Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭LLU

Man that was a soberingly bad interview! I can already imagine it becoming valuable material in media training for years to come! And God why did he feel the need to have this lengthy description of himself at the beginning? Never heard anyone else do that before.

I thought Seinfeld was perfectly civil and personable throughout although I'd agree that after three quarters through he got fed up. Understandably.

I noticed also that Seinfeld had a tendency to open a lot of his responses with 'No...' - but not at all in a combative or unpleasant way and largely due to the ill thought out questions he was being asked. I suspect this threw Ray off even more although he was clearly drowning from the moment he opened his mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

He's way out of his depth and far too nervous when he attempts to interview any big stars. He should leave it to the experts.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

el diablo wrote: »
    He's way out of his depth and far too nervous when he attempts to interview any big stars. He should leave it to the experts.

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Ray this morning: "Ah here, I'm not reading out any of these messages. It's just going to annoy me"

Refusing to read messages because they go against his opinion.

Amazing broadcaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

Ray this morning: "Ah here, I'm not reading out any of these messages. It's just going to annoy me"

Amazing broadcaster.

In fairness, some of those people's opinions were purely stupid and misinformed. I was getting annoyed just listening to him reading them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,040 ✭✭✭✭neris

Amazing broadcaster.

Must have gotten lessons from Joe Duffy then

In fairness, some of those people's opinions were purely stupid and misinformed. I was getting annoyed just listening to him reading them.

Agreed. A lot of his listeners wouldn't be the brightest of sparks. I've heard him read out some unbelievably stupid texts in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Me too, and when he said he wasn't gonna read anymore out, I was a bit relieved, was getting a bit peed off listening to some of the daft messages coming in!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Had to laugh when a guy texted in and at start of message it said don't read out my name, Ray read message then said thats Eoin from Wexford!! I sometimes send in messages and if I didn't want my name read out I wouldn't put my name on it. But in fairness I would say he found it hard to hold back today. I know if it was me there I would find it impossible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Amazing broadcaster.
    Today FM have posted a pic of Ray on their Facebook page, it may be worth a look

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Amazing broadcaster.

What were they about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Lelantos wrote: »
    Today FM have posted a pic of Ray on their Facebook page, it may be worth a look

Ouch :o

579755_10150845052832568_36108807567_9906801_351521514_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Ouch :o

579755_10150845052832568_36108807567_9906801_351521514_n.jpg

I'm a 6ft trucker,sat in my kitchen in floods of tears looking at that photo :D

What's that all about? Did he get a hiding at the weekend?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

el diablo wrote: »
    What's that all about? Did he get a hiding at the weekend?

He tripped while running into work this morning.

Ray Foley theorises it was actually Jenny and her hormones. :pac:

Dub Ste wrote: »
    I'm a 6ft trucker,sat in my kitchen in floods of tears looking at that photo :D

This actually made me LOL :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

what was the leonard cohen song he played today...cant remember the name of it but it was in my head all day....

eurofoxy wrote: »
    what was the leonard cohen song he played today...cant remember the name of it but it was in my head all day....

If you know what time it was played at you can go to the play back option on their website and hear it again and get the name of it.

Wow, Ray must not have liked that Kopek cover of We are Young since he never said a word about it! He'd usually say something... anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

not sure i imagined it or what...but did i see ray in a paper this morning advocating suing the irish people and giving it to charity over his little nose bleed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,040 ✭✭✭✭neris

Had to turn off today that segment on baby names was real puke radio

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

The segment with Jenny reading 50 shades of gray or whatever it's called was gas! :pac:

When did they start having a band on every morning? IIRC it used to be once a week at most, but they've had three on in a row now...

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭PaulieG

Easily the best radio show on the Irish airwaves at the moment. I've lived in the UK and the USA and it's better than anything I heard there. Just looked at a couple of pages of comments on this thread and I worry for the future of the human race. From the nasty just for the sake of being nasty (I hate everyone who's more successful than me) brigade to outright lies about D'Arcy and his show. I think it's time to create a moon colony so we can banish some of these idiots forever. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

PaulieG wrote: »
    Easily the best radio show on the Irish airwaves at the moment. I've lived in the UK and the USA and it's better than anything I heard there. Just looked at a couple of pages of comments on this thread and I worry for the future of the human race. From the nasty just for the sake of being nasty (I hate everyone who's more successful than me) brigade to outright lies about D'Arcy and his show. I think it's time to create a moon colony so we can banish some of these idiots forever. :-)

Someone will accuse you of being Ray Darcy now or one of the darcy show team. I agree, it's a good show. I wouldn't be as enthusiastic anymore but it's popularity proves its a format people like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Deedsie wrote: »
    Someone will accuse you of being Ray Darcy now or one of the darcy show team. I agree, it's a good show. I wouldn't be as enthusiastic anymore but it's popularity proves its a format people like.

Yep, those accusations usually do come in when anyone gives the show a thumbs up!

I like it too. It has a few laughs, seriousness, music and it always seems like they all genuinely like each other and it does create a bit of a feel good listen.

Jenny going on Maternity leave was a nice moment on the show today, you could tell that Ray was very proud of her, which I though was nice, but you'll have the nay sayer saying it was him going on about his life again :rolleyes:

RachaelVO wrote: »
    Yep, those accusations usually do come in when anyone gives the show a thumbs up!

I like it too. It has a few laughs, seriousness, music and it always seems like they all genuinely like each other and it does create a bit of a feel good listen.

Jenny going on Maternity leave was a nice moment on the show today, you could tell that Ray was very proud of her, which I though was nice, but you'll have the nay sayer saying it was him going on about his life again :rolleyes:

Couldn't agree more, I thought it was lovely, was in car with a friend and she said "Jesus she is getting all that fuss because of ray", I completely disagreed, anytime someone leaves they always do something, Laura Byrne a few weeks ago (newsreader) every show made an effort for her send off.

It sounds like a great place to work, good banter and great staff morale. Best of luck Jenny, you'll be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

[QUOTE=PaulieG;. I've lived in the UK and the USA and it's better than anything I heard there.[/QUOTE]

In that case you must be right. I mean you have lived in two different countries you must be an expert, and like you said, people who have a different opinion to you are clearly idiots who deserve to be banished to the moon. Is there anything else you feel strongly about? I ask to allow myself opportunity to change my views should they differ from yours. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭The Master.

Ray D'arsey has a face i would never tire of slapping.
    I hate the way he talks over people and other times if that doesnt work he repeats himself twice just to be heard. he has no interest in anything his other presenters have to say and cant wait to cut them off and get onto the next thing he wants to say.
    An odious creep of a man.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Folks, abuse of presenters is NOT tolerated. Please keep it civil

Splinter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭The Master.

Apologies Ray, i didnt read the whole thread but i did see the first post when Ray was reffered to as an opinionated gob****e and i thought what i said would have been ok.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement