Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

jimmyw wrote: »
    Can you really take this fella serious? Didn't he say he would leave the country if Enda Kenny became taoiseach ?:rolleyes:

I don't think anyone takes him as seriously as he does himself!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Good for him.

Has any other 'Irish celebrity' put it as plainly as the man in the street would? That's a rhetorical question.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

jimmyw wrote: »
    Can you really take this fella serious? Didn't he say he would leave the country if Enda Kenny became taoiseach ?:rolleyes:

AAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

*slams head into brick wall*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Ah sure the church are all about the forgiveness anyway, be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭baldbear

Jesus Ray is playing some woeful music today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 The Trashcan Man

Ray Darcy Cant let it go. Today Ray plays a song from a rock band with the lyric “Jesus is dead” it also goes on to list more famous dead people. I don’t think it’s a secret Jesus died, is it news to Ray Darcy. Ray claims to of got solace from the song over the weekend. He got solace from a rock band name dropping and trying to be controversial how unoriginal. Rays ego has blown out of all proportion by his sycophant listeners.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I saw ray Darcy wearing a 'jesus is a c*nt' t shirt, and being mean to a nun.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Perhaps we can keep this on topic and take our personal feelings for Ray out of this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Splinter wrote: »
    Perhaps we can keep this on topic and take our personal feelings for Ray out of this?
    Good luck with that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Lelantos wrote: »
    Good luck with that! :)
    lelantos BANNED for a short break.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sympathy for the Taoiseach

Ray Darcy should shut about religion greater minds than his have questioned pondered it; up he hosts a light entertainment radio show. Why doesn’t he air his views on other more extreme religions, its easy put something down that can’t fight back? Whatever his views are keep them to himself. To say it’s Fu**ed up Ireland is severe. Ray lives in an ivory tower I’d love to have his problems.

PS
    Sorry my last post & probably this contains bad spelling & grammar. Detention for me ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

PS
    Sorry my last post & probably this contains bad spelling & grammar. Detention for me ha.
    Keep to the thread topic please.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Why doesn’t he air his views on other more extreme religions, its easy put something down that can’t fight back?

Well apart from the fact that the church are well able to fight back, what "other more extreme religions" do you know of that have been shown to have abused children and covered it up for decades in Ireland?

None? Didn't think so.
    Whatever his views are keep them to himself.

I'm not a D'Arcy fan necessarily, but for him to keep his views to himself would be practically impossible on a radio show which is dominated by talk and presented by him.
    To say it’s Fu**ed up Ireland is severe.

His wording may have been severe - and certainly inappropriate for that time of day on a national station - but as an opinion, I wouldn't describe it as all that severe compared with many I've heard in recent times.

Ray Darcy should shut about religion greater minds than his have questioned pondered it; up he hosts a light entertainment radio show. Why doesn’t he air his views on other more extreme religions, its easy put something down that can’t fight back? Whatever his views are keep them to himself. To say it’s Fu**ed up Ireland is severe. Ray lives in an ivory tower I’d love to have his problems.

PS
    I know an abuse victim...a priest raped him, that means he forced his penis into his anus. When complaints were made, the priest was moved by the Irish catholic church to elsewhere.....and guess what????? he did the same thing again....that's pretty extreme if you ask me.....
    are you referring to Muslims?? what have they done here that's worse than that?? Protestants perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

PS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades

I don't think it gets more extreme than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Caliden wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades

I don't think it gets more extreme than that.

Off topic... but they didn't happen in Ireland, did they?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

You can show your support for Ray at
    http://www.facebook.com/SupportRayDArcy

The irish church was founded on a bed of lies anyway wasn't it? Basically invented the St Patrick character that we all learned as fact in school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

I know an abuse victim...a priest raped him, that means he forced his penis into his anus. When complaints were made, the priest was moved by the Irish catholic church to elsewhere.....and guess what????? he did the same thing again....that's pretty extreme if you ask me.....
    are you referring to Muslims?? what have they done here that's worse than that?? Protestants perhaps?

I think the suggestion is that D'Arcy has nothing to fear from attacking a moribund organisation on its knees like the Catholic Church. It's pure populism.

