Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

Im afraid not. This is literally driving me mental.

Ive attached a midi file of the bass pattern if thats any help

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I imagine this will be a very difficult one to pin down, it's driving me mad.

As far as I know, its a current song. I've heard in a few bars and on the radio. It sounds a lot like something Florence and the Machine would but having listened to all the singles they've ever released, I'm sure it isn't.

Basically, that's all I have to go on. It sounds a lot like Florence and the Machine but it isn't. It's current but I've searched the singles chart and haven't found it. The only thing I can say about the song is that it's very powerful. The music rises really strongly right before the chorus. Unfortunately, I can't make out any of the words very clearly. There's possibly something about "we broke the rules" in the build-up to the chorus but searching for this has taken me further away. I'm certain the song is in English and if I had to guess, the singer is an English woman, but wouldn't be certain.

As you can see, this is incredibly difficult to pin down for me. Any ideas.
    I found out what this song was...

My description was way off, it's nothing like FATM. :o I guess my hearing is even worse than I thought.

This was the song:

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Icarus Wings

novarock wrote: »
    Ive heard it on a couple of soundtracks and out and about a few times..

It sounds like it could be on the Drive soundtrack, but its not.

Hey novarock! I know you said that it wasn't on the Drive soundtrack but have you checked if it isn't something by Kavinsky?

Listened to drive again - no closer..

I built what I remember of the track in garage band. Its driving me nuts..

file attached..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

file attached..

Last half sounded familiar, trying to place it...

• Advertisement

The higher synth is the vocal melody..

file attached..

I'm still thinking along the lines of Kavinsky...this one wasn't on the Drive soundtrack. It might even be a remix of something like this...:confused::confused:

It also sounded kind of quirky from your mix...something from Ratatat maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 skinny_guy

I've tried googling this and I still cannot find it. The song goes like "i'll i'll follow you, i'll follow you" and its a dance song. I think it was on an advert for Network 2 recently. The add showed clips of the Good Wife and Revenge.

skinny_guy wrote: »
    I've tried googling this and I still cannot find it. The song goes like "i'll i'll follow you, i'll follow you" and its a dance song. I think it was on an advert for Network 2 recently. The add showed clips of the Good Wife and Revenge.

Mentioned a number of times over the last few pages - I Follow Rivers by Lykke Li!

Official video -

...and this is the Magician's Remix -

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gra30

Any one have any ideas.was on tree of life when there is a dream sequence and they are flying in an old fighter plane. Sorry for the vagueness but seriously bugging me. Have heard it on some other things recently but just can't find it anywhere

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

There's an EDF ad on Eurosport at the moment where two builder guys are trying out all the Olympic venues to make sure they're up to scratch. Anyone know the music in the background?

Edit: here's a video of it.

http://youtu.be/zEe7j57Y2Z0

excerpt from Victory in the Rocky movies

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭sara16

Can anyone tell me the title of this song? It goes like
    'The world spins so fast

You struggle for your loved ones and though it hurts so bad

There’s beauty

And darkness'

I heard it on a preview of mtv's caged..:)

file attached..

Found it...

holy **** that was painful

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭sara16

Can anyone tell me the title of this song? It goes like
    'The world spins so fast

You struggle for your loved ones and though it hurts so bad

There’s beauty

And darkness'

I heard it on a preview of mtv's caged..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Anyone know what the Frames/Glen Hansard song is from the 'Revenge' ads on RTE? All I can make out is 'I'm not leaving'.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭connacht100

irish-stew wrote: »
    Anyone know what the Frames/Glen Hansard song is from the 'Revenge' ads on RTE? All I can make out is 'I'm not leaving'.

People looking for it a few pages back.

It's bird of sorrow by Glen Hansard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIGCpWi5dIs&feature=player_embedded

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭skybhoy121

anyone know the song on the latest RTE Revenge ad? the 'im not leaving' one!wreckin my head the last week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

skybhoy121 wrote: »
    anyone know the song on the latest RTE Revenge ad? the 'im not leaving' one!wreckin my head the last week!

Have you read the thread?

It's been answered a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭skybhoy121

oops just look at the last page sorry...had only seen the numb marina and the diamonds bein answered here..cheers for answering my question flyswatter..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭andymann

What was the song on the RTE Olympics coverage today when they showed a segment on the 12 live streams ?

skinny_guy wrote: »
    I Follow Rivers by Lykke Li

It was played during RTE's Olympic coverage when they cut to a feature on the 12 different streams of sports. Guitar with male voice like why-y-ay-y-ay..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Don't know the song but I'm sure you could hear it again on RTE Player.

http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=10039661

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kikimalkiable

the song you are looking for is: crystalised by the xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

anyone know the last song dave fanning played this eve....thought it was 'friend of the shooter' but cant find anything like that now I look..
    basically starts off with loads of guitar riffing..then theres a kinda voice-over style where the guy is basically talking about a friend who shot people..he knew the shooter from school days..
    maybe billy corgan is involved?.quite a lengthy song..would say its a fairly new song...much obliged for any help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

andymann wrote: »
    It was played during RTE's Olympic coverage when they cut to a feature on the 12 different streams of sports. Guitar with male voice like why-y-ay-y-ay..

Oh..I see its being answered

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Three songs, 1 was played on Phantom a lot, it was by a band from NI, they were hard rock/metal, the chorus was stop start in nature and they'd say test! in between but in a very NI accent, like taassshht. The other song was an indie tune which had falling overground in the lyrics. The last one was also played on Phantom heavily circa 2000, it was by the Frank and Walters band I think, I just remember the lyrics into the deepening blue or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jonsie

Really hoping someone helps me...playlist at work and there's 3 songs that I'm pretty sure are by the same band. Cannot find the songs no matter how hard I google the bits of lyrics I can pick up so gonna post them all here in the hope someone knows them!

Song 1...goes something like...because I died in another life, now I'm by your side..I'm there..I'm there..I'm thereeee!!..I'm holding on stop letting go (x4) I'm there for you now ( x4)...I'm wasted on you (x4)

Song 2....you know you bring that fire that fire that fire that fire you brinngg itt

Song 3...and if I fall...we will fall...and if you fall..we will fall

Reading back they sound pathetically unhelpful lyrics but literally cannot find them and its doing my head in! Oh and its a male rock band by sounds of it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

It's a very, very long shot but the first thing the third one brings to mind is Fields' If You Fail We All Fail:

Advertisement