Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OD8hBpDYMjM
    whats the name of the song at 1:47 of this video

anyone
    From the soundtrack to the film,the most likely off the album would be machinehead.
    There's 2 machinehead songs on the album,only one is on YouTube and its not it so my guess would be the other one.
    It's called "A no win situation"
    It's only a guess,no way for me to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Seniorpeazel

Have a song in my head and the tune is something similar to that of little sister by queens of the stone age. It would be quite a popular song and in a similar type genre to The Libertines. Don't know the name of the band or the son an it's stuck in my head and really irritating me. Can anyone help. I know I don't have much to go on but would love some help. Cheers.
    SP.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭La0Fruitcake

Hi guys, this is sucha long shot, but could anyone name bands beginning with K? there are two guys in the band I think, and i thought it ended in ---scopp or something so annoying came across them on youtube but Im sure they are a well know electro/dubstep sorta band? ANY ideas?? :(

Hi guys, this is sucha long shot, but could anyone name bands beginning with K? there are two guys in the band I think, and i thought it ended in ---scopp or something so annoying came across them on youtube but Im sure they are a well know electro/dubstep sorta band? ANY ideas?? :(
    Royksopp.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Royksopp.

FINALLY! thank you so much, care to have a stab at this then?? the first tune? sorry its the onl video i heard it on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOzFZ9L_rug

• Advertisement

FINALLY! thank you so much, care to have a stab at this then?? the first tune? sorry its the onl video i heard it on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOzFZ9L_rug
    No idea,can't really make it out on my phone anyway,nice video though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

i cant remember the lyrics or how it goes but does anyone know the name of the artish im trying to find, his music is like mgmt, hes a male and in this video he has longish blonde hair and has a stripe going across his eyes think its silver, i know its not much but if you know the name it would be much appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

David Bowie >_>

more modern i think in the music videos hes doing kung fu? i could be way off though

i think one of the lines of the song went, "thrill of it, thrill of it"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

DaNiEl1994 wrote: »
    more modern i think in the music videos hes doing kung fu? i could be way off though

i think one of the lines of the song went, "thrill of it, thrill of it"

• Advertisement

legend, thanks a million

I was listening to Nova last week and some song came on with a high paced repetitive bass line and high pitched singing. It goes up a pitch too as does the singing. It was class but I've not a clue what it was, any help?

this is also a long shot! But does anyone remember a song from maybe 2000 where there is a say 18 year old girl and her wee sister maybe, they are running through fields etc and its sung in french!(female singing) it could have been a danscey but mellow sort of tune. sorry its not much to go on! and also it could be an awful song but I liked it when I was 10 and it keeps popping into my head :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Anybody help me out with this song, its going through my head for the last few hours, but cant think of who sings it. It's sung by a british rock band, and it was released in the last few years(3-4 I'd say), and it might starts with the lyrics
    "It's 4 o'clock in the morning......"

I have the Libertines or the vaccines in my head as the band that sing it, but I cant seem to find the song if its them. Its a massive sing along song at festivals if that is any further help

Anybody help me out with this song, its going through my head for the last few hours, but cant think of who sings it. It's sung by a british rock band, and it was released in the last few years(3-4 I'd say), and it might starts with the lyrics

I have the Libertines or the vaccines in my head as the band that sing it, but I cant seem to find the song if its them. Its a massive sing along song at festivals if that is any further help

possibly?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDvdcB_Hl1c

Nope, it's a dude that sings it. And I dont "think" that the title of the song has "4our o'clock in the morning" in it. I could be wrong on the last part, but its definitely a dude.
    I have an image in my head of them singing either pyramid stage or other stage at Glastonbury last year

Nope, it's a dude that sings it. And I dont "think" that the title of the song has "4our o'clock in the morning" in it. I could be wrong on the last part, but its definitely a dude.
    I have an image in my head of them singing either pyramid stage or other stage at Glastonbury last year
    Only songs I can think of with four o'clock mentioned are 'sorted for e's and whizz' by Pulp and 'the swagga' by Gorillaz. Pulp song too old to fit and Gorillaz not a rock band.

Pighead wrote: »
    Only songs I can think of with four o'clock mentioned are 'sorted for e's and whizz' by Pulp and 'the swagga' by Gorillaz. Pulp song too old to fit and Gorillaz not a rock band.

Both good tunes, but not the tunes I am afraid

/Roy Walker

Its more of a sing a long anthem style song

This it???

This it???

Fcuk, on first listen I though that was it. :(
    It's slightly more up tempo than that.

• Advertisement

High five Billy. Pighead's nailed it! It's this one. It has to be. Cracking tune.
    If it's not this one can you pretend it is just to keep me happy? Cheers.

Altogether now:
    And it's 4 in the morning, and I'm walking along
    Beside the ghost of every drinker here who has ever done wrong
    And it's you, woo hoo
    That's got me going crazy for the things you do

Pighead wrote: »
    High five Billy. Pighead's nailed it! It's this one. It has to be. Cracking tune.
    If it's not this one can you pretend it is just to keep me happy? Cheers.

Altogether now:
    And it's 4 in the morning, and I'm walking along
    Beside the ghost of every drinker here who has ever done wrong
    And it's you, woo hoo
    That's got me going crazy for the things you do

Well done pighead, I knew you would find it. High fives back.
    Wait, whats that over there pighead, looks like some hot tomali in distress. I think you should go help her out since you have no further work to do here....

/waits for pighead to leave

Yeah, that's not the song neither folks. :(

Faaacking hell man!!
    You sure you got the right lyrics??

Well done pighead, I knew you would find it. High fives back.
    Wait, whats that over there pighead, looks like some hot tomali in distress. I think you should go help her out since you have no further work to do here....

/waits for pighead to leave

Yeah, that's not the song neither folks. :(
    BLAST! Anger rising. Was certain that was it. Even give the guns to the computer in celebration.

THIS WILL NOT BEAT ME. Have called in sick to work tomorrow. This will be resolved.

Faaacking hell man!!

Fairly sure yeah. It could be some other hour of the morning, but I am almost certain its "four o'clock"

Faaacking hell man!!

Sorry dude, I had the wrong lyrics :-/
    Here is the fcaking song, tune!!

Lyrics are here
    http://www.lyricsmania.com/trains_to_brazil_lyrics_guillemots.html
    Aaahhhhh
    aaaahhhhaaa
    aaaah
    You're feelin old

Its 1 o clock on a friday morning
    I'm trying to keep my back from the wall
    The prophets and their bombs have had another success
    And i'm wondering why we bother at all

And i think of you on cold winter mornings
    Darling they remind me of when we were at school
    Nothing really mattered when you called out my name
    In fact, nothing really mattered at all

And i think about how long it will take them to blow us away
    But i won't get me down, I'm just thankful to be facing the day

Cos days don't get you far when you're gone

It's five o clock on a Friday morning
    one hundred telephones shake and ring
    And one of them is from someone who knew you.......

And i still think of you on cold winter mornings
    Darling they'll still remind me of when we were at school
    When they could never have persuaded me that lives like yours
    were the hands of these eronious fools

And to those of you who moan your lives through one day to the next
    Well let them take you next
    Cos you live and be thankful you're here

See it could be you tomorrow next year

• Registered Users Posts: 10 scrappycoco

Hi all,

Anyone know the song name or band on the recent TV3 ad "freaky friday nights". ?

Been bugging me for ages cause I cant find it. Help much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭David086

Anyone know the song from this video?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rykun

juansheet wrote: »
    Hi All

Heard a song tonight played at the end of the sky sports coverage of Man U vs Newcastle. Lyrics included "I am a rabbit in your headlights like the early morning headline". Sounded a bit like one night only

Really wrecking my head!

Any info would be great

Juansheet
    Morning Parade - Headlights

Here is the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu8UvEe9n6Q&feature=youtu.be

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

this is also a long shot! But does anyone remember a song from maybe 2000 where there is a say 18 year old girl and her wee sister maybe, they are running through fields etc and its sung in french!(female singing) it could have been a danscey but mellow sort of tune. sorry its not much to go on! and also it could be an awful song but I liked it when I was 10 and it keeps popping into my head :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDwKPGUIVME

Advertisement