Conversely, he used to treat Bertie Ahern as a bit of a loveable rascal and rogue at at time when he and FFail were destroying the country. He didn't bother turning on Ahern an company until he saw the way the public mood was going.

Populist lightweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

Im pretty sure he could give all his money and clothes and the shoes off his feet to the homeless and you lot would still find an issue with it. I think alot of people are confusing their anger at Ray's comment with their dislike for him.

I know personally if I was down the pub with my friends and said "the catholic church have in a lot of ways f**ked up this country" id probably get a cheers and here here from most people there and im sure thats the same as for alot of other people here. The fact that it is Ray is just giving people fuel for the fire of their dislike.

Obviously I know everyone doesnt fall into this bracket.

• Advertisement

I know personally if I was down the pub with my friends and said "the catholic church have in a lot of ways f**ked up this country" id probably get a cheers and here here from most people there and im sure thats the same as for alot of other people here. The fact that it is Ray is just giving people fuel for the fire of their dislike.
    As I've said, for me the issue is D'Arcy grandstanding on populist issues like this. The church has certainly been responsible for all manner of harm, but it certainly isn't the only source of problems for Irish society, and it's been a pretty minor one in the last decade. D'Arcy attacks the church and ignores more difficult but more worthwhile targets because they are a safe bet.

As I said before, has anyone ever heard him espouse an unpopular cause?

The catholic church are inert this day and age thousands have moved away due to priests shocking abuse of children, but the country still functions its not fu**ed. To me ray is using this issue as a vanity campaign because he hates the church and some of his listeners massage his ego because his seen as relevant. Ray couldn't understand marrage a few years back but now he's getting married stay tuned he might come to like the church. Would ray raise issues with the muslin faith if he disagreed with it or found some members comited brutal acts, i would say not he knows what fights to pick. If ray has the courage of his convictions he should have a proper discussion at a suitable time with an opposing opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Voodoo_rasher

Trashcan Man: "If ray has the courage of his convictions he should have a proper discussion at a suitable time with an opposing opinion2.

Or a 'Celebrity Death match' with Senator Mullen for that matter ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

I think people are reading too much into what he said, having listened to the show last Friday Ray was in particularly bad form and was generally narky. I think he was just thinking out loud which everyone else can do but it has consequences for radio presenters.
    We have all had days like that and to suggest that he was doing it to be populist or that he was attacking an easy target is delving way way too deep. He was having a bad day no more no less!

Or a 'Celebrity Death match' with Senator Mullen for that matter ;))[/QUOTE]

I’d pay to see that ha.
    If it was said because he was having a bad day fair enough, Ray has his pride & values he won’t apologies but why doesn’t he just leave it well enough alone. This morning he commented on receiving a holy picture. Is he enjoying the attention?

JM Skipton wrote: »
    We have all had days like that and to suggest that he was doing it to be populist or that he was attacking an easy target is delving way way too deep. He was having a bad day no more no less!
    If he wasn't a populist on every other important subject, you might have a point. But he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

To the newsreader at the handover today - 'we should have rehearsed that'.
    I doubt there's much on that show that isn't rehearsed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

PS

I hope your grasp of English is not indicative of the standard of catholic schooling;)
    I hate to be a grammar nazi but i think this goes beyond that.
    Seriously. i have no idea what you are saying:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Or a 'Celebrity Death match' with Senator Mullen for that matter ;))

I’d pay to see that ha.
    If it was said because he was having a bad day fair enough, Ray has his pride & values he won’t apologies but why doesn’t he just leave it well enough alone. This morning he commented on receiving a holy picture. Is he enjoying the attention?[/QUOTE]

He also mentioned.the hand bag hooks that Jenny and mairead got, plus other stuff they had received and gave a plug to the shop that sent them in. Why not give out about the shop who sent in the picture deliberately, knowing rays stand on it.

• Advertisement

He also mentioned.the hand bag hooks that Jenny and mairead got, plus other stuff they had received and gave a plug to the shop that sent them in. Why not give out about the shop who sent in the picture deliberately, knowing rays stand on it.[/QUOTE]

He doesn’t have to mention the picture but he persists in picking at the issue he can’t be the bigger man.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement