell Mitchell!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Congrats to Dr. Pixie McKenna on the birth of her daughter, Darcy Trixie Bell Mitchell!!!

Vomit.

Just because she has a ridiculous name, there's no need to take it out on her kid...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Darcy Trixie Bell Mitchell!!!

Please tell me this is a piss take....

Please?

PLEASE?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

telekon wrote: »
    Vomit.

Just because she has a ridiculous name, there's no need to take it out on her kid...

Each to their own :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Her actual name is Elizabeth, or Margaret, or Catherine, something like that, her brothers wrote their pet dogs name on her pram so she started to get called Pixie after the dog.

I like Darcy as a name, not Trixie Bell!

It is the name she has given to her daughter, she was on speaking with ray, each to their own, there are a lot worse names out there!!

Really enjoyed that interview with Keith Duffy there. Was the only part of the show I got to hear this morning and thought twas great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed that interview with Keith Duffy there. Was the only part of the show I got to hear this morning and thought twas great.

I heard it aswell but everytine I hear Keith Duffy on radio or tv I hear the gift grub character and what he says. I actually dont mind Keith Duffy but cant stop hearing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I heard it aswell but everytine I hear Keith Duffy on radio or tv I hear the gift grub character and what he says. I actually dont mind Keith Duffy but cant stop hearing that.

Howya buddies.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 3grrr3

So another woman has asked the Ray Darcy show to help her track down the man she had a one stand with over a year ago. She found out she was pregnant now wants to find the daddy. WTF is wrong with these women? Do they really think it's going to have a fairytale ending, because believe me that's never going to happen. Do they think the man is going to run to her side and take this child on straight away? Do they think he is going to love it and form a bond from the start? No they are not. The only thing that the man will have is hatred. He will hate that this girl who he slept with one night a year or more ago, is having his description and his life broadcast over national radio.
    This woman has no idea what she is doing. Has she even thought about him in any of this? What about the girlfriend/wife or partner he has and what its going to do to them? He may have been single when he slept with her but now is in a relationship and thinking of starting a family. This girl has put all of that in jeopardy. I bet this girl hasn't given him or his loved ones a single thought.
    This girl made her decision to have this child, she should not be dragging him into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Ray decided to blame Jerry Seinfeld again today for being "a terrible interviewee". I have seen many interviews with Jerry Seinfeld and all were funny. Ray starts his interview by giving a physical description of himself then asks and answers most of his own questions while stumbling from emm to eeehh to aaah while constantly doing his false laugh at his own jokes. All those other interviewers must have gotten lucky with Jerry while poor old Ray discovered how brutal he really is at interviews. Seriously his arrogance is reaching new levels.:mad::mad::mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Ray decided to blame Jerry Seinfeld again today for being "a terrible interviewee". I have seen many interviews with Jerry Seinfeld and all were funny. Ray starts his interview by giving a physical description of himself then asks and answers most of his own questions while stumbling from emm to eeehh to aaah while constantly doing his false laugh at his own jokes. All those other interviewers must have gotten lucky with Jerry while poor old Ray discovered how brutal he really is at interviews. Seriously his arrogance is reaching new levels.:mad::mad::mad:

? anyone got a link to referenced interview?

my friend wrote: »

It should be on their podcast listings for the show.

It's up on the today fm podcasts have a listen and see do you agree.

got it.

wow, Ray confirms his local yokel mindset in that interview.

excruciating.

got it.

wow, Ray confirms his local yokel mindset in that interview.

excruciating.

I know and the worst part is that all "the team" agree that Jerry needs to practice his interview skills !!!!

• Advertisement

I know and the worst part is that all "the team" agree that Jerry needs to practice his interview skills !!!!

who Seinfeld must have been thinking of when speaking with Lil Ray....

seinfeld_george_310x450.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement